Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEHS - Album Covers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

This is brilliant! Well done on putting the categories together. Wish I knew more...
    Will have wonder and may give it a go if I have a flash of inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Poochie05 wrote: »
    This is brilliant! Well done on putting the categories together. Wish I knew more...
    Will have wonder and may give it a go if I have a flash of inspiration!

Thanks! Definitely do :)

Worst case scenario it'll be nice for Necro to have a challenger for the wooden spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

In!

May be worse than I thought as some of them I wasn't 100% sure of the artist even when I recognised the album cover. This is not going to be the game where I emerge from the lower half of the table! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Quick flit over says I know all the really obvious ones that will ensure I lose, so I may come back and see what else I know :o

• Advertisement

Quick flit over says I know all the really obvious ones that will ensure I lose, so I may come back and see what else I know :o

Unless everyone avoids the obvious ones, then you'd win picking them...

...but what if everyone thinks that, so goes for the obvious ones, then you'd lose...

...unless everyone thinks that and...

The joy of PEEHS :p

18 entries in (including at least two new players) and I've just tested the sheepulator on them

Out of 120 album covers, 91 have been correctly identified, I'm very impressed :)

All but two categories had at least six of the answers covered, well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In

I’m in. Will send PM as soon as I can.

489928.jpg

22 entries now
    I'll leave it open until midnight on Sunday :)

• Advertisement

489986.jpg

490063.jpg

Yeah, I'm slightly struggling with the countdown posts now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'll leave these here for when you need to lead people to the reveal thread
    220px-Jewel_-_This_Way.jpg

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_II.jpg
    220px-The_The_-_Infected_CD_album_cover.jpg
    220px-R.E.M._-_Reveal.jpg

220px-Gov%27t_mule_by_a_thread_album_cover.JPG

Banjo wrote: »
    I'll leave these here for when you need to lead people to the reveal thread

Ha ha, perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Finally submitted, definitely overthought this one. Fingers crossed that my time in HMV has paid off now :D

I know 6/8 in most of these (or at least think I do! Maybe I don't!!). I know all the females in q.3 but spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide who would be least well known and went for someone I only heard of recently (but that's probably just cause I'm not cool!) But anyways the shapes question... I only know two!!! The rest are driving me bananas trying to figure out but I'm not going to Google. I'll wait for the reveal to find out. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Entered - Jeez, some of them I never saw in my life! :o

twirlagig wrote: »
    Entered - Jeez, some of them I never saw in my life! :o

That might say more about me than you :p

Up to 25 now :)

Looks like a great spread of answers and scoring too, I think it should be an interesting contest (I don't know the scores myself yet)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is it Monday you're planning on kicking this reveal off EN or did I read that incorrectly?

Necro wrote: »
    Is it Monday you're planning on kicking this reveal off EN or did I read that incorrectly?

Tuesday evening :)

I'll aim for 8:30, give or take

• Advertisement

I know 6/8 in most of these (or at least think I do! Maybe I don't!!). I know all the females in q.3 but spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide who would be least well known and went for someone I only heard of recently (but that's probably just cause I'm not cool!) But anyways the shapes question... I only know two!!! The rest are driving me bananas trying to figure out but I'm not going to Google. I'll wait for the reveal to find out. Can't wait!

Ignore the above! I'm nowhere near as great as I think I am! :D I somehow thought there was only 10 categories! Just submitted the other five and found them harder. Only knew 4 of category 11 and very shamefully only knew 3 in the Irish category and one of thems a guess! :D

Up to 25 now :)

Looks like a great spread of answers and scoring too, I think it should be an interesting contest (I don't know the scores myself yet)

I've just loaded the sheepulator...

104 of the 120 possible answers have been given.
    Every category has at least 6 out of 8 answers given.
    The spread is amazing! I'm avoiding looking at the scores until the reveal myself :)

490122.jpg
    ...well, not exactly but you get the idea!
    I'll be shutting down first thing Monday morning so I can work out how to run a reveal thread on Tuesday evening

A for effort

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fantastic idea EN. Just submitted there.

490206.jpg
    Yep, that's it, entries are closed. We have 27 players :)

I'll set up the reveal thread later today, ready for the reveal tomorrow evening at 8:30

490243.jpg

Reveal in just over an hour

Nice, simple link to the reveal thread just to be sure...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058013897

Advertisement