Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple event September 10th

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

The 11 Pro is bigger, thicker and heavier than the XS, so I'd imagine that's where most of the increased battery life is coming from.

Very interesting. Nothing was said obviously in the keynote and we are talking about 11 grams and 0.4mm in depth, but still. Very un-apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

brimal wrote: »
    Got the iPhone 11 in Red. Will be arriving on Friday 20th. They also deliver on Saturday too.

Thanks for your advice guys.

I thought it's not releasing til November?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I thought it's not releasing til November?

Nope, pre-orders start today and launch is 20th Sept.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Did anyone actually manage to order from Vodafone today?

An absolute **** show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'm not sure what three ireland are at but it now appears from their website I can upgrade to a basic 11 cheaper than an XR 64GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

:)

55701-D89-9-E75-47-B8-8-E01-2-B165-DFA8011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

:)

55701-D89-9-E75-47-B8-8-E01-2-B165-DFA8011.jpg

Thats genius. Really hides the cameras well for anyone who might not like the look:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not sure what three ireland are at but it now appears from their website I can upgrade to a basic 11 cheaper than an XR 64GB.

It would be odd for them to change prices of existing phones mid month. Probably start of October before you see any price drops.

It would be odd for them to change prices of existing phones mid month. Probably start of October before you see any price drops.

I'll sit on it another while so :D

Just pre ordered a new iPhone 11.

Feck it, might as well treat myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

From what i read on the Verge , the new iphone,s have
    improved camera,s to take better photos in low light ,new selfie modes .
    And a wide range of colours .
    Otherwise not much difference from last years model .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

riclad wrote: »
    From what i read on the Verge , the new iphone,s have
    improved camera,s to take better photos in low light ,new selfie modes .
    And a wide range of colours .
    Otherwise not much difference from last years model .

To be fair the pro max a nice upgrade say over the max. Insane Camera tech, same screen tech as s10/note 10, a beast of a SOC, 5 hours more battery, fast charger in box .....

Micky 32 wrote: »
    To be fair the pro max a nice upgrade say over the max. Insane Camera tech, same screen tech as s10/note 10, a beast of a SOC, 5 hours more battery, fast charger in box .....

Android 10 beta is testing using the 3 cameras on some phones, was impressed with the iPhone video then googled to see can I use the 3 on mine on the off chance..Yip it's coming to Android.
    S10/note 10 are hedious worse than the notch, think one plus have the screen advantage over most flagships, the pop up camera is genuis and you never wonder is someone spying on you through the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Android 10 beta is testing using the 3 cameras on some phones, was impressed with the iPhone video then googled to see can I use the 3 on mine on the off chance..Yip it's coming to Android.
    S10/note 10 are hedious worse than the notch, think one plus have the screen advantage over most flagships, the pop up camera is genuis and you never wonder is someone spying on you through the camera.

The problem I found with the op7 screen is and I believe it's to do with the 90 htz, not as bright and doesn't have the overall quality as the 60htz samsung panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone holding out for the Pixel 4 announcement before making a plunge on a new phone?

Even though most of the specs have been leaked for the Pixel 4 im curious about pricing. We have Google Assistant enabled house, Google Home controlls all the lights, the thermostat, the blinds, sound system and some plugs. Have to say Google Assistant is light years ahead of the Siri system. The effort of integrating everything into Siri/Apple Homekit is an absolute nightmare where as everything seems to just work with Google.

Hence why im eager to move to the Pixel 4 but, its hard to leave Apple given iv had an iPhone the last 3 years and all my whatsapps etc will be lost.

I don’t personally see any big need for the phone to have native integration with smart home kit. I went fully down the amazon echo route for smart controls rather than google as I prefer them and I have never really noticed any need to do stuff I couldn’t easily do using the Alexa app or the individual apps for smart devices. You can even use voice request to Alexa through the Alexa app on the iPhone.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone holding out for the Pixel 4 announcement before making a plunge on a new phone?

Even though most of the specs have been leaked for the Pixel 4 im curious about pricing. We have Google Assistant enabled house, Google Home controlls all the lights, the thermostat, the blinds, sound system and some plugs. Have to say Google Assistant is light years ahead of the Siri system. The effort of integrating everything into Siri/Apple Homekit is an absolute nightmare where as everything seems to just work with Google.

Hence why im eager to move to the Pixel 4 but, its hard to leave Apple given iv had an iPhone the last 3 years and all my whatsapps etc will be lost.

There hardly all thinking about a pixel in the new iPhone thread, You won't loose anything moving including your what's app. Wouldn't be bothered waiting on the pixel plenty of excellent phones out there if you want something now, buy tomorrow or wait until November sometime as there's a load of new androids to come out including hopefully the Moto Razr4.

Advertisement