Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple event September 10th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    Great price and great to get the year free. At the rumoured €10 price it wasn't gonna happen, but at that price and how the shows look I'll be signing up at launch.

It looks like it they might see it more a way to push hardware sales than a Netflix competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Is his name JAWS???? Haha :D

Thought they had hired the James Bond villain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

peteeeed wrote: »

Exactly what I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Are the people in the audience contractually obliged to clap and cheer at whatever is said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What is with the huge bezels at the top and bottom of the iPad. Can they not shrink them down!!

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

I said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Are the people in the audience contractually obliged to clap and cheer at whatever is said ?
    A lot of Apple staff so they'd be hyped after working on a lot of this stuff. But yeah, definitely encouraged to cheer.

They’re all getting a year free of TV+ for clapping...

Shame about the bezels on the iPad..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What is with the huge bezels at the top and bottom of the iPad. Can they not shrink them down!!

Yes, see the iPad Pro. This is the cheap model so they are using the old form factor.

No doubt the could, but for that you have the iPad Pro ... product line segmentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They can't make the entry level too flashy otherwise nobody would upgrade to the higher end models.

As soon as I heard A10 I tuned out

Mr.S wrote: »
    A year of free access to Apple TV+ is very nice.

Yeah but that’s 60 dollars

Definitely nothing bezel-free for 329 USD!

I have the iPad Air original and was waiting to see. At that price I think I’d be a good buy and upgrade.

I've had many iphones and ipads but maybe it's just me but I don't see the appeal of the apple watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So no iPad Pro?!

I've had many iphones and ipads but maybe it's just me but I don't see the appeal of the apple watch.

They’re actually awesome. Had series 1 and recently upgraded to series 4. Along with a sleep monitoring app I got its actually monitored and helped me fix my sleep after years of broken sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes, see the iPad Pro. This is the cheap model so they are using the old form factor.

You could have the same design for both and add the better screen/specs to the Pro. Big bezels just look dated and stupid now.

I really want to get a new iPad but don't need the Pro so was hoping the new one would be a the one to get.

They’re actually awesome. Had series 1 and recently upgraded to series 4. Along with a sleep monitoring app I got its actually monitored and helped me fix my sleep after years of broken sleep.

I'm not saying they aren't good. it's probably maybe because I don't really wear a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Giving an awful lot of time to the watch.

I'm not saying they aren't good. it's probably maybe because I don't really wear a watch.

There ya go buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I can see how it would diagnose but how would it solve a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

adox wrote: »
    Bloody Apple Events app won't download for me on ATV for some reason.

https://youtu.be/996wliAI_y4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You could have the same design for both and add the better screen/specs to the Pro. Big bezels just look dated and stupid now.

I really want to get a new iPad but don't need the Pro so was hoping the new one would be a the one to get.

I agree, but that would still mean a higher price tag. They also only just released a new iPad Air with the same form factor, so there was no reason to expect the entry-level model to get smaller bezels.

For me, I could definitely do without it, but it does a lot of small optional things which are nice to have (Apple Pay without taking anything off my pockets, sleep tracking, exercice tracking, music and messaging in some scenarios when I don't want my phone with me, etc).

I can see how it would diagnose but how would it solve a problem.

The app gives suggested times based on data of how I have slept and over time adjusts the time for sleep accordingly, spots trends.. it has 100% helped me get my sleeping patterns to a place where I am getting consistent nights sleeps.

adox wrote: »
    Giving an awful lot of time to the watch.

And without talking about the actual new watch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Peatys wrote: »

Thanks. I've a stream on my iPad that I'm airplaying to ATV.

The only thing is I lose the stream if I change to a different tab so I can't use the iPad.

• Advertisement

Argh ... I don't want to replace my series 4 yet, but always-on display is a strong argument! :-s

Advertisement