Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple event September 10th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I agree, but that would still mean a higher price tag. They also only just released a new iPad Air with the same form factor, so there was no reason to expect the entry-level model to get smaller bezels.

They don't even need to have no bezels. Just make the top and bottom of the iPad match the bezel on the sides. Something like the Mediapad M5. Nice and even all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I still can’t pull the trigger on a watch with a battery that lasts 1 day , I have a solar powered Casio ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wonder what the battery life is if you turn "always on" off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Currently have a Series 3 watch. Really like the look of the Series 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Is the red ring back on the dial?

Edit... yep it is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Few surprises with the Apple Watch that didn't leak. Happy with the Series 4, the always on display doesn't appeal. The rest are software features that they'll probably limit to the new models even though they have the capability. The lower priced Series 3 will definitely bring a lot of people into buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Might just upgrade my series 2 so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

These ‘fun’ videos are cringe worthy at this stage. So overused. They’ve become a parody of themselves

DubDJ wrote: »
    Few surprises with the Apple Watch that didn't leak. Happy with the Series 5, the always on display doesn't appeal. The rest are software features that they'll probably limit to the new models even though they have the capability. The lower priced Series 3 will definitely bring a lot of people into buying one.

You can probably turn off the always on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Does the series 3 model catch irregular heartbeats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can probably turn off the always on display.
    I meant that it's not a reason for me to upgrade to a newer model, not that it would discourage me. Just not a must have for me.

Wonder what happened to the rumoured sleep tracking on the Apple Watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Now we are getting to the business end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Still no (built-in) sleep tracking on the watch btw. I find it strange they still haven't done it ... it is obviously doable and works fine with third party apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does the series 3 model catch irregular heartbeats.
    No, only the series 4.

Apart from the compass, what else is new about the 5?

Mr.S wrote: »
    1.6m concurrent viewers on the YouTube stream, that has to be some record.

Space X launch had 2.3 or 2.5m concurrent views. Not sure if that's the biggest.

Next year will be the year to upgrade iPhones. This year is a nothing upgrade from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Still LCD.....christ! :eek::rolleyes:

I miss Johnny and the white room

I miss Johnny and the white room

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

So if I get it right, iPhone 11 is the iPhone XRS?

• Advertisement

Next year will be the year to upgrade iPhones. This year is a nothing upgrade from last year

Yeah I'm due an upgrade next year so It'll be next year for me.

I find it interesting they said most popular camera not best.

This one is zero craic. About as interesting as the upgrade.

Cut out is rough at the top. Taking up so much of the screen but I really like the green color on the 11. Camera module doesn't look to bad.

"yeah pets"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Will be interesting to compare the night mode to that of the upcoming Pixel 4. Could put Apple on top as the Pixel 3 has set the industry benchmark in terms of low light photography

Mr.S wrote: »
    Night mode is badly needed, so that's a welcome.

They had to , they were so far behind nearly every other phone which has night mode the last year. Pity they can’t release it as a software upgrade for existing phones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This one is zero craic. About as interesting as the upgrade.

There's a lot of awkward silences where's she expecting a round of applause and getting nothing. :P

So equivalent to XR is now iPhone?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    There's a lot of awkward silences where's she expecting a round of applause and getting nothing. :P

Ah in fairness it can't be easy to stand up there. She's clearly enthusiastic about it but her and the audience aren't in sync.

Advertisement