Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Greece

• 29-08-2019 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am currently in Greece and my Bank of Ireland debit card will not work with ATM machines to allow me to withdraw cash. I tried to phoe the help line twice today but when the girl tried to put me through the line went dead. Any suggestions?

Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Call again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

It should work there - I go to Greece regularly. Also, did you try an alternative ATM machine?

By the way, avoid the yellow and blue Euronet machines conveniently located outside shops, etc. They charge a hefty commission. You are better off with bank ATMs.

But yes - call Bank of Ireland again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I am currently in Greece and my Bank of Ireland debit card will not work with ATM machines to allow me to withdraw cash. I tried to phoe the help line twice today but when the girl tried to put me through the line went dead. Any suggestions?

Joe
    The bank of Ireland talk to forum on here maybe.

Advertisement