Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Ulster bank see Natwest statements

• 30-08-2019 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm going through a mortgage approval with Ulster Bank and they have requested to see my UK bank statements with Natwest which showed up on my credit report. I would assume being part of the same brand they could pull the information through?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

When I was applying with kbc they couldn't pull statements from a bank account we had with themselves, so I wouldn't expect ulster bank to be able to pull something from what is technically a different bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Not at all, the cannot see them, separate banks. Just because they have the same owner as such doesn't mean systems are linked.

Hell I can't even return something I buy in one Tesco in my town in the other one in the town so links don't always mean much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hdwinny

You'd assume in 21st Century things would run smoother and be more organized!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Maybe in future this kind of thing will be easier as a result of PSD2, but for the moment we have to continue cutting down a small forest for each application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hdwinny

It would also make it easier for validation purposes. I understand in America they do VOD (verification of deposit) forms. As far as i'm aware this isn't practice in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement