Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for 4 IP Cameras + NVR

Options
  • 30-08-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for recommendations for 4 IP Cameras + NVR please - Not considering anything other than POE & also have 150MBs fibre internet so bandwidth not an issue.

My budget is a max spend of €500 ideally & I'll self-install and configure (have some IT experience here)

I'm hoping for good clear images for daytime and night viewing. If I cannot get a system in place that can clearly recognize faces and number plates then I feel that its just not worth doing. (Maybe a budget revision might be required?) So does this mean I need to draw a line under a certain figure - ie 8MP or whatever?

Is it a good idea to install a dome camera in the main hallway as evidence that burglars actually did gain entry and prowl the house? I can imaging them saying they were just wandering about the garden while innocently trying to find the Owners etc..... Surely it must be necessary to have video from inside also?

Also its important to me that the apps perform well, are stable and are designed to be nice to use - Buggy thoughtless software that barely works is a particular pet hate.

After reading up for a bit I think I'd be happiest with Hikvision or their models aimed at the domestic market - I think they've changed the branding from Hiwatch to Hilook on these since Jan?

Its 20 meters or so from the house to the end of driveway - I think I'd be happy enough to install bullet cameras as I think the visibility and deterrent is no harm as well as them performing a bit better (is this true?)

I buy a lot from Amazon but am concerned about getting knock-off products as seemingly they are resold a fair bit on Ebay, and Amazon - Can ye please recommend a couple of good online retailers for Hikvision gear?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts from you folks who know these systems and the pitfalls to watch for :)

Many thanks.

Advertisement