Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open eir Eir and their 2 step process for Broadband

• 30-08-2019 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello. Wonder can any boarders can provide some guidance on a matter I have with Open eir and Eir.

Some background
    New built estate
    Builder has installed fibre only in the estate to the houses sold.

Contacted Eir months ago to organise broadband. Agent said there's a 2 step process get line installed then see about speeds

Engineer came out spend 2 minutes at house said fibre only you can only get fibre and not copper to ring Eir to change order. This is where the fun started.

They said to email. Open eir and ask for install date.

Emailed them and received a reply to say don't contact us and go via provider
    The catch is we can't get a provider with out a connection.

Every time I ring eir and state its fibre only and no copper lines they don't listen and continue to go on about the 2 step process.

The estate has had residents since last year.

Any ideas what do do as can't contact open eir and eir just don't listen.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

You basically can't do anything until open eir decide to cable your estate and commission it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

Hello. Wonder can any boarders can provide some guidance on a matter I have with Open eir and Eir.

Some background
    New built estate
    Builder has installed fibre only in the estate to the houses sold.

Contacted Eir months ago to organise broadband. Agent said there's a 2 step process get line installed then see about speeds

Engineer came out spend 2 minutes at house said fibre only you can only get fibre and not copper to ring Eir to change order. This is where the fun started.

They said to email. Open eir and ask for install date.

Emailed them and received a reply to say don't contact us and go via provider
    The catch is we can't get a provider with out a connection.

Every time I ring eir and state its fibre only and no copper lines they don't listen and continue to go on about the 2 step process.

The estate has had residents since last year.

Any ideas what do do as can't contact open eir and eir just don't listen.

Thanks

It sounds to me like the builder has the ducting in place for fibre, not the actual fibre.

I'm in the same position as you since I moved into a new estate last year. Only in the past few weeks has fibre actually been run through the estate but the work still isn't finished to the point where it's available to us. It's been impossible to get any info from anywhere on what's going on but at least they've made a start for us.

People keep ordering broadband and Eir/Vodafone send the lads from KN out, they look down the hole, say there's no copper infrastructure and head away again. I see it every few weeks.

Unfortunately, you might just have to wait it out, from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

You basically can't do anything until open eir decide to cable your estate and commission it.

Thanks. I think it's rediculus that we are at the mercy of a private company...

Advertisement