Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental transfer of money

• 30-08-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

I recently got a small loan, haven't made a payment yet.
    I wasn't paying attention and accidently transferred money into the loan account from joint account, subsequently leaving the loan €280 in credit. This was money for rent.
    Is it possible for the bank to reverse this.
    I can't seem to do anything my end. I'm freaking out.
    HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Coopaloop wrote: »
    I recently got a small loan, haven't made a payment yet.
    I wasn't paying attention and accidently transferred money into the loan account from joint account, subsequently leaving the loan €280 in credit. This was money for rent.
    Is it possible for the bank to reverse this.
    I can't seem to do anything my end. I'm freaking out.
    HELP.

Call your bank now. Something similar happened to me years back. I called them straight away and they reversed it. In my case the cutoff was midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

qwertz wrote: »
    Call your bank now. Something similar happened to me years back. I called them straight away and they reversed it. In my case the cutoff was midnight.

Thanks, this makes me feel slightly betterThey are closed....don't open till 9 in the morning. I called the second it happened. Hopefully it gets sorted.

Advertisement