Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ye dealing with the compulsory homosexuality in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah for the people who think gay people a) engage in sort of attention-seeking agenda-driven PDAs that are way over the top compared to straight people and b) nobody cares or would give you hassle for going about your innocuous gay way then

a) spend tomorrow noticing, just really noticing the straight couples around you. It's just visual white noise for most of us but honestly, make a mental note of every couple you see holding hands, hanging off each other, kissing, snogging, sitting on each other's laps. Is what you see from gay people really out of line with it or do you just notice it more?

b) especially for the men, take another man's hand or put your arm around him, just a totally innocuous thing like you'd do with a woman. And just walk around town for a couple of hours. See what stares and glares and sniggering and heckling you get.
    Nail on the head...thanks for that.

I am personally not one of those people who is comfortable being affectionate with my partner in public, I wish I was, but past experiences would make me a tad paranoid unfortunately.

But when I see a gay couple holding hands on the street it warms my heart to be honest, and it seems to be a lot more common among younger couples, lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

gmisk wrote: »
    Nail on the head...thanks for that.

I am personally not one of those people who is comfortable being affectionate with my partner in public, I wish I was, but past experiences would make me a tad paranoid unfortunately.

But when I see a gay couple holding hands on the street it warms my heart to be honest, and it seems to be a lot more common among younger couples, lovely stuff.

I've been in relationships with men and women, I've direct experience of this from both sides and there is a world of difference in my experience of just living in the world, the only variable being the gender of the person I was with. I can say with absolute certainty for example that while kissing my boyfriend nobody has ever, once, shouted "HETEROSEXUALS!" at us... In general I would say two women together are at substantially less risk of physical violence than two men as well.

Anyone who genuinely believes everything is just grand and it's just whiny gays with their persecution complex needs to open their eyes and ears. This is a good country in which to be gay but you can be aware and appreciative of that and still point out bad elements.

The young ones do indeed seem a lot more confident about it, and it is lovely to see, even if you'd be a biteen worried for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I've been in relationships with men and women, I've direct experience of this from both sides and there is a world of difference in my experience of just living in the world, the only variable being the gender of the person I was with. I can say with absolute certainty for example that while kissing my boyfriend nobody has ever, once, shouted "HETEROSEXUALS!" at us... In general I would say two women together are at substantially less risk of physical violence than two men as well.

Anyone who genuinely believes everything is just grand and it's just whiny gays with their persecution complex needs to open their eyes and ears. This is a good country in which to be gay but you can be aware and appreciative of that and still point out bad elements.

The young ones do indeed seem a lot more confident about it, and it is lovely to see, even if you'd be a biteen worried for them.

I’d be more concerned about what they’d encounter online. The types of our leo Sherlock wannabe ‘lefty’ posting earlier.

‘Your ilk’

Is that a reportable remark I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I’d be more concerned about what they’d encounter online. The types of our leo Sherlock wannabe ‘lefty’ posting earlier.

‘Your ilk’

Is that a reportable remark I wonder
    You should go ahead and report “your ilk” if you find it offensive.
    I’ll go ahead and report this post for “wannabee” as it’s pretty offensive too.

splinter65 wrote: »
    You should go ahead and report “your ilk” if you find it offensive.
    I’ll go ahead and report this post for “wannabee” as it’s pretty offensive too.

He has a username called lefty

He’s clearly not a leftie

You’re now offended by ‘wannabe’ as a term.

Who’s the tin pot hitler again? Oh. Its yourself.
    You’re getting more fragile by the day.
    Report away :)

• Advertisement

(Have I just found one of leo Sherlock’s many many online accounts in the wild? He bizarrely took strange offense to it. Stay tuned to find out!)

You’re now offended by ‘wannabe’ as a term.

Who’s the tin pot hitler again? Oh. Its yourself.
    You’re getting more fragile by the day.
    Report away :)

You’re offended by “your ilk”.
    But I can’t be offended by “wannabee”.
    You’re so blinded by your victimhood that you are appearing totally demented.
    This is just hilarious!

(Have I just found one of leo Sherlock’s many many online accounts in the wild? He bizarrely took strange offense to it. Stay tuned to find out!)

Yes I am Leo Sherlock.
    I’m also the Queen of Spain and the Empress of Japan.
    What a clever little chappie you are to find me out.
    But then people of your ilk never fail to surprise us ordinary mortals with your superpowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

:rolleyes:

What a plodding, uninformed observation.

Lefty Bicek is a character from the writings of Nelson Algren.

Nothing to do with politics.

Same standard as your inanities last night. Let us remind ourselves...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111156287&postcount=298
    If he was actually Irish I’d expect so.

Well, actually I am. So what ?
    Boards is infested with very obvious anti everything antagonist accounts lately.

I've had this account for significantly longer than you've had yours.
    I doubt the accounts with posts like the ones he’s made minute I see them.

I doubt accounts where people can amass almost 3,600 posts in 4 months.

I suppose it makes you an expert of sorts.

splinter65 wrote: »
    You’re offended by “your ilk”.
    But I can’t be offended by “wannabee”.
    You’re so blinded by your victimhood that you are appearing totally demented.
    This is just hilarious!

Love it.

Worth remembering the very sensible words of Stephen Fry.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fvcking what."

• Advertisement

Water finds its own level I guess. Plenty of stuff you’d into on xvideos. Google is your friend :)

We basically laugh at homophobes like you and your nonsense.

It’s not even word salad. You’ve reached insult alphabet soup stupidity. That’s ok. It’s vital. We all need a laugh. Your redundant views are comedic in value. If they have even that.
    You’re not even offensive anymore.
    Impotent.
    But please continue. We’re all gasping for your next missive

Love it.

Worth remembering the very sensible words of Stephen Fry.

Oooh I've bad news for you about him 😬

Oooh I've bad news for you about him ��

So smiley faces are the horribly slim macho men not pussies at all pussy faces the homophobic agenda hides behind.

Riiiight

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well what do you expect when you continuously lash out homophobic remarks but start quoting gay people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Well what do you expect when you continuously lash out homophobic remarks but start quoting gay people.

It was an uninteresting observation, to be fair.

Do you or anyone else, seriously think I am unaware of who Stephen Fry is ?

Or for that matter - Andre Gide, Truman Capote, Allen Ginsberg... etc etc

Get real.

Lose the siege mentality.

Get real.

You’re the one complaining about gay people offending your stupidity. Sorry. Your eyes.

Tell me again about mentality

*seige or otherwise

*seige or otherwise

Siege.

Happier to laugh at these two than Anything

So easily threatened by people that aren’t them.

You’d wonder why

Would ask why mods allowed them run wild across the chat

• Advertisement

Happier to laugh at these two than Anything

You’d wonder why

Would ask why mods allowed them run wild across the chat

Do you mean to tell me that the mods didn’t action the post wherein someone used the well known homophobic slur “your ilk”?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

well it doesnt matter what you think to be honest. you're not gay, then you dont have a say in this issue. it's as simple as that. .

Matters to me what i think!:D
    what gives you people the notion that you can comment on the lifestyles of other people, be they foreign, lgbt, religious etc? what is the idea behind your stance on this issue? .

Why wouldn't i be allowed to comment on whatever the hell i want to comment on? Is there some new rule where we are only allowed to comment on ourselves, not allowed to have an opinion if you aren't directly involved?

Man united are ****e lately aren't they? What would you know, you don't play for them, you aren't even a footballer. Eh, ok.
    you have no reason to be saying the things you are saying, there's no argument to be had. some people are gay and some arent. .

I have no idea what argument you're talking about, but i agree that some people are gay and some aren't, i'm glad we could clear that up:confused:
    the media lately, yes, has been showing a lot more lgbt couples on television, movies, music etc. .

OK........and your point is?
    why that becomes an issue for people is beyond me. it's not some "agenda" - it's simply that most of the normal people in the world have come to the realisation that it's perfectly OK to not give a sh!t about how others live their lives. .

I certainly don't. You're the one harping on about this superior lifestyle that somehow stems from same sex relationships.
    why does it prevail then that the most thick, backwards thinking morons try and justify their disgusting homophobic attitudes? .

Is heterophobic a word? It certainly should be:D
    ps: where are you going that you seem to see a LOT of gay action going on.
    are you sure you're not heading to gay venues ? i go to gay bars quite often and even in there you'd be hard pressed to see people doing anything beyond a shift...

Seriously, what the fúck are you talking about?
    Have you mixed me up with some other poster or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Matters to me what i think!:D

Why wouldn't i be allowed to comment on whatever the hell i want to comment on? Is there some new rule where we are only allowed to comment on ourselves, not allowed to have an opinion if you aren't directly involved?

Man united are ****e lately aren't they? What would you know, you don't play for them, you aren't even a footballer. Eh, ok.

I have no idea what argument you're talking about, but i agree that some people are gay and some aren't, i'm glad we could clear that up:confused:

OK........and your point is?

I certainly don't. You're the one harping on about this superior lifestyle that somehow stems from same sex relationships.

Is heterophobic a word? It certainly should be:D

Seriously, what the fúck are you talking about?
    Have you mixed me up with some other poster or something?

Why do you think hetrophobic should be a word.
    Do you have an issue with LGBT people or do you just like debating something to show other users how intelligent you are? Or want them to think you are.
    Do you just like to argue for the sake of it?

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Do you just like to argue for the sake of it?

Jaysus, you don't get irony do you?
    CosmicFool wrote: »
    Why do you think hetrophobic should be a word.
    Do you have an issue with LGBT people or do you just like debating something to show other users how intelligent you are? Or want them to think you are.

I think heterophobic should be a word because i was told out straight that i am not allowed an opinion because i'm straight. If i had dared to say such a thing but replaced the word straight with gay, i'd probably be banned for being homophobic. I wouldn't say it, not because it's "homophobic" (i don't think it necessarily is) but just because it's a very stupid thing to say.

Why would i have an issue with LGBT people? What exactly have i said that would lead you to suspect such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Isn't this a bit hypocritical seeing as you seem to spend a lot of time in feedback trying to get mods to shut down posters and topics? None of them are doing the same to you.

Isn't this a bit hypocritical seeing as you seem to spend a lot of time in feedback trying to get mods to shut down posters and topics? None of them are doing the same to you.

Homophobes need to be called out. Really not that complicated. Laughing at them is easy too though

Homophobes need to be called out. Really not that complicated. Laughing at them is easy too though

Where do you stand on the heterophobes?

Where do you stand on the heterophobes?

I’ve never heard the term

Have heard straights called breeders but only in jest

Get real.

Well when you're attacking a group of people wholesale and then quoting a very prominent advocate for that group in an attempt to add legitimacy to your own damn argument it's hard to know what's going on in your head. Could have crawled out from under the rock recently enough to not know who Fry is, could just think that's a reasonable thing to do. Either way bbz, it's ironic enough to draw comment.

As stunning a defence as a :rolleyes:, a list of other gay people you're aware of and a non sequitur accusation of siege mentality is, like.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Well when you're attacking a group of people wholesale and then quoting a very prominent advocate for that group in an attempt to add legitimacy to your own damn argument it's hard to know what's going on in your head. Could have crawled out from under the rock recently enough to not know who Fry is, could just think that's a reasonable thing to do. Either way bbz, it's ironic enough to draw comment.

As stunning a defence as a :rolleyes:, a list of other gay people you're aware of and a non sequitur accusation of siege mentality is, like.

This poster has an absolute sh*t attitude and he has so far not learnt one important life lesson.
    The way you treat others is the way they treat you.
    Or:
    If you meet an asshole, you just met an asshole.
    If you meet only assholes, the asshole is you.

Advertisement