Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ye dealing with the compulsory homosexuality in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think the post in this thread in which a boardsie wondered aloud if he/she could get another boardsie banned for using the expression “your ilk” perfectly sums up the current approach of the hard left within the Irish gay community to living in modern Ireland.
    It appears that for some, at least, the dawning realization that your gayness is really no longer an issue for , or of any interest to,most people does nothing but cause a different kind of anxiety.
    Because, if I am no longer an object of any interest whatsoever, then who will notice me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think the post in this thread in which a boardsie wondered aloud if he/she could get another boardsie banned for using the expression “your ilk” perfectly sums up the current approach of the hard left within the Irish gay community to living in modern Ireland.
    It appears that for some, at least, the dawning realization that your gayness is really no longer an issue for , or of any interest to,most people does nothing but cause a different kind of anxiety.
    Because, if I am no longer an object of any interest whatsoever, then who will notice me?

Congrats for going full conspiracy with the gay agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

batgoat wrote: »

There is a bit of a drama queen thing going on in this thread. And not from the gay posters.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This is absolutely meaningless waffle. There’s no other way to describe it.

There is a bit of a drama queen thing going on in this thread. And not from the gay posters.

More rhubarb rhubarb. Boring boring indignation with no substance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

I would find it unfortunate if this is what you take away from this thread.
    Btw, the poster was referring to me (and the LGBTQ community I would guess) when he wrote "your ilk". Now, I checked everywhere, but i do not seem to have an ilk everywhere. What does it look like and where can one obtain one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wow you really want the thread to be all about that post.

I would find it unfortunate if this is what you take away from this thread.
    Btw, the poster was referring to me (and the LGBTQ community I would guess) when he wrote "your ilk". Now, I checked everywhere, but i do not seem to have an ilk everywhere. What does it look like and where can one obtain one?

So you find the term “your ilk”objectionable and offensive and feel the post was actionable?
    You do know “your ilk” is a term that is used, mostly sarcastically, to refer to people who identify with a particular group, could be a political group, could be a class sector....it’s not reserved for minorities?!?

Wow you really want the thread to be all about that post.

Wow! !!!!Are you very easily surprised by things that aren’t really surprising or something!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! !!!!Are you very easily surprised by things that aren’t really surprising or something!!!!!!!!!!

Am I surprised by you seizing on an irrelevant detail of a post, banging on about it for a day and pitching a fit when people don't agree it's the crux of the matter?

Cant say I am splinty, seen you make a similar show of yourself many times.

• Advertisement

So you find the term “your ilk”objectionable and offensive and feel the post was actionable?
    You do know “your ilk” is a term that is used, mostly sarcastically, to refer to people who identify with a particular group, could be a political group, could be a class sector....it’s not reserved for minorities?!?

In fairness, you are the guy referring to far left wing people in the gay community...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Pmsl reading some of the stuff here. How on earth do people manage to get through life, if they think they are being oppressed by omnipresent lgbt coverage?? How do ye deal with things like Trump, Brexit or the Premier League?

Trump! Well, that didn't take long. But I suppose. your point of view is right and anyone who differs is not. Dp you need to go scream at the sky?

This thread managed to bring out some particularly deluded views mixed with homophobia. Some posters seem to be rather intimidated by kissing, flags or hand holding.. Must be a hard life for them.

Views in which you think are deluded do not equate to homophobic ideologies. Stop being a wet wipe.

In fairness, you are the guy referring to far left wing people in the gay community...

So what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Trump! Well, that didn't take long. But I suppose. your point of view is right and anyone who differs is not. Dp you need to go scream at the sky?

What are you on about? :confused: Try reading it again

And you know what you're going to do about it?
    You're going to post aggressive sh*t about it on an internet forum, safe behind your keyboard.
    And you know what else you'll do?
    Nothing, the LGBTQ community has a right to exist and they can be as butch or camp about it as they like.
    If it offends the good sir, may I suggest the following course of action.

IMF]

Are u ok hun? What is your argument with the OP though? This is just another opportunity to be virtuous, to fulfill an unconscious need for acceptance and to get likes. This is cute. not brave.

So what?

Usual strong post.

Aanyways...

I was speaking with a Polish customer about this at the weekend, she's living here about ten years but gets home once or twice a year.

Her take on it was pretty much what I would have been thinking. That while compared to Ireland it is a more conservative, macho culture, it's a situation that's being exacerbated by the degree of emigration Poland has had for a long time but particularly since joining the EU, and that it's being fomented (from within and without in her opinion) by people for political gain. That over the last couple of years she's noticing a real change on her social media feeds from her friends back home, not necessarily specifically to do with LGBT issues but some of that and a degree of explicit, unselfconscious nativism etc that wasn't there before.

The target demographic for this kind of meddling is huge in Poland, and there's been a steady drain of young educated Poles for a long time. Kind of similar to here where constituencies like Donegal and Roscommon are the consistent no voters, but on a much bigger scale.

She also said the LGBT thing is a much less complicated issue to rally people around than the immigration one, though there are certainly lots of people to whom that appeals and there is a definite thread of that rhetoric too.

Aanyways...

I was speaking with a Polish customer about this at the weekend, she's living here about ten years but gets home once or twice a year.

Her take on it was pretty much what I would have been thinking. That while compared to Ireland it is a more conservative, macho culture, it's a situation that's being exacerbated by the degree of emigration Poland has had for a long time but particularly since joining the EU, and that it's being fomented (from within and without in her opinion) by people for political gain. That over the last couple of years she's noticing a real change on her social media feeds from her friends back home, not necessarily specifically to do with LGBT issues but some of that and a degree of explicit, unselfconscious nativism etc that wasn't there before.

The target demographic for this kind of meddling is huge in Poland, and there's been a steady drain of young educated Poles for a long time. Kind of similar to here where constituencies like Donegal and Roscommon are the consistent no voters, but on a much bigger scale.

She also said the LGBT thing is a much less complicated issue to rally people around than the immigration one, though there are certainly lots of people to whom that appeals and there is a definite thread of that rhetoric too.
    I do wonder though if it will continue that course now that the Catholic Church sex abuses in Poland are finally starting to come to light

I do wonder though if it will continue that course now that the Catholic Church sex abuses in Poland are finally starting to come to light

Oh I think you might find that'll quickly be turned into the "gay priests sex abuses", unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Aanyways...

Yep I have a fair few polish friends and they're the antithesis of current polish culture so never plan on moving back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Oh I think you might find that'll quickly be turned into the "gay priests sex abuses", unfortunately.

It is an undeniable fact that the vast majority of clerical sexual abusers were Homosexual men and the majority of victims were boys.
    If thats uncomfortable for you then so be it.

See, like that!

See, like that!

Didn't take long alright. Anyway I'm not too familiar with the polish situation, but if the Church was involved again as an organisation, covering up and moving paedo priests around.. it will make it harder for them to deflect it onto 'the gays'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

See, like that!

It is true though, isn't it?

Are you a straight man Harvey? Do you have any objection to someone saying you have the same sexuality as someone who enjoys holding down six year old girls, forcing his penis into them and raping them?

Also, the vast amount of sexual abuse is of women and girls, by men.

In the church it was different, I wonder why.

Hmm. Is there, bear with me, any possibility that the church was rigorously separated by gender? And that pedophilic priests had far more access to boys than to girls?

Like maybe, stay with me here, most girls were supervised by nuns and it'd be relatively difficult for priests to have unsupervised or overnight access?

Huh, so I wonder why it was that the global trend of the majority of victims of sexual abuse being girls was bucked in the church scandals.

Must be a gay thing. God why would people get annoyed at you bringing up the gay thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

How are ye dealing with the compulsory homosexuality in Ireland?

I don't know man. A guy in the cinema wanted to share his bucket of popcorn with me. When I put my hand in I think I felt his willy. Will the woke left scald me for not wanting to eat that man's popcorn?

If so, Sure we'll all have to deal with a little more compulsory cock for the lads and mandatory muff for the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It is an undeniable fact that the vast majority of clerical sexual abusers were Homosexual men and the majority of victims were boys.

Please provide some kind of proof to back up this claim.

• Advertisement

No they weren't and you are a bloody shameful.

Advertisement