Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ye dealing with the compulsory homosexuality in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

AllForIt wrote: »
    One has a right to flaunt whatever they like. The idea that those that do flaunt should keep you in mind and curtail their activities for your benefit, is to bestow on yourself a level of importance to which you do not deserve nor are entitled.

You think that it should be acceptable for everyone to obey their most base instincts whenever and wherever they want?
    The vast amount of people prefer the privacy of their own homes for intimacy.
    That’s because that’s where intimacy belongs.
    If you could give me an example of a situation where being intimate with a partner in public was a necessity I’d be interested to hear it.
    Most parents don’t want their children exposed to adult intimacy when out and about, for a start. It’s just a natural need to protect. Then in general folk just don’t want to watch you and your partner fondling and swapping bodily fluids mostly because it’s gross and totally unnecessary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

quokula wrote: »
    Now that they’ve proven there’s no gay gene, I wonder if the scientists should turn their attention to find the defect that turns you into a reactionary right wing nut job.

So no gay gene means that gay people are not born that way, something happens to them that turns them gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Seen two men eating the face off each other in public, turned my stomach, i was not the only one mind, plenty of women were disturbed as well at the sight.

You poor mite... Given your recent postings though, I feel like your trying to legitimise your homophobia.

Seen two men eating the face off each other in public, turned my stomach, i was not the only one mind, plenty of women were disturbed as well at the sight.

Watching any couple chewing the face on one another anywhere other then in a late night venue is just stomach churning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Poor you and your weak stomach. You may want to checked for ulcers or something

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    You poor mite... Given your recent postings though, I feel like your trying to legitimise your homophobia.

You like to sit in a cafe with kids eating chicken nuggets and chips at lunchtime with the couple at the next table getting it on?

I wish all the best for gay people, but i don't want to know a thing about their lifestyle choice.

splinter65 wrote: »
    You like to sit in a cafe with kids eating chicken nuggets and chips at lunchtime with the couple at the next table getting it on?
    So you've literally invented a scenario, meanwhile the poster clearly just has a problem with gay people and has not specified the venue in any way.
    I wish all the best for gay people, but i don't want to know a thing about their lifestyle choice.

Not a lifestyle choice, welcome to the site btw. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I wish all the best for straight people, but I don't want to know a thing about their lifestyle choice.

Do you see how stupid what you said is?

So you've literally invented a scenario, meanwhile the poster clearly just has a problem with gay people and has not specified the venue in any way.

Either public displays of intimacy are always ok or they’re not.
    Make your mind up. Other posters are saying they have a right to flaunt it if they want.

• Advertisement

So scientists say no gay gene, therefor something has to happen for them to chose to be gay, what am i missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

what am i missing here?

A clue.

gmisk wrote: »
    I wish all the best for straight people, but I don't want to know a thing about their lifestyle choice.

Do you see how stupid what you said is?

Many men get great pleasure out of Train spotting, i wish them well but dont want to know a thing about it.
    Whats wrong with that statement?

Gays can do what ever they want, as long as i dont have to participate, but that aint good enough for some folk, they demand that you are a believer to their cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And what impact does any of this have on you? :pac:
    I was merely strengthening the previous poster's point.
    Things don't have to impact one personally to be valid. Don't be egocentric.
    A significant percentage of Americans cannot find their country on a map.
    If you are going to use the words "significant" and "percentage", try to use them in combination with actual statistics. Otherwise they kinda has no meaning.

Here is one for you from National Geographic
    https://media.nationalgeographic.org/assets/file/NGS-Roper-2006-Report.pdf
    Says 94% can pinpoint US on a map, that's not significant is it? (and yes, it's weird almost 1 in 10 cannot)

Many men get great pleasure out of Train spotting, i wish them well but dont want to know a thing about it.
    Whats wrong with that statement?

Gays can do what ever they want, as long as i dont have to participate, but that aint good enough for some folk, they demand that you are a believer to their cause.
    Jesus christ....train spotting...yeah that is exactly the same.

Do you have the same attitude to straight couples you see?
    I don't think being gay is mandatory...

I don't give a toss what you think you can believe what you like but let's hope you don't have a child who is gay and has to deal with your attitude.

Would you have had the same reaction if it was a man and woman?
    I highly doubt it.

The fact you use the term lifestyle choice is just laughable.

So scientists say no gay gene, therefor something has to happen for them to chose to be gay, what am i missing here?
    Now let's see what the researchers actually say.
    It is important to remember that these genetic variants alone do not define someone’s sexual behavior. Behavioral traits, like sexual behavior and orientation, are only partially genetic in nature. They are shaped by hundreds or thousands of genetic variants, each with a very small effect, yet they are also shaped in large part by a person’s environment and life experiences. We can therefore say with confidence that there is neither a single genetic determinant of nor single gene for same-sex sexual behavior or sexual orientation. To the extent that sexuality is influenced by genetics, it is more likely that hundreds or thousands of genetic variants are involved. These variants, together with the environment and experiences, shape outcomes like same-sex sexual behavior.

https://geneticsexbehavior.info/what-we-found/

So basically, there are genetic factors(many working in conjunction) but it's not the only thing that come into play. The study most definitely does not conclude it's a lifestyle choice. That site is from the people who did the study btw, it was in an effort to combat disinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

They're just pathetic and selfish attention-seekers.

The pretence that it is normal behaviour... :rolleyes:

gmisk wrote: »
    Would you have had the same reaction if it was a man and woman?
    I highly doubt it.

The fact you use the term lifestyle choice is just laughable.

Choosing to engage in open mouthed kissing in a public place at an inappropriate time is a lifestyle choice.
    What else is it?
    It’s not compulsory.

Choosing to engage in open mouthed kissing in a public place at an inappropriate time is a lifestyle choice.
    What else is it?
    It’s not compulsory.

Why are you misrepresenting what the other poster is claiming? He has not calling kissing a lifestyle choice, he is calling being gay a lifestyle choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Is this the forum where the new boardsies come to spew their poison about gay people and the new Irish? In five years time when they become old enough to vote then this country is fucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not sure how this turned from everyone in Ireland has to become gay to immigration policy

When our Govt and Media are celebrating Gay rights on one hand and importing [cheering on the for the media] people from a religion that think homosexuality should be punishable by death the two issues are bound to intersect.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

I’m proud to be heterosexual

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is it “deluded”to not be a fan of over enthusiastic public displays of affection? You do realize that the vast majority of people manage to carry on with their lives without ever having to be intimate in public with their partner?
    And that the vast majority of the public don’t appreciate public displays of intimacy?

Jaysus you'd swear heterosexual pdas never ever happened!!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

When did you choose to be heterosexual?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

When did you choose to be heterosexual?

Heterosexual is normal though look at nature

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Heterosexual is normal though look at nature

There's homosexuality in loads of animals... So it's normal by your very own logic.

There's homosexuality in loads of animals... So it's normal by your very own logic.

Not as common as heterosexuality though. We should be tolerant alright I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Oh look another Anti-LGBT thread. Ground-breaking.

• Advertisement

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Oh look another Anti-LGBT thread. Ground-breaking.

Not Anti-LGBT just that there is bigger issues in the world. I voted yes so leave me in peace nothing more about the topic have your fun in the quiet

Advertisement