Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ye dealing with the compulsory homosexuality in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

A lot of the problem is that the public face of gay is the insufferable, screechy, attention-seeking type.

What we need are more of two other, very different from each other, types of public gay -

More Kenneth Williams and Rock Hudson types please.

Less Alan Carr types.

Would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

A lot of the problem is that the public face of gay is the insufferable, screechy, attention-seeking type.

What we need are more of two other, very different from each other, types of public gay -

Less Alan Carr types.

Would be a good start.

Funny thing is in reality there are far far more Rock Hudsons but that doesn’t transfer to places like boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes of course I’m sitting here so ashamed of my homophobia and trying to work out how I might try to be a better person in the future.
    You clearly have nothing better to do on Sunday but sit there frothing at the mouth because someone doesn’t agree with you, refreshing boards every few minutes to see if there are any further breaches to your code of conduct but the rest of us have family and friends and things to do.
    Sit there all you like. I’m not a homophobe but your still a little tin pot Hitler. What do I care?

I doubt the friends part of that statement but whatever you’re having yourself

I’m aginst dem awful gaa jerseys ye see pollutin de streets der awful garish n gaudy
    So I’m goin te sit on de internet’s n complain about how Dey offend me eyes and it’s affront to me sensibilities

An anywan who disagrees with me is a tin pot hitler. Despite de fact I’m wildly contradictin meself

Yer a special wan splints I’ll give you that

...So I’m goin te sit on de internet’s n complain...

Just like the thread starter then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I’m aginst dem awful gaa jerseys ye see pollutin de streets der awful garish n gaudy
    So I’m goin te sit on de internet’s n complain about how Dey offend me eyes and it’s affront to me sensibilities

An anywan who disagrees with me is a tin pot hitler. Despite de fact I’m wildly contradictin meself

Yer a special wan splints I’ll give you that
    Are you trying to impersonate someone?
    Who?

biko wrote: »
    Who?

I was going for a retro Ionabot we used to get a few years back with the real transparent I’m not a homophobe I’ve no problems with the gays *but*...

Sorta vibe. Did I manage it?
    Sad to see the person I was referring to hasn’t changed their game up. It’s been four years

He wasn’t complaining. He was pointing out some wackadoodle article from some far right rag in Poland.

biko wrote: »
    Who?

I think it's a pastiche of that well-known heterosexual Tom Cruise, in 'Far and Away'.

It's that bad.

He wasn’t complaining. He was pointing out some wackadoodle article from some far right rag in Poland.

Just pointing out such an article, in such a media outlet, in Polish, no less.

Sheer serendipity, and in no way connected to any easily detectable agenda.

Weren't we lucky ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

On what planet is my OP considered complaining? It was all more or less in jest up until people started taking the nutjob article in the OP seriously and trying to pretend we are all being oppressed by the Gaystapo and their homosexual agenda

Weren't we lucky ?

Yes an article about Ireland has is of no interest just because it's in a foreign language :rolleyes:

Weren't we lucky ?

The article in question is all over the Irish twitter. We’re laughing at it. Not complaining about it.
    Do keep up.

On what planet is my OP considered complaining? It was all more or less in jest up until people started taking the nutjob article in the OP seriously and trying to pretend we are all being oppressed by the Gaystapo and their homosexual agenda

All in jest.

Your opening commentary attached to the OP.
    So much going on there.. Why is it always Poland these bizarre stories come from? When did Marxist-Leninism become Marxist Lesbianism? when did Thatcherite Leo become a Marxist? Why are these right wing nutjobs always obsessed with homosexuality?

Sounds more like a xenophobic attack on Poland, than jest or humour.

Your pathetic attempt to backpedal now and claim 'jest', is plain dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Apologies to anyone i offended, hope you have a nice day. I will stop posting here.

Yes an article about Ireland has is of no interest just because it's in a foreign language :rolleyes:

I would bet that I have read more articles about Ireland, in Polish, than most people here.

I don't feel the need to run onto boards and jest/pretend to jest about any of them though.

There isn't a shred of jest or humour in your OP commentary, just anti-Polish xenophobia.
    Why is it always Poland these bizarre stories come from?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

All in jest.

Unfortunately extreme right wing views are coming out of Poland, that's a fact. Racism, xenophobia and homophobia are a part of the extreme politics that has developed. The op wasn't being xenophobic by stating that..

All in jest.

Maybe you are right, I just didn't realise how upsetting that kind of brutal OP could be to the poor sensitive little souls here.

batgoat wrote: »
    Unfortunately extreme right wing views are coming out of Poland, that's a fact. Racism, xenophobia and homophobia are a part of the extreme politics that has developed. The op wasn't being xenophobic by stating that..

I'm glad you aren't trying to maintain the pretence that it was 'in jest' either.

I'm glad you aren't trying to maintain the pretence that it was 'in jest' either.

There is a pretty hilarious aspect to the ridiculous portrayal that the publication has made of Ireland and it has been subject to plenty of comedy online. Question, do you agree with it?

• Advertisement

Maybe you are right, I just didn't realise how upsetting that kind of brutal OP could be to the poor sensitive little souls here.

It was brutally unfunny, that is all.

Your attempt to backtrack and claim it was 'in jest', is a lot more amusing.

It was brutally unfunny, that is all.

Your attempt to backtrack and claim it was 'in jest', is a lot more amusing.

In your opinion but it seems a bit like you're offended because you agree to some extent with the sentiments. Pretty apparent based on the sentiments you've expressed.

There is a pretty hilarious aspect to the ridiculous portrayal that the publication has made of Ireland and it has been subject to plenty of comedy online. Question, do you agree with it?

The headline of the article is so ridiculous as to be sad.

The tone of the OP commentary that accompanied it, same.

Less Alan Carr types.

Would be a good start.

if i find myself nodding along to this i neec to remind myself that i feel this way about pretty much everyone of every group

most people are ok, most people you meet are ok, most people you *hear about* or see on the tv times are ****ing awful

The headline of the article is so ridiculous as to be sad.

The tone of the OP commentary that accompanied it, same.

I'm looking at the op's post, I'm seeing nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with it. Seems fair to question what Marxist lesbianism is etc... Only people offended by op seem to be the people who have pretty homophobic views, strange that!

In your opinion but it seems a bit like you're offended because you agree to some extent with the sentiments. Pretty apparent based on the sentiments you've expressed.

Which sentiments in that article is it apparent to you that I agree with ?

Specifics, please.

Lefty are you unaware how completely awful it is to be gay and in Poland? You cannot he openly gay. Unless you want your head smashed in.
    That’s not bigoted. That’s fact.

I'm looking at the op's post, I'm seeing nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with it. Seems fair to question what Marxist lesbianism is etc... Only people offended by op seem to be the people who have pretty homophobic views, strange that!

It is anti-Polish xenophobia to say what the OP did, when in point of fact such sentiments are a commonplace of many other countries we could name too.

Lefty are you unaware how completely awful it is to be gay and in Poland? You cannot he openly gay. Unless you want your head smashed in.
    That’s not bigoted. That’s fact.

I am very much aware of that.

For that and many other reasons I wouldn't live there for diamonds.

• Advertisement

Which sentiments in that article is it apparent to you that I agree with ?

Specifics, please.

Here you go, you're praising Poland for not being "pussified", it's like homophobic propaganda hour and you totally seem to admire more homophobic states. Meanwhile Ireland has accepted the dreaded gay agenda by being tolerant etc.
    Possibly something to do with the fact that Poland as a nation has been persistently attacked and affronted in consequence of it's being 'God's Playground' ie stuck between the Germans and the Russians. It could be considered unfortunate.

It leads to an exquisite sense of nationhood, when you existed only a language, actually absent from the map. It crystallises the mind much more immediately than being neutral in an 'Emergency'. Perhaps if the worst flag the Poles had ever seen coming over the horizon was a rainbow flag... ah well.

Historically, homosexuals have tended not to have much to contribute to the preservation or maintenance of that will to survive, either by deed or lifestyle. Unless there are things about Josef Pilsudski, or Witold Pilecki that are not more generally known.

They go too far in the other direction, but it is a matter of fact that Poland is not yet pussified and generally obsessed with the gay agenda in the way that people here have accepted.

Advertisement