Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final...

Options
  • 31-08-2019 7:55am

...so what's everyone doing? Heading up? Pub? Alone with a TV in a dark room and the phone off?

Think I'll start the day with Mass to try and get Jesus on board, and head to the pub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You're all wasting your time and money. It's a forgone conclusion that Dublin will win. Have my flag flying much to the annoyance of the locals. It's all good fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Christmas for criminals!!!

Lock up everything tomorrow in County Kerry because your local criminal just might come to visit safe in the belief that the "only 2 squad cars in Kerry" will be parked up tomorrow afternoon due to 'lack of Garda resources:)

Can almost visualise the Radio Kerry appeal next week for witnesses to come forward for any unusual activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

...so what's everyone doing? Heading up? Pub? Alone with a TV in a dark room and the phone off?

Think I'll start the day with Mass to try and get Jesus on board, and head to the pub.

Dropped the nearest and dearest - and a few others - to the train earlier. Don't usually go myself - someone has to mind the parish while they're all away! Kerry at 3.30pm on an All Ireland Sunday was always a weird experience - you could "hear" the silence when you stuck your head out the door - but that was on the 3rd Sunday - not the first - so there weren't as many tourists around.

Will settle down about 3 o'clock with a few sandwiches and a drink, have RTE2 on the tv (muted) and Radio Kerry on for the commentary. Prob have to go for a walk around the garden at half time to cool the nerves....
    Last train on Sunday - or maybe even Monday - then to collect the celebrating fans :) Hopefully!
    Ciarraí abú.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Will stay at home and watch it...can't do the pub anymore as I now have a child since the last All-Ireland we were in! lol

Wish I was at it, can't remember the last all-Ireland match I was actually at.

Feeling a bit nervous about it, but quietly calm! Always find the 2nd half the nerve wracking part....that's when my blood pressure starts to rise!

Ciarrai Abu!!

lottpaul wrote: »
    ...have RTE2 on the tv (muted) and Radio Kerry on for the commentary...

If no pub, will do the same, radio commentary so much better.

A little nervous now. I keep thinking there's no way we can do it, and then I think...we're Kerry...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

And we do it all again on Saturday, 14th September at 6pm! Would really love to go to it. That was some game today. Pity we missed that penalty!

As a Dub, Kerry should have won it. You've had your chance and lost it.

I don't think I can deal with another 70 minutes of drama. I was with a crowd of Kerry supporters for the afternoon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Can't believe that the replay starts at 6pm! I can understand that there are different traffic flows in the city on a Saturday, but 6pm??
    Am collecting people from the 22.40 into Tralee later on, so what time would a train be leaving at after the replay?? 21.00 or later?
    Will be a long and late drive home so - train/bus not really an option - no matter what services they put on.

(Really thought we had it won though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can't believe that the replay starts at 6pm! I can understand that there are different traffic flows in the city on a Saturday, but 6pm??
    Am collecting people from the 22.40 into Tralee later on, so what time would a train be leaving at after the replay?? 21.00 or later?
    Will be a long and late drive home so - train/bus not really an option - no matter what services they put on.

You should send that post directly to the Kerry team and tell them that’s what people have to do because Kerry fücked up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I checked Irish Rail's site and it seems (as yet), they haven't added any extra trains for the Saturday night on 14th with the latest being the regular 7pm from Heuston to Tralee which would be no good for fans. They may announce something this week. I note all the Sunday basic fares for 15th all sold out so a lot of people already having made plans to stay in Dublin on the Saturday night and will return home Sunday.

• Advertisement

Its an odd time for the final to be on, it will be a late drive home for many if they are going back down Saturday night.

I would love to go, don't think it will happen but would definitely consider it if I got a ticket!!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Its an odd time for the final to be on, it will be a late drive home for many if they are going back down Saturday night.

I would love to go, don't think it will happen but would definitely consider it if I got a ticket!!

Save yourself the drive...wasted journey etc :)

Save yourself the drive...wasted journey etc :)

It’s never a wasted journey to see Kerry play, win or loose!

Kerry didn't blow it, in fact I'm not sure they played that well, lots of wides, players like O'Brien and Clifford not at their best. They had a chance to win, but it's not like Dublin weren't trying their best to stop that happening. Kerry had that burst in the second half, but think they have another level...just hope they'll reach it in the replay.

Let's be honest, if Kerry win, with hindsight everyone will say Dean Rock blew it, that's when Dublin had their chance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I remember after the 2000 final I was talking to a Galway lad after the game and he was totally dejected and he said to me Kerry don't lose replays and you know what he is right if my memory serves me right I think the last replay we lost was against cork in 1987 and we have won plenty since so i am very very confident of a win for kerry this Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

kerryjack wrote: »
    I remember after the 2000 final I was talking to a Galway lad after the game and he was totally dejected and he said to me Kerry don't lose replays and you know what he is right if my memory serves me right I think the last replay we lost was against cork in 1987 and we have won plenty since so i am very very confident of a win for kerry this Saturday evening.

We lost the 2017 semi final replay to Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

We did that one completely slipped my mind and maybe we lost a replay to cork in the early 00 as well in Munster I am thinking.

kerryjack wrote: »
    We did that one completely slipped my mind and maybe we lost a replay to cork in the early 00 as well in Munster I am thinking.

Yeah the 2002 replay after the O’Se’s father died. Not sure if there were any others.

I'm "really" sorry for your loss •́ ‿ ,•̀.....really sorry

Told my son not to gloat when he goes back to school on Monday :D

I'm "really" sorry for your loss •́ ‿ ,•̀.....really sorry

Told my son not to gloat when he goes back to school on Monday :D

Classy very classy

• Advertisement
Advertisement