Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council cutting grass and hedges

Options
  • 31-08-2019 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Without removing all the rubbish making it twenty times worse. Why ? Why can’t they clear the area of rubbish before they cut it ? The only thing I see these guys do anymore is empty bins. They never ever pick up litter. I would be happy to pay a small amount to have street sanitation privatized and taken away from this useless crowd of w*sters...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Contact the Council and your local councillors. That might achieve something.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep. Make sure you contact/email all of them, basically with what you've put in your post. Council department too, probably environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Contact the Council and your local councillors. That might achieve something.

No sorry it doesn’t. I’ve reported litter all over the city and it’s never actioned. They have a reporting system online that’s been broke for months now. I’ve also flagged that the reporting system is broke and still zilch.

I’ve joined a good few litter pickups also but it’s not fair that community groups are left to deal with it.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    No sorry it doesn’t. I’ve reported litter all over the city and it’s never actioned. They have a reporting system online that’s been broke for months now. I’ve also flagged that the reporting system is broke and still zilch.
    Have you emailed the councillors? Councils do not like them getting on their back. TDs in the local area can also help annoy them. Definitely contact your local freebie with evidence too!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I’ve joined a good few litter pickups also but it’s not fair that community groups are left to deal with it.

Contacting the councillors doesnt achieve anything?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Fair play to you for actively engaging and actually doing something about it. I do similarly in my area.
    In many cases, shooting off an e-mail to a Councillor or TD for situations like this will not magically fix the problem. Sometimes it involves a little more work ......... like physical work. Community involvement will in turn stimulate our elected officials to respond appropriately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Contacting the councillors doesnt achieve anything?

Yeah you get a letter from them acknowledging your correspondence and they’ll take it up at the next regional meeting. The rubbish still remains and years later no change. This is the Irish attitude. If we leave them hanging long enough they’ll lose interest.

Yeah you get a letter from them acknowledging your correspondence and they’ll take it up at the next regional meeting. The rubbish still remains and years later no change. This is the Irish attitude. If we leave them hanging long enough they’ll lose interest.
    You have to be persistent and really annoying. Have you contacted your local cub reporter?

Advertisement