Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card blocked

Options
  • 31-08-2019 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hello,

You have blocked my card 3 days in a row now for the same website.

I have called each day to get it unblocked and your customer service agents are unsure why this keeps happening.

The Case ID for this is 22517.

The case was correctly resolved on Monday the 26th of August 2019 but you keep blocking my card from using the same website... this is getting really frustrating.

Can you permanently unblock the website in case 22517?

I do not want to call your customer service on a daily basis as the hold time causes me to waste to much time.

Please let me know if you need anything from me to get this resolved through here...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

We are very sorry to hear that you’ve had this experience. Generally when our card security team place an alert on your card they will send you a text and email asking you to confirm “yes” or “no” if a payment was genuine. If you respond yes to this then any block on the card will be lifted. This saves you the time of calling to remove an alert.

If you haven’t received any text/email like this then you may need to update your contact details via your 365 Online.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Hi Kathryne,

I got the text on Monday and responded "yes" but sadly the card security team / bank of ireland system keeps flagging the same thing now several days in a row, including that same day after responding "yes". I got a response back thanking me for confirming the transaction.

Can you please get the block lifted on my card? that avoids me to call again today.

Can you also just whitelist the website / company that is related to the transaction in case 22517 so it doesn't keep blocking my card?

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Yurple,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

It would be necessary to get in touch with the security team directly. To save yourself from calling you can always email them at fpucardsecurity@boi.com and they will assist you. Apologies we can’t unlock cards here on Boards.ie.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Thank you Kathryne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

What website is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement