Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a builder and even know what the budget is?

Options
  • 31-08-2019 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Very new this, complete noob to be honest.

I've looked online to try and find a couple of builders or even a ROM for cost.
    From what I can see there are a number of online portals, but which one is best?

I have some cash ready to spend, but I've no idea what the cost is likely to be.

Rough plan - 3 bed in D18, c. 95sqm semi.
    Has a relatively big living room and I think standard enough sized kitchen diner. The kitchen layout is a u shape, but it gets no light (NE garden). It doesn't really work as a space.
    Had an architect out and the suggestion was to move the internal dividing wall to take space from the living room and make a large galley kitchen with pocket doors to the living room.

Where do i start with this process?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Call into your neighbours and look for local recommendations. Get 3 quotes. Forget the online portals.

Advertisement