Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Trying to resist the early transfers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martial injury and now Laporte, not having the luckiest of spells. Will be doing Laporte to TAA now so AWB and Rashford will get a reprieve. Won't be wasting a -4 on either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

WC time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Will Kun be playing for Argentina over the break? Would be worried he might be rested in the next game but it's hard to survive without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Will Kun be playing for Argentina over the break? Would be worried he might be rested in the next game but it's hard to survive without him.

Has he not retired from international team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Around 4m overall rank. Never been this low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    I want to hold WC now i think.........King has to go (unless Siggy is dropped tomorrow then I have a bigger problem)
    0.5 ITB
    So my 2 options seem to be Barnes or Wesley
    Not excited by either prospect!!!

Also have Cathcart and Greenwood
    Might WC yet if siggy is dropped and just make minimal changes like I did last year
    Have to look at fixture swings etc though first

Barnes look a good to me. Great fixtures and is taking lots of shots, has good xG etc. Was being championed by fpl accounts before season started too for his stats last year.

Have Abraham and Pukki and too many other fires to put out so won’t be getting him.

Will do Laporte to TAA I think. Considering a -4 to upgrade Mane to Salah; can’t cope watching Liverpool matches with Salah’s greed/involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Barnes look a good to me. Great fixtures and is taking lots of shots, has good xG etc. Was being championed by fpl accounts before season started too for his stats last year.

Have Abraham and Pukki and too many other fires to put out so won’t be getting him.

Will do Laporte to TAA I think. Considering a -4 to upgrade Mane to Salah; can’t cope watching Liverpool matches with Salah’s greed/involvement.

Big words saying it’s an upgrade :)

Mane has 7 more goals in 2019 than Salah, Salah been on pens too.

Do we think Salah/Mane outscore Aguero/Sterling? Is that where the double up is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Big words saying it’s an upgrade :)

Mane has 7 more goals in 2019 than Salah, Salah been on pens too.

Do we think Salah/Mane outscore Aguero/Sterling? Is that where the double up is

I could be wrong here - but Salah is like Aguero has the form and history of scoring 2/3 goals back to back - and can go on runs that would destroy your season if you don’t have him. Mane may get more goals but is he getting 2/3 a game week after week? We see how selfish Salah can be which will hamper Mane.

As you pointed out Salah is on penalties - another good reason to have him.

I don’t think it’s a double up now - I think you have to have 3 of them - and of the 4 you mentioned Mane appears to be the least explosive -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Jesus is going to get a fair amount of game time for city. Might be at the expense of Sterling now that Mendy is back with Pep going back to playing two up top and no left winger.

Headscratchers to come. Benefit of Mane/Salah is that they'll always play

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here - but Salah is like Aguero has the form and history of scoring 2/3 goals back to back - and can go on runs that would destroy your season if you don’t have him. Mane may get more goals but is he getting 2/3 a game week after week? We see how selfish Salah can be which will hamper Mane.

As you pointed out Salah is on penalties - another good reason to have him.

I don’t think it’s a double up now - I think you have to have 3 of them - and of the 4 you mentioned Mane appears to be the least explosive -

Yes I have Salah myself but I’m starting to disagree on the Mane explosiveness. He started to hit big numbers this calendar, started off last season slow. He hit 2 in the Super Cup & possibly should of had 2 yesterday.

He had 2 in the last game of last season when they won 2-0.

Anyway besides that, I’ve looked at the numbers from last season and Salah (259) & Mane (231) outscore Sterling (234) & Aguero (201) by 55 points last season.

Salah / Mane will always play but there will be games where Sterling / Aguero will be rested.

3 of the 4 is needed and for now a double up on City is on but I can easily see this switching to Salah / Mane like towards end of last season... I think it’s only a matter of time before Mane & Salah are scoring in the same games as I don’t think that has happened this season

Yes I have Salah myself but I’m starting to disagree on the Mane explosiveness. He started to hit big numbers this calendar, started off last season slow. He hit 2 in the Super Cup & possibly should of had 2 yesterday.

He had 2 in the last game of last season when they won 2-0.

Anyway besides that, I’ve looked at the numbers from last season and Salah (259) & Mane (231) outscore Sterling (234) & Aguero (201) by 55 points last season.

Salah / Mane will always play but there will be games where Sterling / Aguero will be rested.

Last season Salah/Mane played the equivalent of 12.25 games more than Sterling/Aguero - and yet only got 55 more points? Not great returns. Factor in the KdB was missing for such a large part of last season, and he is an assist machine, shows just how good Sterling/Aguero did - and now that KdB is fit, we are seeing the results - 5 assists already this season - more than he got last season.

Salah and Mane always playing not always a good thing though - higher risk of injury or being burnt out.

Anyone with Mane will always be afraid of what Salah can do given his ownership, where as most people with Salah won't be too afraid of Mane.

Sterling 47%
    Salah 43%
    KdB 31%
    Mane 19%
    Aguero 22%

Last season Salah/Mane played the equivalent of 12.25 games more than Sterling/Aguero - and yet only got 55 more points? Not great returns. Factor in the KdB was missing for such a large part of last season, and he is an assist machine, shows just how good Sterling/Aguero did - and now that KdB is fit, we are seeing the results - 5 assists already this season - more than he got last season.

Salah and Mane always playing not always a good thing though - higher risk of injury or being burnt out.

Anyone with Mane will always be afraid of what Salah can do given his ownership, where as most people with Salah won't be too afraid of Mane.

Sterling 47%
    Salah 43%
    KdB 31%
    Mane 19%
    Aguero 22%

While 5.5 points not be great, without looking into too much detail, assuming Sterling & Aguero played every minute minus the 12.25 games then there avg per game is only 1 better.

Have he done that off minutes played or appearances as Aguero played a lot of 60 minute matches, so 3 of those equates to 2 matches of Mane/Salah time.

While I agree on KdB getting a lot more assists, like we seen yesterday he will more than likely be taking from the other too.

The % you highlight are edging towards my point, Salah / Mane partnership would be a decent differential to go against the grain. It’s risky but overly risky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Thinking of doing Callum Wilson and Vardy to Ayew and Aguero for a -4 hit. Good option? It's been a few years since I played, what's the free hit??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Thinking of doing Callum Wilson and Vardy to Ayew and Aguero for a -4 hit. Good option? It's been a few years since I played, what's the free hit??

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of AWB. Have 1.3 itb. Won't make any snap decisions even if he does drop. Have nearly 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Wildcard or not, defence is a mess .4m in the bank.
    Ryan, Button nice fixtures
    VVD, Lundstram doing ok
    Coleman not justifying his price
    Hanley injured
    Rico never going to play
    Salah, KDB, Sterling all good
    Ceballos/Dedoncker rotation issues
    Aguero doing ok
    King not justifying his price
    Greenwood not making the grade.
    Could field
    Ryan
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram
    Salah, KDB, Sterling, Ceballos, Dedoncker
    King, Kun
    Yours sincerely
    Confused.

patmac wrote: »
    Wildcard or not, defence is a mess .4m in the bank.
    Ryan, Button nice fixtures
    VVD, Lundstram doing ok
    Coleman not justifying his price
    Hanley injured
    Rico never going to play
    Salah, KDB, Sterling all good
    Ceballos/Dedoncker rotation issues
    Aguero doing ok
    King not justifying his price
    Greenwood not making the grade.
    Could field
    Ryan
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram
    King, Kun
    Yours sincerely
    Confused.

formatting is a mess as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Just watched West Ham Norwich. Man City could conceivably score 7 or 8 against Norwich. There’s a hole through their defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

formatting is a mess as well....

Apologies a few All Ireland drinks on me , would you wildcard this team:
    Ryan, Button,
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram, Hanley, Rico
    King, Kun, Greenwood.

• Advertisement

Ryan, Button,
    King, Kun, Greenwood.

No, wildcards should be saved for bigger problems than the above. Keep the big guns and gradually work on the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I need to dump Jota but have 0 in the bank. Hard to see a viable straight swap for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GiftofGab wrote: »

Always liked him. Put him in from the start and he's scored 5 points in every game and still being sold by the truckload. Probably all kinds of gymnastics trying to fit Sterling or Aguero in after the starts they had.

Islander13 wrote: »
    No, wildcards should be saved for bigger problems than the above. Keep the big guns and gradually work on the rest

Tend to disagree with this.

This wildcard is only available til end of Year. Another 15 games. He has all the big hitters like many others, so the main differential is the 'others'.

Pretty sure he is happy to keep the big hitters for this year anyway so why gradually work on the others when they are holding him back? Why not do a revamp on them now?

He has a couple of problems there.

Poor GK, A bleak defence, 2 strikers not producing and the other midfielders not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I'm happy with Ceballos,he came on against Spurs and changed the game. Was easily the best player on the pitch when he came on.
    I reckon he'll start against weaker sides and will produce points.
    I'm keeping for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Might do Sterling out for KDB. He's matching Sterling for a lot less. No rush though.

Ryan, Button,
    King, Kun, Greenwood.
    Tend to disagree with this.

This wildcard is only available til end of Year. Another 15 games. He has all the big hitters like many others, so the main differential is the 'others'.

Pretty sure he is happy to keep the big hitters for this year anyway so why gradually work on the others when they are holding him back? Why not do a revamp on them now?

He has a couple of problems there.

Poor GK, A bleak defence, 2 strikers not producing and the other midfielders not working.

His team is actually in decent enough shape, without having to make major changes.

Clean sheets are at a premium this season, so having Ryan isn't that big of an issue imo, could get Pope in for run of fixtures, but they haven't kept a CS yet, whereas Brighton have.

Defence - VVD and Lundstram both play so no issue there. Coleman has 2 CS from 4 games, in a season where CS are at a premium, he's doing ok, so don't think there is any rush to get rid of him. Hanley may be injured but more than likely will get his place back so should keep him. Rico - well he was never in anyone's long term plans of playing anyway? So only really need to transfer one defender.

Midfield - Salah, KdB, Sterling - all good. Ceballos has played well, and good easily have got a goal yesterday, at 5.5m I wouldn't be rushing to get rid of him. Possible could upgrade to the likes of James, if worried about game time of Ceballos, but it's not urgent. Dedoncker @ 4.5m - well your probably not going to be playing him, or be expecting much from him. so no pressing issue, except maybe upgrading Ceballos.

Forwards - Aguero all good. Greenwood - he's a bench fodder who will always get mins for united, he more than likely won't be startling in the league in the coming months, unless gets goals in other cup games. Again @ 4.5m what do you expect? King - Bournemouth have great fixtures coming up, and King is on penalties.

So all in all, you probably need one defender, and maybe upgrade a player in midfield/or downgrade to a playing 4.5m player and upgrade King to Barnes/Pukki/Abraham/Haller/Wilson/Jimenez/Kean

I think playing a WC would be a waste, you already have the likes of Aguero/Sterling/Salah/KdB/VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ryan, Button,
    King, Kun, Greenwood.

I pretty much WC'd to that team! If you're keen on the 3 City attackers plus Salah then you won't be making massive changes elsewhere imo.

King to Barnes might be a decent one transfer option.

Ceballos to Cantwell would allow King to Haller or someone similar.
    I would be moving Coleman on but it can wait.

Remember when Otamendi was a must have and bonus points machine in City's Centurion season.

Could be that time again, and a perfect option at 5.4 for those ditching Wan B

• Advertisement

Remember when Otamendi was a must have and bonus points machine in City's Centurion season.

Could be that time again, and a perfect option at 5.4 for those ditching Wan B

pity he'll have stones beside him though

Advertisement