Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a garage/mechanic in Limerick

• 31-08-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get the timing belt done on my 8 year old Ford S-max. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/ garage to go to in Limerick.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Yes. Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing
    Eastlink Business Park
    061 317 788.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Seamus McGrath, Sexton street, absolute gent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Seamus McGrath, Sexton street, absolute gent.
    +1 for Seamus, a sound man, who will give you a thorough run down on what needs to be done/was done on your car. Unlike one of the previous posters, I would not recommend Aidan Frahill...found him to be very expensive and not as thorough as Seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

+1 for Seamus here too. Used to go to Aidan's and wasnt entirely happy with the work so went elsewhere. Never heard a bad word about Seamus or his garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mc Love wrote: »
    +1 for Seamus here too. Used to go to Aidan's and wasnt entirely happy with the work so went elsewhere. Never heard a bad word about Seamus or his garage
    I go to Frahill's although I have been to McGraths on a couple of occasions in the past. Unlike a previous poster I found him very expensive in comparison although professional and thorough as has been mentioned. The same could be said of Aidan based on my own experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chicorytip wrote: »
    I go to Frahill's although I have been to McGraths on a couple of occasions in the past. Unlike a previous poster I found him very expensive in comparison although professional and thorough as has been mentioned. The same could be said of Aidan based on my own experience.

You've already recommended him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Another recommendation here for Seamus McGrath, absolute gent and always top class quality and service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Thanks for all the recommendations. I went with Seamus McGarath. Very nice man, cost almost half what the main dealer had quoted me and seems to have done a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Jane98 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the recommendations. I went with Seamus McGarath. Very nice man, cost almost half what the main dealer had quoted me and seems to have done a good job.

He'll have done it right, don't worry, I know him for 30 years approx, he doesn't do half jobs, he'll do it right or not at all, on a personal level he's a really decent guy, of course he wants to make money, he has a family, employees etc but he won't pull the wool or take the pee on price

*I'm not Seamus by the way* 😀

Advertisement