Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period

Options
  • 31-08-2019 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Does anyone know are you still entitled to a 14 day cooling off period if you upgrade a service online.

The service in question here is webhosting. We upgraded our webhosting and now we see it was the wrong option for us. We initially emailed to query the upgrade and a salesman rang back so the order was put in over the phone using the credit card that was on file. So I think the 14 day cooling off period for online sales would apply but with it been an upgrade I'm not so sure

The confirmation email just says usual terms and conditions apply. Their website says refunds are at their discretion so I want to make sure I know what's what before I ring

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think Sky got into hot water for suggesting that upgrades weren't covered but that's a highly regulated area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

If it's for a b2b service, would consumer protection laws apply at all? (I'm assuming webhosting is b2b, if it's just a personal website, then ignore)

Advertisement