Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Car Insurance - no cert or disk

Options
  • 31-08-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

I require urgent attention to this matter, as it happened last year as well. I renewed my car insurance at the start of August with you (through RSA). I never received the insurance cert or the insurance disk. I have rang twice looking for them. The first time I was told it would be sent out "again", but I never received the original or the duplicate. The last time I rang, Friday before last, I was asked for my Eircode, as this would be added to the address to ensure that the correspondence went to the right place, but I STILL have received nothing. My insurance is up in two weeks. I need to ensure that I get these items before then. This is going on a month now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Ally Dick,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us here.

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received your insurance Disk or Cert.

We would like to send you a PM to arrange a call back in relation to this.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Ally Dick,

Glad to here that this has been resolved.

Thanks for making contact.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm afraid that this issue still hasn't been resolved. It is turning into a very painful process. My current car insurance expires in 5 days, and I seriously need the insurance disk.

Here is the story of what has happened so far:
    - I renewed my car insurance in late July
    - I received notification of payment in early August
    - I received a second letter in early August. The letter stated that the insurance disk and cert were contained in the letter. They were not
    - I rang BOI Car Insurance to ask about this, and was told that a "duplicate" disk and cert would issue to me in the post. Nothing arrived
    - I raised the matter here. I received a phone call from RSA and they said that they would issue the disk and cert again, and put an Eircode on the end
      in case the issue was with our postman. It is not! He has been doing the post here for years and always delivers to the house. This letter never turned up
    - I phoned again. I explained where I worked, and I requested that the disk and insurance be posted to my work address. This never turned up
    - I phoned three days ago, and I was told that the best option now was to get the letter sent to my work address by courier. 
       This has NOT happened. I am still waiting.

I feel that I have been more than patient in this regard, but enough is enough. I paid for the insurance in late July. It is mid September now, and I still do not have the disk and insurance cert. If I drive the car after the 18th September without the up to date disk displayed, I will be breaking the law, and the car could be seized.

I urgently need someone to sort this out. I will call to the offices of RSA and take delivery of the disk and cert by hand, at this stage, if I have to. 
    This is extremely disappointing. Please can someone escalate this matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'm afraid that this issue still hasn't been resolved. It is turning into a very painful process. My current car insurance expires in 5 days, and I seriously need the insurance disk.

Here is the story of what has happened so far:
    - I renewed my car insurance in late July
    - I received notification of payment in early August
    - I received a second letter in early August. The letter stated that the insurance disk and cert were contained in the letter. They were not
    - I rang BOI Car Insurance to ask about this, and was told that a "duplicate" disk and cert would issue to me in the post. Nothing arrived
    - I raised the matter here. I received a phone call from RSA and they said that they would issue the disk and cert again, and put an Eircode on the end
      in case the issue was with our postman. It is not! He has been doing the post here for years and always delivers to the house. This letter never turned up
    - I phoned again. I explained where I worked, and I requested that the disk and insurance be posted to my work address. This never turned up
    - I phoned three days ago, and I was told that the best option now was to get the letter sent to my work address by courier. 
       This has NOT happened. I am still waiting.

I feel that I have been more than patient in this regard, but enough is enough. I paid for the insurance in late July. It is mid September now, and I still do not have the disk and insurance cert. If I drive the car after the 18th September without the up to date disk displayed, I will be breaking the law, and the car could be seized.

I urgently need someone to sort this out. I will call to the offices of RSA and take delivery of the disk and cert by hand, at this stage, if I have to. 
    This is extremely disappointing. Please can someone escalate this matter

Hi there,
    Very sorry that this has not been rectified for you yet.
    Can I ask you to send us a DM and we will follow up with the insurance section to have a further look into this for you.
    Thanks again
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hi. This matter is now sorted. Two of the letters that were reposted from RSA arrived in my place of work today. A week after they were sent. I am happy to close out this matter. All I will say is that it was unnecessarily stressful. There must be a breakdown in the process somewhere that RSA need to get a grip of. It's not just post gone astray. The first envelope that I received on 3rd August 2019 contained TWO letters stating that the insurance disk and certificate were enclosed, and there was NOTHING else in the envelope. It has taken 6 phone calls to fix this. I am grateful to the reps here for liaising with RSA to try and rectify this. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Hi. This matter is now sorted. Two of the letters that were reposted from RSA arrived in my place of work today. A week after they were sent. I am happy to close out this matter. All I will say is that it was unnecessarily stressful. There must be a breakdown in the process somewhere that RSA need to get a grip of. It's not just post gone astray. The first envelope that I received on 3rd August 2019 contained TWO letters stating that the insurance disk and certificate were enclosed, and there was NOTHING else in the envelope. It has taken 6 phone calls to fix this. I am grateful to the reps here for liaising with RSA to try and rectify this. 
    Hi Ally Dick, 

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us and for keeping us updated. 

We are happy to hear that this has been resolved for you and that you have received the insurance disk. 

I completely understand your frustration on the length of time it took to be resolved, if you would like to make a formal complaint you certainly can. This can be done by phoning our complaints team directly on 1850 753 357, or by sending a written complaint to:
    Bank of Ireland, Group Customer Complaints Floor 1,
    Newlands Cross Business Centre 
    Clondalkin
    Co. Dublin
    D22 W324

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

Advertisement