Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Didn’t end up getting my car washed, I got busy. No trick or treaters here yet, but plenty of sweets so I won’t complain if we don’t get any trick or treaters :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just was visited by a Buzz Lightyear, Batman, and a Zombie bride,heh.Love this time of year.

We're too far out for trick or treaters but four grandkids will be calling in their costumes so goodies are ready , ghost flying from the tree here lol , and I'm Lady Batman :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is an abandoned castle a few minutes walk from where I am staying. A dark unpaved walk.
    Myself and the 9 year old took a walk down there.
    Creepy as fck with only our flashlights for illumination and every shadow a potential ghoul who could maul us.

Need a drink after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There is an abandoned castle a few minutes walk from where I am staying. A dark unpaved walk.
    Myself and the 9 year old took a walk down there.
    Creepy as fck with only our flashlights for illumination and every shadow a potential ghoul who could maul us.

Need a drink after it.
    Where's that Trig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Didn’t end up getting my car washed, I got busy. No trick or treaters here yet, but plenty of sweets so I won’t complain if we don’t get any trick or treaters :p

What model of car do you drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Where's that Trig?

Necarne castle in fermanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Evening all, Happy Halloween

There has been about a dozen mega loud fireworks here...loud as in I could probably fire my shotgun in the back yard and no one would notice :D

No trick or treats yet if I hadn't sweets they'd be knocking down the door, they better come soon or my favourite woman will have more to cuddle :D

....like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Necarne castle in fermanagh.

Hope you dont have Arlene's boys doing trick or treating :eek:

Listening to Richard Griffiths reminiscing ( from 2003 ) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b01nlbcp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Evening all, Happy Halloween

There has been about a dozen mega loud fireworks here...loud as in I could probably fire my shotgun in the back yard and no one would notice :D

No trick or treats yet if I hadn't sweets they'd be knocking down the door, they better come soon or my favourite woman will have more to cuddle :D

....like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes...

:eek:

Has anyone seen Auto recently?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Yes, I have and right well she was looking too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

*checks camera's *

;)

Evening all...I've had about 6 groups calling, they're absolutely soaked as it's raining since about 5pm..they're getting loads of treats for their perseverance and also the fact that this witch is drinking "blood grapes" lol..we also got a takeaway for the night that's in it,all the girlfriends are here also,lovely cosy family night...so far lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think it's Crowded House you should be worried about ;):D if I get my hands on that gun :eek:

Now heading out for food :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I think it's Crowded House you should be worried about ;):D if I get my hands on that gun :eek:

Now heading out for food :)
    Bing Crosby And The Andrew Sisters, "Pistol Packin' Mama"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgqQcKE3DY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What an awful night out for the kids on Halloween. Still some calling to my door and a hearty gift they are getting for braving it. Little G did her stint. Up in her room with her friend who is sleeping over. In their jammies with bags load of goodies to keep them going. I'll be out the door in the morning before the even wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside waiting on a Chinese Take Away to be delivered.
    The going to watch a Horror Movie or two. No trick or treaters here, so may have a load of sweets:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, going to try & catch up on Dublin Murders

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Evening all...I've had about 6 groups calling, they're absolutely soaked as it's raining since about 5pm..they're getting loads of treats for their perseverance and also the fact that this witch is drinking "blood grapes" lol..we also got a takeaway for the night that's in it,all the girlfriends are here also,lovely cosy family night...so far lol.

All you're short of now is your own favourite man to be there 😉😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside waiting on a Chinese Take Away to be delivered.
    The going to watch a Horror Movie or two. No trick or treaters here, so may have a load of sweets:D

May I suggest Bridge of Frankenstein? :D

On the laptop listening to Deadmau5, fitting name for the night that's in it.

All you're short of now is your own favourite man to be there 😉ðŸ˜

Very true Sephers...sure he might whip around later.😛

• Advertisement

Very true Sephers...sure he might whip around later.��

Ill be thee at 9pm :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

No set plans tonigjt, or not that hes telling me! Were going to go for a mystery spin. Night night, don't let the spooks bite.

My fortune cookie tonight, said good news from abroad will come to me. It already has, so that's a good fortune cookie if a little late.

Takeaway has arrived. Street is dead except for a few soaked and sad teenagers letting off bangers/fireworks etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couch side chilling, TV on with a Harry Potter film. Very tired. Got the flu jab today. Sounds like Beirut all around my place!!

Happy Halloween! :)

Listening to my fave live concert. Saw a version of it in April 2004 (before the live recording) in the old Point Depot. A magical night! If only I could settle the pair of livewires upstairs, it would be perfect. :eek:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Listening to my fave live concert. Saw a version of it in April 2004 (before the live recording) in the old Point Depot. A magical night! If only I could settle the pair of livewires upstairs, it would be perfect. :eek:
    There is always duct tape, and of course I am joking, Or am I?heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

There's a very drunk witchie in a hotel room in Edinburgh wondering whether she should go out and get up to mischief or go to sleep....

Answers on a postcard so I can claim I didn't get them

There is always duct tape, and of course I am joking, Or am I?heh

No. Duct tape sounds good to me R. Why oh why did I agree to this??

Witchie wrote: »
    There's a very drunk witchie in a hotel room in Edinburgh wondering whether she should go out and get up to mischief or go to sleep....

Go out!

• Advertisement

Go out!

I needs to work some tomorrow.

I needs to work some tomorrow.

Meh, you'll be grand by the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Tour around The Grassmarket and have a few drinks, enjoy the accent and see what happens..

Scottish accent and men do nothing for me. Give me an Indian or Egyptian any day.

Sweet dreams all 😴 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed , cosy and warm except my feet are still cold , pity about me eh :p
    Netflix , Top Ten Secrets And Mysteries .
    It's ok , when it gets boring is when I usually doze off but am watching the last episode now , may download something else .

• Advertisement

Goodnight Mi Amigos, may your night be good to you and tomorrow even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Bedside and sleepy. Nobody dared to call here tonight, they never do, we are far off the beaten track but still some divils thought it was great fun to let off bangers!! That noise travels all around here. It's just past midnight I have left the doors on the latch for those past to come in, the fire is still warm for them. Oiche Shamhna Daoibh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pretzill wrote: »
    Bedside and sleepy. Nobody dared to call here tonight, they never do, we are far off the beaten track but still some divils thought it was great fun to let off bangers!! That noise travels all around here. It's just past midnight I have left the doors on the latch for those past to come in, the fire is still warm for them. Oiche Shamhna Daoibh

What if its the burglar who comes in? :D

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Kitchen side. My internal clock is all messed up. Anyone fancy some beans and cheese on toast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

What if its the burglar who comes in? :D

I'm not stupid...I have a shotgun :)

Mwaaah...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Off to bed with my one true love.. Mr. hot water bottle. He keeps me warm and doesn't complain if I snore.
    Night.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, night all and hope everyone had a not too scary halloween:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Heading to bed.

I should have been there much earlier but I'd a nightmare night with one of my dogs who is terrified of the fireworks. Although she had 10mg of Valium that only serves to stop the shakes and blind panic but she suffers really bad anxiety during fireworks displays including trying to hide in the washing machine, shower cubicle, under the stairs, backs of chairs etc ~ anywhere dark.

So I'm hitting the sack with a well deserved glass of whiskey to wind down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just finished watching John Carpenter’s The Fog. Over the 40 years since it was first released it has lost none of its scare factor and indeed has become a horror cult classic. Off to bed in a few mins.

The 1970s and 1980s really were the absolute golden age of movie horror - look at the list of some of the classics made in this period - The Exorcist, The Wicker Man, Black Christmas, The Omen, Carrie, Halloween, Day of The Living Dead, The Fog, Salem’s Lot, The Amityville Horror, When A Stranger Calls, Alien, The Shining, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Hellraiser, Aliens, Prince Of Darkness to name but a few.

When I first saw the Fog on TV at about the age of 9 (crept out of bed and quietly downstairs to the den where my older sisters were allowed stay up later than me, hiding behind the sofa) it scare the absolute bejasus out of me and gave me nightmares for weeks. :eek:

Enjoy the trailer - a great horror classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

swinging round in my office chair and thinking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Anyone know how Kitty is doing? I remember her saying her schedule wit university and work was full on.

Walking round a shop looking at stones for the driveway.
    Snooooore!
    It's 8.30am for god's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Friday!!!

.....The poor November man sees fire and mist and wind and rain and winter air...

Morning all,

It's a grey damp one but mild compared to recently 12C

Kitchenside with coffee...TGIF :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee time after a late night. Hope everyone has the Friday feeling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement