Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Eleysian wrote: »
    Anyone know how Kitty is doing? I remember her saying her schedule wit university and work was full on.

I’m hanging in there! Thank you for asking :)

Pub side,just coffees and scones unfortunately lol.Hair done but its another job trying to keep it dry in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The pessimist in me knows is the last day of the holiday. The optimist says there are three more days before back to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Canteen side, roll on 4pm !

honeybear wrote: »
    Coffee time after a late night. Hope everyone has the Friday feeling.

Ohhh shenanigans last night honeybear 😛?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Exhausted, me day required..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hot and sticky.
    Bastid weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Time for flu jab!

ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just about to light the fire, make the dinner and hunker down to a cosy evening in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside after a busy day in the coalface :)

Cosy night in is planned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Back home for the night now thankfully. Its very dirty out there. Just about to get a coffee and a sweet treat.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Hot and sticky.
    Bastid weather.

Sorry but the hot and sticky bit distracted my chain of thought.
    What was the topic again?

Where are you Redneck ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    Where are you Redneck ;)

Heh I shall never tell.

Just did the grocery shopping, heading out for 2 drinks and home for a night on the couch,I dont want to go out but I'm making the effort, rotten evening here but it's not cold so I'll brave the elements. 😉

Heh I shall never tell.

No need,the cameras are don't lie..enjoy the tequila. 😛

• Advertisement

No need,the cameras are don't lie..enjoy the tequila. ��

Always, but my supply is running low. Time for another care package from home,heh.As for camera footage,should make for a great movie,heh.

Sorry if that seems creepy, I am so soaked at the moment anything goes. Apologies if I offend anyone but I'm in for an all nighter.

Always, but my supply is running low. Time for another care package from home,heh.As for camera footage,should make for a great movie,heh.

I have Tarantino on it ;):D

Perfect, he will do me proud.

Get CH to do the soundtrack, should be interesting...😉

Apologises Widdershins, I couldn't help myself,heh.

• Advertisement

Just did the grocery shopping, heading out for 2 drinks and home for a night on the couch,I dont want to go out but I'm making the effort, rotten evening here but it's not cold so I'll brave the elements. 😉

Famous last words, two drinks..
    Yeah right...

Oh I was just saying how wet it is ...
    Around here
    :)

Famous last words, two drinks..
    Yeah right...

I'd love a cocktail but they're fierce strong in my local and I'd be asleep by 8pm..deffo 2 pints of Coors Light and home..and I'll probably still conk out after them,despite my drinkie related posts I'm a total lightweight..its another symptom of aging ,I'm a cheap date though lol.

Oh I was just saying how wet it is ...
    Around here
    :)

I understand that but doesn't stop my mind wandering,heh.I should stop responding to this thread before I get into trouble,heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m hanging in there! Thank you for asking :)

Delighted to hear that. Keep going and we are here for you.

I'm in for the night. I could go for some action and adventure...even a bit of peril would do me nicely. Something other than the pub even though it's usually a good night, nice chats etc.
    Thought I was mellowing with the shift to Autumn, but no. If OH was with me I could do it. Snuggle in for the evening. On my own even for a couple of nights, drives me mental.
    I never seem to settle.

I'd love a cocktail but they're fierce strong in my local and I'd be asleep by 8pm..deffo 2 pints of Coors Light and home..and I'll probably still conk out after them,despite my drinkie related posts I'm a total lightweight..its another symptom of aging ,I'm a cheap date though lol.

Post at 8pm from your couch as proof that you're not skulling the vodka!

I understand that but doesn't stop my mind wandering,heh.I should stop responding to this thread before I get into trouble,heh.

My tongue was in my cheek when I wrote that one, don't worry :)

My tongue was in my cheek when I wrote that one, don't worry :)

I apologise it's the Tequila talking and I meant no disrespect to you, please forgive me senorita.

I apologise it's the Tequila talking and I meant no disrespect to you, please forgive me senorita.

I was laughing! Please don't be sorry :) I heard tequila makes people happy, I must try it some day :)

• Advertisement

I was laughing! Please don't be sorry :) I heard tequila makes people happy, I must try it some day :)

Gracias por entender a mi amigo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just drove through the darkness in fog and lashing rain with a 22 mile round trip for a rare Friday take-away - all eaten now. Couchside and sleepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside with alcohol and cashew nuts.

Has anyone seen fmpisces? Haven't seen her post in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Miserable night.

Things feel better after dish of cauli soup :)

Now listening to BBC 'Great Lives' - Dave Allen :):)

( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b03phrwn )

"Carmelite nuns - The Gestapo in drag" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Back in the home house for the weekend as the aul lad and his missus are away and have asked me to keep some life in the place.

Cooked a massive steak dinner with sweet potato wedges and had a lovely glass of Rioja with it.

Now I’ve lit the fire and I’m about to watch the two Deadpool movies back to back. Bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Back from my holiday, just had the biggest cuddle with my cats and dogs. Missed them all so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

By a turf fire watching Escape to the Chateau.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

By a turf fire watching Escape to the Chateau.

By the fire watching it too , love it :D
    Btw , delighted your fire/chimney is ok , can't beat sitting by the fire on a winter's night :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    By the fire watching it too , love it :D
    Btw , delighted your fire/chimney is ok , can't beat sitting by the fire on a winter's night :)

Thanks Mam. It’s GAS but I spent Summers turning, footing and bagging turf and hated EVERY minute. Now, when I’m out home, my Dad puts some bags in the boot. There’s nothing like a turf fire ... never thought I’d say that!

• Advertisement

Thanks Mam. It’s GAS but I spent Summers turning, footing and bagging turf and hated EVERY minute. Now, when I’m out home, my Dad puts some bags in the boot. There’s nothing like a turf fire ... never thought I’d say that!

Ah , the memories lol !
    It was horrible , looking down the rows of turf that seemed to have no ending , but fun too !

Enjoy HB :)

My first boyfriend (the long-term one who is now the ex I sometimes refer to) took me to the bog on summer days where I'd help him cut and foot the turf. I guess when you're not from a rural background and you were never made to do it it's not a chore, and I really loved it. The sun, the wildflowers and insects and the quietness. I haven't had turf for a while but I enjoy stacking the shed with firewood and bringing baskets of it in and then watching the fire on cold evenings. Which is what I'm doing now.

Duvet Day's curfew has passed.
    The dirty stop out.

Boyfriend was busy making garages or driveways or some such stuff all day, I spent way too much time on boards!!

It's amazing how invisible people can annoy me & also make me sad for humans at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It just reminded me. I loved the bog. Tea and sandwiches, catching footing clamping bagging .
    Seeing dust devils and getting hit by one.
    Happiest days of my life
    Weird but true.

Now watching HIGNFY ( BBC 1 )

Panel includes
    um
    er
    Fintan O'Toole :eek:

• Advertisement

..... the bog on summer days ..... I really loved it. The sun, the wildflowers and insects and the quietness......

Me2

'tis one of the great happy memories of my youth :)

Duvet Day's curfew has passed.
    The dirty stop out.

I'm here,2 drinks and then a sneaky [email]g@t...there[/email] was a surprise 60th on so I stayed for a nose..poor turnout so I hope more people will I arrive for it,couchside and just been told theres training in the morning and I'm doing chauffeur, cant wait until they're all driving themselves, think I have to buy a car for the one taking lessons at the moment,3 lessons done and seemingly its simple..stay off the roads lads lol.

0lddog wrote: »
    Me2

'tis one of the great happy memories of my youth :)

Ah jeez lads!!! ... next thing ye’ll be telling me ye loved standing in gaps!

Ah jeez lads!!! ... next thing ye’ll be telling me ye loved standing in gaps!

Or picking the stones out of the field :(

Dust devils cjmc? I've heard of fairy winds as they call the miniature tornadoes that whip and whirl through fields, spinning the cut grass up in the air. Wondering if they're one and the same.

It was only 16 or so years ago 0lddog...my ex showed me a lot of old fashioned things like that, and they were some of my nicest days too :) And neither of us drank or partied :D Two teenagers doing old people things and having a lot of fun with it :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement