Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Or picking the stones out of the field :(

We picked spuds,drop6in the morning and had to fill a massive container, about €5 a day,did us no harm tbh...mine cant even peel a spud lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Or picking the stones out of the field :(

Mam knows how to bring us down to earth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

honeybear wrote: »
    Thanks Mam. It’s GAS but I spent Summers turning, footing and bagging turf and hated EVERY minute. Now, when I’m out home, my Dad puts some bags in the boot. There’s nothing like a turf fire ... never thought I’d say that!
    Ah , the memories lol !
    It was horrible , looking down the rows of turf that seemed to have no ending , but fun too !

Enjoy HB :)

It is well known that turf heats you about 4 times in total between all stages of saving & burning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

0lddog wrote: »
    Mam knows how to bring us down to earth :D

Lol , only done it once , I wonder why ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a beer in hand watching NCIS, really love the show.
    Bloody hell it's a wild one outside with the wind and rain and fireworks going off as well, but a least it's Friday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

......Two teenagers doing old people things and having a lot of fun with it :D

Raking hay & making a haystack ?

The shelter of a haystack, a great place to get to know your favourite fellow teen :D

Did you ever read Cider with Rosie ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

0lddog wrote: »
    Raking hay & making a haystack ?

The shelter of a haystack, a great place to get to know your favourite fellow teen :D

Honeybear, I never stood in the gap, lol, but I've been an assistant on a few tedious old jobs...stone walling can be boring if you're not doing much but keeping company. Taking plenty of breaks helps :D

Did you ever read Cider with Rosie ? :P

Sadly it was all plastic bales, not quite as romantic for assignations:D We made hay while the sun shone alright :D

No! I probably should!

I've mixed my comment up with 0lddog 's, oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Remember being thrilled to be collected by car from the bus (usually walked home from bus) to discover we were only collected as ... we were needed to pick bloody potatoes. I think I need a therapist ... this farming nostalgia is bringing up bad memories. Anyone ever have to snag sugar beets?

Sadly it was all plastic bales, not quite as romantic for assignations:D We made hay while the sun shone alright :D

No! I probably should!
    You were better off..my friend ahem fell off the bales and broke her hand but wasn't taken to hospital for 3 days..oh the good old days 😥.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I get Duvet is posting from the pub toilet..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I get Duvet is posting from the pub toilet..

Haha I wish,should have stayed alright, there was talent conversing with me...could be beer goggles too..going g to a party tomorrow night so fingers crossed the stars align lol.

Hitting the hay. Early start tomorrow. Night all. Codladh Sámh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Did a five hour round trip to retrieve a loved soft toy for my grandchild. No sleep last night with anxiety about it being afraid to have been left behind on its own.
    The joy of the reunion was worth it and went to bed happy clutching furry animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

wildwillow wrote: »
    Did a five hour round trip to retrieve a loved soft toy for my grandchild. No sleep last night with anxiety about it being afraid to have been left behind on its own.
    The joy of the reunion was worth it and went to bed happy clutching furry animal.

Ah here, you are making the rest of us look bad!

wildwillow wrote: »
    I am putting you up for the grandparent of year award, fair play to you and the little one won't forget it as well.
    Still couchside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Aww Wildwillow - you did good.

Couchside still - caught up on The Bake Off final (what happened there) Grahame Norton just starting on BBC Norn Iron - Gosh Julie Andrews looks remarkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A long long day.:( At least I wasn't out in the rain. Not long home. Suppin a beer and glad that the job was finished tonight, so have the weekend off. :)

Just reading about all that Bog/turf stuff some of you posted. I'm a City boy at heart so the only turf I ever saw was a bale of Briquettes.:D And by way of coincidence, I was working on a Bord na Mona related job all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Drowning the week deskside with a 4 pack of Leffe (gorgeous Belgian brew) from the local Applegreen. Oddly satisfying that they have both this and Hoegaarden in a place frequented mostly by rushing commuters.

6.6% - I can still handle it. Not too old yet.
    Or so I think.

Blarrgh.

(I'm new to this thread, but not to boards. I've picked up your "side" lingo very quickly altogether. Yez need a new code machine.)

Leffe = Gorgeous rocket fuel. Duvel even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside but thinking I’ll head bedside soon. Watching Say Yes to the Dress and just chilling out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Have to get the 6am train, meaning I need to get up in 4 hours but can't sleep. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Kitchenside brain melted just brain melted

Witchie wrote: »
    Have to get the 6am train, meaning I need to get up in 4 hours but can't sleep. Help.

Been there Witchie. Its hard. One tip. If you feel sleepy an hour before the alarm, just get out of bed.
    Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Kitchenside brain melted just brain melted

What's up Sky? My head is melted from work. Luckily I'm having a come down beer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sleepy time for sephers 😴, sweet dreams all x

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Been there Witchie. Its hard. One tip. If you feel sleepy an hour before the alarm, just get out of bed.

Less than 2 hrs is my cutoff. If you get under that, it's worse than having none.

It used to be 1 hour. Then hit 30 and everything fell apart.

• Advertisement

sdanseo wrote: »
    Less than 2 hrs is my cutoff. If you get under that, it's worse than having none.

It used to be 1 hour. Then hit 30 and everything fell apart.

I'm still at the one hour mark in my late 40s.:eek: But in general if sleep arrives too close to getting up time, just get up. You're right. It's worse than getting none.

I'm still at the one hour mark in my late 40s.:eek: But in general if sleep arrives too close to getting up time, just get up. You're right. It's worse than getting none.

In a perfect world we'd all just got to bed on time. But life's too damn short for that nonsense.

Haven't seen Duvel here. Lived a stint in Belgium when I was far too young to drink (not that the Irish lineage didn't try to make it happen anyway) but the aul fella has mentioned it. Where do you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Going downstairs for a cup of tea. I know...the excitement. Wondering why "Everlasting Love", and "Build me up, Buttercup", is ear worming me.

sdanseo wrote: »
    In a perfect world we'd all just got to bed on time. But life's too damn short for that nonsense.

Haven't seen Duvel here. Lived a stint in Belgium when I was far too young to drink (not that the Irish lineage didn't try to make it happen anyway) but the aul fella has mentioned it. Where do you get it?

Molloys. O'Briens and decent Supervalus have it. Good Off licenses aswell. I reserve it for special moments and respect it. It's pricey, but nice. Clocks in around 3.80 for a 330ml bottle. 5 bottles sorts me out.:D An under rated gem.

Wouldn’t mind a little tipple all this talk of beer :)
    But all I drink is wkd ..... waits patiently for the barrage :-0

• Advertisement

On my last beer Sky. If I had WKD I'd share it and drink it too! Not sure I've even tasted it before.

On my last beer Sky. If I had WKD I'd share it and drink it too! Not sure I've even tasted it before.

Aw thanks ! Actually haven’t had a drink in well over 2 years :-( it messes with the meds so I’m better off without it
    It’s like a blue mr freeze Ice pop

Aw thanks ! Actually haven’t had a drink in well over 2 years :-( it messes with the meds so I’m better off without it
    It’s like a blue mr freeze Ice pop

You're better off without it! I quit cigs 18 months ago. Booze is next. The oul blue wkd I remember now. I'm a boring lager man. Mrs G says the same about meds and drink. Still takes a drink once a month but most times regrets it.

You're better off without it! I quit cigs 18 months ago. Booze is next. The oul blue wkd I remember now. I'm a boring lager man. Mrs G says the same about meds and drink. Still takes a drink once a month but most times regrets it.

That’s funny cause I’m going of the fags very soon have a date picked and going to go for it !

That’s funny cause I’m going of the fags very soon have a date picked and going to go for it !

I'm cheating though as I vape. But better than the real thing. If you go cold turkey, there's a good support thread on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Dubai bound, took the early flight so up at 5am and takeoff 7am, shall be in the Irish Village in time for kick off 🀪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

Ohh I need that this morning Auto!
    Have to find somewhere showing the match too..... Not big into rugby the Finns!
    Have a small bet on SA since the beginning of tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Autosport wrote: »

Happy Saturday!!!

:)

Needed that too. Really nice. Thanks. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Autosport wrote: »

Happy Saturday!!!

That is just lovely!
    Happy Saturday to you too. :)

• Advertisement

Awww!

Busy Bumbóg here. In from the rain. Drenched. Heading out into it again. It’s favour day. Happy Saturday All!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks Auto, never underestimate the power of a good hug. My brother gives the best bear hugs and there’s nothing like them!
    Have a good Saturday folks. Come on South Africa!

Morning all, kitchenside with a Coffee waiting for the match to start, c'mon the Springboks. Hope ye all have a good day:)

I'm glad you like the hug :) sometimes we get caught up in trivial matters and forget the simplest gestures can mean the most :)

Now carside heading to the shop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...I'm gonna find myself a girl who can show me what laughter means and we'll fill in the missing colours in each others paint-by-number dreams...

Morning all,

...and it's lashing...8C

Temp couchside with coffee, have to take the girls to the groomers, one in particular won't be impressed :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see.......so first you admit to drinking Lyons and now this well........

DEMON!!!!!

Just kidding :pac:
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Ohh I need that this morning Auto!
    :)

Needed that too. Really nice. Thanks. :)

Everything ok there gals ?

I'm deskside listing to coast to coast am, "Ghost to Ghost 2019" show, with freshly brewed coffee of course!

I see.......so first you admit to drinking Lyons and now this well........

DEMON!!!!!

He he just drinking a cuppa Lyons now lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In the Irish Village Dubai, the only tea that they Sell here is BARRYS.

What is a man to do ? Maybe drink beer instead

smurfjed wrote: »
    In the Irish Village Dubai, the only tea that they Sell here is BARRYS.

What is a man to do ? Maybe drink beer instead

Wise choice ;)

• Advertisement

Deskside with coffee number two 🤪🤪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement