Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...I hear the train a coming, it's rollin' round the bend and I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when...

Morning all,

It's a grey damp cold one 4C

Reluctantly kitchenside with coffee porridge etc. :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Heading to the coalface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, I should get up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Spanish arch eating a sambo. Tis cowld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside. In pain and cranky. Waiting for parking is not helping my mood in the slightest :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Homeside (bit of a pattern to my posts) . Feeling all Adulty after a meeting. One step closer to realising my sole ambition. Fortunately Mr. Widdershins To Be is quite content with the reason behind the meeting...the possibility of a future foster family. :)
    Will need to start driving again, ideally, (after a 3 year hiatus- you get used to not driving, and its a lot cheaper) but not strictly necessary as we'll have a driver in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Homeside (bit of a pattern to my posts) . Feeling all Adulty after a meeting. One step closer to realising my sole ambition. Fortunately Mr. Widdershins To Be is quite content with the reason behind the meeting...the possibility of a future foster family. :)
    Will need to start driving again, ideally, (after a 3 year hiatus- you get used to not driving, and its a lot cheaper) but not strictly necessary as we'll have a driver in the house.

That’s great :) such an amazing thing to do so rewarding.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Carside. In pain and cranky. Waiting for parking is not helping my mood in the slightest :mad::mad:

How come your in pain kitty? Parking is a disaster these days :(

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    That’s great :) such an amazing thing to do so rewarding.

Thank you. I like a challenge, and have endless energy- might as well put it to good use

Thank you. I like a challenge, and have endless energy- might as well put it to good use

And think of the kiddies you will be helping :) heart warming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Sometimes I wonder what I'm at!! I was checking an online thesaurus and noticed their "Word of the Day"
    Turophobia: an irrational or disproportionate fear of cheese

FFS!! Who doesn't like cheese (well, the non-smelly stuff anyway)?

How come your in pain kitty? Parking is a disaster these days :(

Back pain Sky. Not sure what the cause of it is, whether I slept funny or something but it’s uncomfortable.

Currently library-side, have an hour to kill before my class so I might start my application for that graduate programme

In the car about to take off. Decided to take a half day for meself. Going to head home and have a bubble bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sometimes I wonder what I'm at!! I was checking an online thesaurus and noticed their "Word of the Day"
    Turophobia: an irrational or disproportionate fear of cheese

FFS!! Who doesn't like cheese (well, the non-smelly stuff anyway)?

I certainly don't fear it but, by God, I can't stand cheese in any shape, size, form or description. Never did and never will.

Back from a long leisurely walk. Back pain is almost gone but numbness in my foot remains unexplained. Going for a scan early tomorrow. No big deal, just a slight annoyance.

May set and light the fire shortly.

Not a bad day out there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Deskside looking at the christmas tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitchen with a coffee , cooker lighting and apple crumble in the oven . Will go down nicely when I get back in later on :)
    Tis raining away steadily here , ah well !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Kitchen with a coffee , cooker lighting and apple crumble in the oven . Will go down nicely when I get back in later on :)
    Tis raining away steadily here , ah well !

Send me your Eircode, I'm leaving now xx

To thine own self be true

Send me your Eircode, I'm leaving now xx

Lol , no problem it's ##### !
    Folks , if Purple Mountain doesn't return , I've either poisoned her or she's moving in :D

And think of the kiddies you will be helping :) heart warming

I'm hoping for older kids and teenagers who are usually bandied from pillar to post. I'm hoping to be their last stop, no more pillars and posts. I did it when I was 23 with a 16 year old who only needed one person in the world to think of her and see the brilant woman she would be so I defy anyone who says I cannot do it officially now. I wish I could help everyone but it seems best to try with the ones who are supposedly out of options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was dilly dallying in the shop this morning looking at the newspaper headlines when an ignorant middle aged man SHOVED me out of his way, I called him back but he looked over his shoulder and kept going. I followed him, and when I caught up on him and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and RAN off. What ya think I’m gonna do buddy? Shove you too?

In work raging I wasn’t quick enough to trip him up

In the bath. Few candles lit listening to Norah Jones. Bliss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thanks for the nice messages last night, shouldn't have posted here but lovely to see the support.

In me sitting room. Big fluffy dressing gown on and the fire lit. OH should be home soon enough. A takeaway beckons I reckon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would love a bath and a takeaway right now. But no such luck. At werk.

Having a ridiculous onl8ne argument about whether a wolfhound could kill a wolf with a pack behind it:D Of course they will never concede because they were IRISH wolfhounds. And none of us can dwfinitivwly know anyway as we have no wild qolv3s and only poor weakened breeds of hpunds but I still maintain my boy Spike could have gobbled them all for breakfast :D yes I think that's enough internet for today.

• Advertisement

I would love a bath and a takeaway right now. But no such luck. At werk.

At least you can twerk. They can never take that away from you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

Hiya I was considering to get an electric car. How far does she go on before you need to charge? Have you had a Blue Lagoon? ;) Purple Rain:p sex on beach? ;) It's inappropriate.

Andreas77 wrote: »
    Hiya I was considering to get an electric car. How far does she go on before you need to charge? Have you had a Blue Lagoon? ;) Purple Rain:p sex on beach? ;) It's inappropriate.

Blue waffle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Blue waffle?

Your username. I guess your good fryevds with Anus Von Skidmark

Gael23 wrote: »
    Your username. I guess your good fryevds with Anus Von Skidmark

He's my OH.

• Advertisement

I actually have no idea who you're talking about :pac:

Break time in my lecture. Will skip the gym and go straight home after this on account of the back pain.

Will not be seeing yer man from yesterday again, he only went and unmatched me on Tinder. Ahahahaha how rude :pac::D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus home from work, tired but very very happy.

Got a phone call this morning informing me that I got the job I interviewed for. Happy days!!! :):D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

JupiterKid wrote: »

Got a phone call this morning informing me that I got the job I interviewed for. Happy days!!! :):D

Delighted, congratulations to you!

Well done to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Congrats, Jupiter!

Homeside, the rain avoided me for most of the day.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Break time in my lecture. Will skip the gym and go straight home after this on account of the back pain.

Will not be seeing yer man from yesterday again, he only went and unmatched me on Tinder. Ahahahaha how rude :pac::D

Whit? The git. Better off without. I mean without the man but possibly without Tinder as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Congrats Jupiter!

Best of luck Wid!

Jupiter Kid , that's brilliant news , well done you !

Not home yet , Purple Mountain , eta ten minutes :p

• Advertisement

Tumbleweed in here tonight .
    Think these dark evenings and gloomy weather is starting to get to everyone .

May sing a Christmas Carol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well Mam, despite my troubles and woes, I'm always fairly upbeat and ready to post.

Please don't sing a Christmas Carol. Please. December 1st will be grand.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Down with that sort of thing.

I’m with Mam!

I knew that'd get a reaction :D

Don't worry , I truly can't sing so no carols :o

Yet.....
    :p

At my Lap Top - That's where I am. My Lap Top did this for the thread.

Just finished script for our Infant Christmas Play ... there’s a few extras needed

honeybear wrote: »
    Just finished script for our Infant Christmas Play ... there’s a few extras needed

Freddie, Jason, Michael Myers????

honeybear wrote: »

I'm in !
    There's an abundance of Grinch's here :p

Grandeeod , tell your laptop thank you , love it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

6th November 2019, Kimbot has mastered time travel :
    Kimbot wrote: »
    Deskside looking at the christmas tree

Kitty, I'm speechless. How about uninstall your app and scan a few Uni Socs ?

I'm homeside. May or may not be going to watch Kevin (Ch4 21:00Hrs)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement