Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

0lddog wrote: »
    6th November 2019, Kimbot has mastered time travel :

Kitty, I'm speechless. How about uninstall your app and scan a few Uni Socs ?

I'm homeside. May or may not be going to watch Kevin (Ch4 21:00Hrs)

Fireside with Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

honeybear wrote: »
    Just finished script for our Infant Christmas Play ... there’s a few extras needed

Like in Love Actually, the Christmas lobster :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's early November, wherers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's early November, wherers!

Feck Christmas for now! Have a weekend away booked for the end of this month, Nothing to do with Christmas for me. Pop the ladies a few quid and set them off. Me? Barside, poolside and grub in no particular order.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside checking a few emails, etc with a glass of water. Hey G, delighted that you're getting a break soon as this should help with sleepless nights.
    Night all,be heading to zzzz soon.

• Advertisement

Meant to say that the Christmas shopping is done. Right down to the biccies and bevvies! No stress.

votecounts wrote: »
    Bedside checking a few emails, etc with a glass of water. Hey G, delighted that you're getting a break soon as this should help with sleepless nights.
    Night all,be heading to zzzz soon.

Cheers V!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

On the bus, coming home from a gig in Dublin. Anticipating banging my head as I get off because of the stoopid low ceiling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the bus home from work, tired but very very happy.

Got a phone call this morning informing me that I got the job I interviewed for. Happy days!!! :):D

Congrats Jupiter! :D
    Whit? The git. Better off without. I mean without the man but possibly without Tinder as well.

Ah lookit it’s a bit annoying but what can ya do? I’m not exactly looking for the love of my life right now (although if that happens I won’t say no!) so just take it as it comes I guess.

I’m bedside now, early start again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Still up with my mad child ! Anyone else up ?

• Advertisement

About 4 hours sleep, not good. I sleep the sleep of the dead usually, until something is on my mind.
    Lack of sleep then makes me worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Tough leaving Leabaland this morning. Doggies & cats to look after. I’m on weekend countdown. Have a good Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Heading to the coalface

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Break time in my lecture. Will skip the gym and go straight home after this on account of the back pain.

Will not be seeing yer man from yesterday again, he only went and unmatched me on Tinder. Ahahahaha how rude :pac::D

His loss!

Canteen side crying 😫😫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....and they while away their hours in their ivory towers, till they're covered up in flowers in the back of a black limousine...

Morning all

It's a grey cold one again 4C

Kitchen with coffee porridge toast

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm never drinking coffee again. I remember looking for a sledgehammer to knock through a wall at 2am. Do I know anything about knocking walls? Of course I dont (although at least it's only a partition wall). Thankfully I didn't find a sledgehammer.

Still running on coffee fumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work. Am like a drowned rat who then did 2 rounds in a broken washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Meant to say that the Christmas shopping is done. Right down to the biccies and bevvies! No stress.

That’s really impressive Grandeeod!

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the bus home from work, tired but very very happy.

Got a phone call this morning informing me that I got the job I interviewed for. Happy days!!! :):D

Brilliant news and well deserved. Will you start in the New Year?

Decided to take the morning off work as I have been working at a ferocious pace and was exhausted. It is lovely to sit and enjoy my coffee and not do everything at double quick time. I might plan a few more strategic mornings off.
    Have a good day everyone. Mind that rain out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Home deskside with coffee, just want to phone it in today.

If anyone hears me snoring, give me a nudge.

WAKEY WAKEY TED....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm awake, I;m awake

giphy.gif

His loss!

Canteen side crying 😫😫

Hope you’re not crying over that guy! :p in all seriousness, I hope you’re alright, you know where I am if you need a chat x

I’m lectureside again, the lecturer has given us a break in the middle. One more hour till home time

ETA: “that guy” as in the one I posted about, not that guy from your work

His loss!

Canteen side crying 😫😫

Ah Seph - is that guy still giving you grief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

In work headphones in listening to K.D Lang constant craving. What a song! I think it's about my appetite :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed. Another rubbish rest.. There will be pizza later to cheer us up

On a train at last and drying out! This was not the plan today. On a rescue mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I wanna kiss you but I want it too much...I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison....I don't want to break these chains...

Thursday night is not too early for shenanigans is it? Plotting and planning...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Home after some tests and scans. Coffee's brewing.

Homeside, panicking slightly. Passed a guard checking speed in a 50 kmh zone, and I’m sure coming up to him I was going about 47. But when I got past him I was going 53. So I’m shítting it, even though I think I was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Homeside, panicking slightly. Passed a guard checking speed in a 50 kmh zone, and I’m sure coming up to him I was going about 47. But when I got past him I was going 53. So I’m shing it, even though I think I was fine

Your fine kitty ! If it’s a guard with one of those speed guns don’t they have to pull you over if they catch you speeding? . Think there is a certain allowance either side of the speed limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Your fine kitty ! If it’s a guard with one of those speed guns don’t they have to pull you over if they catch you speeding? . Think there is a certain allowance either side of the speed limit

Naw anytime I’ve ever been pulled over I’ve been let off. It’s when I’m not speeding fast enough to be pulled over when I get caught but I’m pretty sure that there’s like 10% to allow for error

Skybirdjb wrote: »

It was one of those speed gun things! Ahh pressure off so, thank god!
    Naw anytime I’ve ever been pulled over I’ve been let off. It’s when I’m not speeding fast enough to be pulled over when I get caught but I’m pretty sure that there’s like 10% to allow for error

Well he didn’t pull me so I think that means I’m safe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Canteen side crying 😫😫

Seph , is it worth it ?
    Surely to God or whoever , your work environment shouldn't be affecting your mental health this much ?
    Sorry if I've misunderstood .

• Advertisement

If this rain does not ease up I will be camping in the office tonight. No way am I getting soaked again. No bloody way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea couch and painkillers in that order just about to happen, how is everyone?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hope you're ok seph

I'm heading out to the doctor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seph , is it worth it ?
    Surely to God or whoever , your work environment shouldn't be affecting your mental health this much ?
    Sorry if I've misunderstood .
    hope you're ok seph

I'm heading out to the doctor
    Hope you’re not crying over that guy! :p in all seriousness, I hope you’re alright, you know where I am if you need a chat x

I’m lectureside again, the lecturer has given us a break in the middle. One more hour till home time

ETA: “that guy” as in the one I posted about, not that guy from your work
    Eleysian wrote: »
    Ah Seph - is that guy still giving you grief?

Ahhh sorry I meant crying internally :o

Hugs all the same Seph

Aspie hope the doc trip is nothing stressful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Laid up in the cot with a hot water bottle and tea. I’ve been sick since the weekend but tried to power through and dragged my butt to work despite my better judgement. I finally caved and went to the doctor this afternoon. I have bronchitis and I’ve been signed off work for the rest of the week. All my housemates were sick the last two weeks, should’ve known I’d succumb eventually :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I hope you only have good news ,amigo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hope you passed your NCT srameen. I'm laid up on the couch at the minute with a sore, swollen face. Have had a toothache on and off for the past two weeks, I was putting it down to the cold weather but last night I was genuinely in tears with pain. My missus was awake all night because of me and insisted I went to the dentist, which is always something that terrifies me. Anyways, I duly made an appointment and to the nurse I explained my long standing anxiety about dentists. She reassured me as best she could and said I would be given some valium for my nerves. What she didn't, or have know way of knowing in all fairness to her was that I have a massive tolerance to benzodiazepines so a single valium wouldn't fill a hole in me tooth, excuse the pun. I'd to ring herself and get her to put a sleeve of ten 1mg Xanax into an envelope and send them down by taxi. Swallowed the lot which helped and I blanked out just before the procedure.
    I'm not the vain sort, but I'd two teeth pulled and one of them is an incisor, very noticeable. The only comfort I have at the moment is that around this time next week I'll be on a flight heading to sunnier climes. I'll have to visit the dentist when I get home though, and it's gonna cost me a feckin fortune. Six weeks before poxy Christmas too :( I swear sometimes, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no bloody luck.

What she didn't, or have know way of knowing in all fairness to her was that I have a massive tolerance to benzodiazepines .

I am the opposite Harry - just need a smell of a pill for it to take effect. Lack of practice in pill taking. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Hugs all the same Seph

Aspie hope the doc trip is nothing stressful

ah it was kinda stressful but I got through it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Post hill walk, cold here in East Clare.
    Heading to a funeral, only 44 years old..
    So unfair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear that, 4Ad.

Homeside out of the cold, a night for the couch I think.

Srameen, hope all goes well with the test results.

Do yiz want a laugh? Got a call very early this morning. I was up anyway getting little G set for school. So it turned out that one of my contract employers needed a quick solution that I couldn't do from my own tech desk. Get here (Dublin City Centre) ASAP, I was told. I'll take the train says I as the weather was crap and parking is a nightmare. Plus its nice to arrive reasonably stress free. It does help.

I must admit I got absolutely pissed on getting from my car to the station. The station car park was well full by 10am this morning. So arrive up in Dublin. I sort the issue that a younger person is having trouble with and getting sh1t for. I hate when this happens. They work for less, are willing and able, but get so much abuse from idiots who don't have the same skill.:mad:

I moaned about the last minute journey today. So Grandeeod is treated to a Taxi all the way home. Door to door. Big bucks! Felt like royalty, but sat in the front seat chewing the fat with the very friendly Taxi driver. I'm home now, but I've just realised that my car is still parked near my local station. I completely forgot.:D

Ah minor oops for a nice bit of appreciation Grandeeod

Ah minor oops for a nice bit of appreciation Grandeeod

The car can stay there tonight. Have a lift to it tomorrow for the days travel to Tipp. No early start, but late finish. I prefer that.

Having a beer!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement