Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nice pics and nice wheels BF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from my usual Saturday shopping run.🚲

All this grey and dull November weather down here is depressing. Just 18km from here as the crow flies there is the “Schauinsland” next to the city of Freiburg. Beautiful sunshine above the clouds, typical inversion weather situation.

In the background you see the Vosges over in France. Right in the middle of the screenshot is a little ridge. Behind that is my tiny village. Pic no.2 is from the left corner of this ridge. :D

My usual shopping run would be exactly 4km one way if the stupid tacho app would work. Dear app developers why should i buy the full version if you can not be bothered to get the reduced free one running? Dream on, ha! :pac:

I want to live there ! 😃 Any cats around the place 🐈?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stunning pics Black Forest , especially the first one !

In , boots off , fire lit , time to peel some potatoes now , exciting :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Stunning pics Black Forest , especially the first one !

In , boots off , fire lit , time to peel some potatoes now , exciting :p

Hope you enjoyed your short visit to Cork mam 😛

Went to town with the 19yr old,never again, didn't know what he wanted, wouldn't actually look around the shops just a quick glance and the "Nah there's nothing here",no bother eating a big lunch though, we had to head home because hes going out at 5.30pm..the tail is definitely wagging the dog in this house, I didn't get to look at even one thing for myself. Roll on wine time, I'm an actual saint lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being chased around the kitchen by my favourite wee man 😃 as he attempts to say uncle "unce" "unce" :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just as I suspected. The blanchardstown centre is like that scene in a disaster film where everyone tries to flee the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Being chased around the kitchen by my favourite wee man 😃 as he attempts to say uncle "unce" "unce" :3

So cute ! What age is he ??
    Couchside wondering how much can a little boy eat ???? My god a bottomless pit like what will be be like when he’s older lol
    Got some good news today so buzzing a bit :)
    And icing on the cake we are getting a Chinese tonight I’m a happy bird tonight haven’t felt this happy in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Enjoy the moment Skybird!

I’m cocooned in the sitting room, wishing I had a fire but it’s been so long since I lit one I need to get the chimney swept... have to make do with the flicker from a candle instead. Just polished off a piece of Victoria sponge. Never got bright here today, but this time next month we’ll be heading in to longer days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet , it was a flying visit , I used my broomstick to avoid the diversions ;)

Cake Wars : Christmas , on here .
    Some absolutely fabulous creative Christmas scenes being made , love it .
    Whoever wins the fifty grand will deserve it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You know you're in Cork when you see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Nice pics and nice wheels BF

Thanks, keeps me fit. In a distant future i want to get it electrified. There is a full size bicycle shop in the next village which can do this for small money. Run by the church the Christophorus campus helps adolescents with learning difficulties to find a job. :)

If i mount my little combo fully up i could transport 40kg easily. See piccie...

I want to live there ! 😃 Any cats around the place 🐈?

Aaah Sephers...you already know Mr. Blacknwhite. Extra for you his gif full in action. You’ll be welcome over here any time.;)

catfightgifpcjuy.gif
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Stunning pics Black Forest , especially the first one!

I really love my little neck of the woods. The SW part of Germany is an undervalued little gem. But it’s getting too hot in the summers nowadays. Thirtysix degrees for weeks is not for me. So my dream for retirement would be a little two cabin live aboard boat at the irish west coast.

Don’t know anything about boats but i can still learn...and then circumvent Ireland once every summer.:D

P.s. Nearly no one knows that one of Europe’s biggest fun parks is located here. The Europa Park...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »

I'd die of thirst!.

Couchside, sossie sammich and tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Ahhh right. When I clicked on it I was expecting to see a Kerry GAA team doing a lap of honour. :pac:

In the kitchen myself, sitting at the counter having just watched Liverpool win again. Beautiful!!! 30 years of pain could end this year maybe...

Aside from sport, I've been awoken at 2am or 3am every day for weeks now with my dog refusing to jump into the bed after going out for a pee and instead whining at me to pick her up. (she usually jumps in at her whim)
    It's becoming REALLY annoying coz when yer up for work at 6am and you keep getting woken at 2am and 3am for lifting a dog into bed when she can jump herself, it makes you want to punch someone. Half the time I dont get back to sleep again.

So took her to the vet and he clipped her nails. Didn't work.
    Then cut away all fur near her nails on her paws, didnt work.
    So then I asked in canteen in work and one fella said: "Yeah easily fixed, Stick the dog in the shed" :pac:

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know. She's used to sleeping in the bed since she was a puppy so I'm not stopping that.
    But I'll kill myself if I dont get some decent kip soon.

As an aside, it's mad what sleep deprivation can do to a person.
    Made a coffee this morning and when I went back to make a second one I realised the milk was on the table and the coffee jar was in the fridge.
    ...... Still worked though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I just finished a big duurty chipper and now am couchside feeling like a big greasy fatso. Also thinking of a fellow Boardsie who is having herself a well deserved night on the town tonight. Have a great night S! :)

NewRed, is the dog a little older? Perhaps night vision or mobility is slightly different and they are not comfortable or have you moved a mat or changed bed? You might be looking at training them to use a small set of steps up to the bed.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I just finished a big duurty chipper and now am couchside feeling like a big greasy fatso. Also thinking of a fellow Boardsie who is having herself a well deserved night on the town tonight. Have a great night S! :)

A woman in work has a little ladder/steps for her 2 dogs to get in and out of her bed, now personally I think that's mad but each to their own.

NewRed, is the dog a little older? Perhaps night vision or mobility is slightly different and they are not comfortable or have you moved a mat or changed bed? You might be looking at training them to use a small set of steps up to the bed.

Hey Grem, Shes only 7 last month. Bed is same bed as for last 4 years.

A woman in work has a little ladder/steps for her 2 dogs to get in and out of her bed, now personally I think that's mad but each to their own.

haha. funny enough in my anger last night I shouted "Do ya want a feckin ladder?"
    But yeah shes not getting that. Draw the line somewhere

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Hey Grem, Shes only 7 last month. Bed is same bed as for last 4 years.

My westie was that age when the couch started getting difficult for her. I guess a doggie bed beside the bed might be an idea

• Advertisement

My westie was that age when the couch started getting difficult for her. I guess a doggie bed beside the bed might be an idea

thanks mate, I'll give it a try! Cheers :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

and maybe lay on a t-shirt with your scent on it, to soothe her.

:o (missing my sweet dog now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flat out on the couch at last. God help the poor soul who disturbs me in the next ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back at my folks house, in great form :D

In bed, medicated - eyes drifting, but fighting the dreaded nap (I wake up feeling worse than before sleeping - makes no sense!)

Flat out on the couch at last. God help the poor soul who disturbs me in the next ten minutes.

*breaks out dusturby stick* come at me spoke atheist grem

• Advertisement

COUCH FIIIIIIIGHT! :eek: :D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    and maybe lay on a t-shirt with your scent on it, to soothe her.

:o (missing my sweet dog now)

Ahh sorry Boo. Sorry for yer loss mate

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Ahh sorry Boo. Sorry for yer loss mate

ah no it's been awhile, just remembering caring for her was all - dogs are such sweet dotes... thanks NewRed2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

COUCH FIIIIIIIGHT! :eek: :D
    You're not kidding Deja, I filmed a bit of it. It's pure vicious stuff. :eek:

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

We're off out for a bite to eat. I feel like the new girl again, after meeting more of His workmates and sister home from abroad. I love them and feel very accepted by them but I need time just the two of us. It's really a lot to take in, a whole new life. Caught between joy and panic sometimes. It's been some year.

In bed, medicated - eyes drifting, but fighting the dreaded nap (I wake up feeling worse than before sleeping - makes no sense!)

I know that one. Your blood sugar & body temp. drop during sleep, maybe That's why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In a bar out in Skerries - enjoying a couple of non-alc beers with a few other lads who also took part in Nov 9th's Dickie Dip for the Mater Foundation.

Great craic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Seph - what are you doing to me?!
    I went out to do some Christmas shopping earlier. I saw some cat coasters and thought “Seph would like those”. Same story with the cat napkin rings, napkins and mugs. This madness must end now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Still deskside at work, getting through it though and beginning to see the winter holidays as a chink of light ahead. Had a bad week and I'm still smarting a bit over it all. Sometimes you feel you're alone, even when in company...if that makes sense. I'm missing the one person who could put it all right in one perfectly worded sentence.

Trying to forget about that week, and once I finish up here, there may be a few glasses of vino imbibed. Maybe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

**checks timestamps**

It is just outside the 10 minute zone, so no mod action will happen

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    So cute ! What age is he ??
    Couchside wondering how much can a little boy eat ???? My god a bottomless pit like what will be be like when he’s older lol
    Got some good news today so buzzing a bit :)
    And icing on the cake we are getting a Chinese tonight I’m a happy bird tonight haven’t felt this happy in a long time

19 months , same my favourite biyeen , he was sitting on my lap helping me eat my dinner the rascal 😸 :3, he's gone to bed now but I was reading him his tickle monster book before he went up :3

Couch side watching TV.

I'm finally relaxing. Pj's on, on the couch with wine and X Factor with the kids. Husbag in the kitchen cooking pizza. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In a bar out in Skerries - enjoying a couple of non-alc beers with a few other lads who also took part in Nov 9th's Dickie Dip for the Mayer Foundation.

Great crack? :D

To thine own self be true

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In a bar out in Skerries - enjoying a couple of non-alc beers with a few other lads who also took part in Nov 9th's Dickie Dip for the Mayer Foundation.

Well done doing that in November and for such a great cause too

Deskside, tea already, buckle up bitches work gonna be fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sitting and chilling after a lovely (but tiring) day. Frozen was class, I’d go again only I’ve no more kids to bring. I made an error bringing them all in one go, should have spaced it out one at a time lol. Having a steak dinner cooked for me now and watching X Factor also and looking up flights to New York for some stage in the new year please god. In no mind for Christmas this year but that didn’t stop me from buying reindeer pajamas and reindeer bed covers. I’m blaming the nieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dinner done. Now in Cork city at a tech desk until the jobs done. City is livening up.

Dinner done. Now in Cork city at a tech desk until the jobs done. City is livening up.

Hopefully you don't slave away for too long..

Eleysian wrote: »
    Seph - what are you doing to me?!
    I went out to do some Christmas shopping earlier. I saw some cat coasters and thought “Seph would like those”. Same story with the cat napkin rings, napkins and mugs. This madness must CONTINUE!!

I agree 😃

😸🐱 :3

^^^ In your dreams Seph!
    What are you getting me btw?

^^^ In your dreams Seph!
    What are you getting me btw?

A hammock for your office and a life time supply of sephers coffee 😃

Listening to Mike Mills and Michael Stipe talk about the album Monster 25 years on, oh this is awesome!

Actually Seph you know me well. A hammock in the office would be amazing and the coffee - well amazing!

Off out shopping again tomorrow so to get Seph’s presents....

Actually Seph you know me well. A hammock in the office would be amazing and the coffee - well amazing!

Off out shopping again tomorrow so to get Seph’s presents....

Yay 😃

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Listening to Mike Mills and Michael Stipe talk about the album Monster 25 years on, oh this is awesome!

Ooooh! Where are you listening to that Grem?

• Advertisement

Great crack? :D

oooh-matron-29062761.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement