Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Evening all. No great sleep last night/this morning. Arsehole neighbours who are just plain LOUD all day everyday.:rolleyes: Did shopping. Chatted about my work day with Mrs G and had a laugh, Ya gotta laugh.

Thank you Grem for your concerned post at all hours this morning re driving late and thank you to another poster who displayed a real decent offer if I had been in need of it. This thread can be a real life place of decency.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It has three cats on it. THREE!

Hey that sounds like the mug I let you borrow! 🐈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Inside but thinking I might head outside and attempt to jump start my mam’s car. It hasn’t started for the last two days. One of the reasons why I was keen to get my own car, this randomly happens with mam’s car every so often and in the winter you can’t really rely on it

ETA: totally missed Guy’s post about his uncle. I’m very sorry for your loss, hope you’re okay x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Guy I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a hard time for you and your family.
    Like Grem said videos can be good for a relieving laugh. Take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry for your loss Guy,

Sorry for your loss Guy.I watch Roy Keane clips on YouTube to cheer me up,I absolutely love him but he mightn't be your cup of tea..

Couchside, as I have been most of the day,binging on the last series of Power on Netflix, absolutely love it especially Tommy.

[QUOTE= Ok.......but don't blame me now when there's bird crap everywhere :pac:[/QUOTE]

Seph I had a real laugh out loud moment there so thank you. I thought the flamingoes would go with the pina coladas. :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Seph I had a real laugh out loud moment there so thank you. I thought the flamingoes would go with the pina coladas. :pac: :pac:

Ohhhh 🤣🤣 I thought you wanted live ones flying around the office 🐱

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phew, tea, never got a chance for obligatory cuppa before i left the house. My rhythm is all messed up while my partner is away for a few days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Condolences Guy. Tough going.
    Fireside watching Escape to the Chateau.

• Advertisement

Heading beside as I have an early start in the morning.
    Wishing everyone the best evening possible and thanks for a nice weekend in here.

Eleysian wrote: »
    Heading beside as I have an early start in the morning.
    Wishing everyone the best evening possible and thanks for a nice weekend in here.

Sweet dreams

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sweet dreams of flamingos :)

Dreaming of pink flamingos makes a change from pink elephants

Variety Ted, bringing more depth to the nightmare realm ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's unrelenting! Bits and bobs domestic stuff done today, Back at the tech desk in the morning for a straight seven day run. Then on the road for two days. I'm losing count of it all at this stage. Christmas time on my arse with my ladies is all I want.:D

For now its Kitchen table on the laptop. I have a new Macbook for work. Horrible machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss Guy.

I’m headed for bed, feeling sleepy. Night all and for those with the Sunday fear, may Monday and the rest of the week be better than anticipated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Guy Person wrote: »
    Bedside lazing, browsing boards and YouTube. An uncle of mine died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. I have very fond memories of him and my Aunt making me laugh when I was a youngfella, I used to love to visit them. I went to visit a different Aunt of mine today who also has terminal cancer that spread from a brain tumour to most of her body. She took the news about her brother in law bad, it was very sad to see.
    I'm now looking at videos of kids doing funny stuff to cheer myself up a wee bit.
    Sorry for your trouble, Cancer is a real bitch:(
    Couchside watching suicide squad,

Bedside, alarm set,I have 7 hours and 45 minutes before I have to get up and face the world, there must be an easier way.

• Advertisement

Bedside sweet dreams all x 😴💤

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night night all :)

Night night to Seph and all off to sweet dreams land :)

*sprinkles sweet dream dust*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guy, so sorry to hear about your uncle and aunt. I know your mam isn't well so life is really throwing sh1t at you now. Take time to process it all and look after yourself

Bedside, after weekend shenanigans, goodnight wherers! Hope the night passes quickly for you, Grem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

In bed with the fear.

Thats fear, in the English word sense. Not the Irish word.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just in from a nice weekend at the Inlaws. We had a fabulous time, they had a christening over there yesterday and it turned into a two day party, wrecked and thinking of skipping Monday, yes I think I'll skip Monday.

• Advertisement

A dose of the glenroes eh?. :) Hope you can sleep it off. 20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

As in not a man or not drink induced sense of impending doom?

Waiting for a long and boring process to be finished so I can do something else. Work is usually a good diversion. It's giving me a pain in my head at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside but pondering a trip to the kitchen for a midnight snack

I, of course, am all in favour of the snack Kitty :D

Some degenerate psychopath has used the teaspoon in the butter and now I have buttery tea. I could've made fresh tea in the time it took to complain about this but there you go.

• Advertisement

Some degenerate psychopath has used the teaspoon in the butter and now I have buttery tea. I could've made fresh tea in the time it took to complain about this but there you go.

Has used the spoon in the fcuking what?? What the actual?? :mad:

Has used the spoon in the fcuking what?? What the actual?? :mad:

I'm glad someone shares my shock! :D

I reckon it was for baked potatoes.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait now you're telling me that baked potatoes were being consumed with a spoon? Jaysis i'm all for baby bowls of comfort etc but again, wtf?

When you think they could've gone back for more butter, potatoes could have ended up in my tea as well. That'd turn anyone homicidal.

:eek: This is why one leaves a knife on the breadboard, for the very possibility of requiring a top up/second slice of toast etc. I am appalled on your behalf!!

Morning Grem.
    Slides cup of tea and toast across.

Slept better last night. I dreamt I was attacked by flamingos whilst lying in a hammock drinking pina coladas. What fun but I blame Seph!

Have a good day one and all. Mind yourselves.

You hero!. :) Were you the flamingo wing commander? :o

I'll see myself out.

^^^ Nice to start the day/week with a laugh!

I forget even lame jokes are appreciated sometimes *takes a bow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just in hotel bed after a long flight and an hour drive and some food. Exhausted

• Advertisement

Just in hotel bed after a long flight and an hour drive and some food. Exhausted

Have fun in la-la land Shoes :)

Broken night sleep, feel hungover but haven't been drinking.

Anyone want to be Ted for the day?

We will get our shopping lists to you later in the day Shoes.
    Do enjoy!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Broken night sleep, feel hungover but haven't been drinking.

Anyone want to be Ted for the day?

Dunno if i could pull that off tbh Ted

Can you drink copious amounts of tea & coffee and give off an air of knowing what's going in.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Can you drink copious amounts of tea & coffee and give off an air of knowing what's going in.

Affirmative *grabs clipboard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

You could try but it'd be hard I'd say.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Saddling up the horse. Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night...

Morning all,

It's a grey damp one but it's 10.1 C

According to my records this is the first time over 10C since Nov.5th :eek: where's me shorts :D

Kitchenside with the usual, thinking about my favourite, have a good one folks :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Another grey wet morning, oh please bring me some frosty mornings soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement