Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have been drunk in Thailand and Amsterdam and never once felt the desire to go to a brothel! Cant imagine ever wanting to pay for sex from an prostitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh I get you now. Well no I haven't been to Thailand but presumably the interior decor isn't the same there!

Resting on my bed, thinking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Are the buses any better lately?

Hit and miss but mostly bad.

Curled up on the couch about to watch couple of New Amsterdam episodes. They've TOTALLY recycled (pillaged) a bunch of old ER/Grey's Anatomy case studies, but it's first new series I've gotten into in ages. Light and easy.

Went for a long long long walk in the rain, it was actually lovely: foggy and atmospheric, not too wet.

Shoesdayschild - have a blast!!! Head out to the coast/beaches for a bit if you can, they're surprisingly quiet after the crazy of Hollywood etc. Not Venice though, that's chaos. Would love to be there right now - this California kid misses the west coast every now and then - and now is a then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Drinking the most gaspy gulpy thirst quenching most needed perfect cup of tea ever!!!...... it's Barry's. :)

Sounds like my first cup of tea after a day in Dublin. Manna from heaven.

So mild again tonight...I'm delighted. Should go for a walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Evening folks.

Is Dulex's whorehouse colour card sponsored by Durex?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did I see someone mention they're drinking a cup of Barry's :pac:

Heading for the kitchen.

Whorehouse does sound like a paint colour but by Farrow &Ball not Dulux.

Also "Den of Iniquity Lilac"
    And "House of ill repute Red"

• Advertisement

Whorehouse does sound like a paint colour but by Farrow &Ball not Dulux.

Also "Den of Iniquity Lilac"
    And "House of ill repute Red"

Bordello Pink :) (officially Resene Bordello)
    ...is *actually* a thing. imagine trying to order that one in the local trade centre :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Cali_girl wrote: »
    ...is *actually* a thing. imagine trying to order that one in the local trade centre :D

Now in stock (2.5l & 5l )

Didnt Witchie tell about accidently find herself in a bordello ( with her sons ) in Penang ? ;)

Can you buy paint in Anne Summers ?

Bordello pink sounds like it might be nice :D

Dulux had a terracotta called Banty Cock. I'm not sure what Bantu means

Olddog Yes, edible body paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

This all sounds like a night for shenanigans!!!!!!!!!

Skybirdjb wrote: »

Back in the day Lillie's Bordello in Dublin was the place on a Sunday/Monday night for bordello themed shenanigans!!! Relaxed door policy, cheap drinks... Ha! Don't think it was pink though.
    Time to off-theme :D

Whats the plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Whats the plan?

Hmmmmmm dunno but it might involve traffic cones and shopping trolleys lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside after a shower with new PJs on (they’ve got dogs on them!!!) Trying not to be too nervous for my interview tomorrow, hopefully it’ll go okay though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Couchside after a shower with new PJs on (they’ve got dogs on them!!!) Trying not to be too nervous for my interview tomorrow, hopefully it’ll go okay though :)

Best of luck, I hope it all goes well.

I'm on the couch with a Budweiser looking at kindle books to buy

Looking at the whites and magnolia all around my house..might change my name to Vanilla Essence 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Whatcha interviewing for ?

( Everyone should wear PJs with dogs on them :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote: »

They must have seen something they liked if they acted so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back in the day Lillie's Bordello in Dublin was the place on a Sunday/Monday night for bordello themed shenanigans!!! Relaxed door policy, cheap drinks... Ha! Don't think it was pink though.
    Time to off-theme :D

I remember it well! Judges out front was where I paid for my first two pound pint.:eek: But I must admit I had many funnier nights upstairs in Renards two stories over the old Pink Elephant. The lesser celebs went there in the noughties and it was a fooking sight to behold. Eamo Dunphy holding court by the pool table near the front and any other arsehole actor/wannabe bumming drink. You could put your credit card behind the bar and order drink. Pay up when finished. Some so called celebs would spot you doing this and then latch on to you in the hope you'd pay for their booze.:eek: Happily I insulted lots of them back in the day for chancing it.:D

smurfjed wrote: »
    I’m on my third one and find them marvellous especially after years of using MS.

I'll re-phrase what I said.

It's crap with the software/workflow I'm expected to work with. Therefore a horrible machine for remote working.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I remember it well! Judges out front was where I paid for my first two pound pint.:eek: But I must admit I had many funnier nights upstairs in Renards two stories over the old Pink Elephant. The lesser celebs went there in the noughties and it was a fooking sight to behold. Eamo Dunphy holding court by the pool table near the front and any other arsehole actor/wannabe bumming drink. You could put your credit card behind the bar and order drink. Pay up when finished. Some so called celebs would spot you doing this and then latch on to you in the hope you'd pay for their booze.:eek: Happily I insulted lots of them back in the day for chancing it.:D

You have me again Grandeeod
    I distinctly remember seeing Eamo in Lillie's: sitting in a wingtip chair in the library bar like a plonker with a dodgy houndstooth blazer pretending to read a newspaper (which was upside-down) at 2am :pac: Eyes furtively looking up over the top to see who was there. A good 20+ years too old to be in there... Val prowling around.
    Pink Elephant did a good happy hour, 2 for 1 on the old Long Island Iced Teas. Renards started to get increasingly dodgy, those wannabes weren't bumming just drink :eek:
    La Cave was probably the best of them all, Trudie at the bar, half the clientelle in love with her, the rest of us really just having the the best mad drunken laughs down there. They also had the only stairs I ever actually fell up :D

Lying on my bed, amazing how fast the evening goes but then the work day goes slowly :rolleyes:.
    Hmmmmmm dunno but it might involve traffic cones and shopping trolleys lol

Count me duvet and Cali_Gal in :pac:

You have me again Grandeeod
    I distinctly remember seeing Eamo in Lillie's: sitting in a wingtip chair in the library bar like a plonker with a dodgy houndstooth blazer pretending to read a newspaper (which was upside-down) at 2am :pac: Eyes furtively looking up over the top to see who was there. A good 20+ years too old to be in there... Val prowling around.
    Pink Elephant did a good happy hour, 2 for 1 on the old Long Island Iced Teas. Renards started to get increasingly dodgy, those wannabes weren't bumming just drink :eek:
    La Cave was probably the best of them all, Trudie at the bar, half the clientelle in love with her, the rest of us really just having the the best mad drunken laughs down there. They also had the only stairs I ever actually fell up :D

I never did La Cave Cali! Can you believe that.:( But its still an option. We are on the same page for all the rest.:eek: Jesus, Dublin was a great low key and yet brilliant spot all those years ago. Bartley Dunn's. The William Tell????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, chilled, TV on ...savouring a bar of Galaxy ripple. Nyom nyom!! :D:pac:

Bartley Dunn's.
    ????
    Nope. Heard of it but never.
    The William Tell????
    OMG yes!!! Cheapest/most underage pints going :pac:
    Verrrry vague memories there now, was 15/16, in Dublin on holidays from the US I think, and well that was either the end or the beginning of something. :D
    Google tells me Hairy Lemon, never vibed on that place, but location adds up.

Dublin was the best. Still is in pockets/times!
    I remember another holiday/stint back here as a teenage, and discovering The Coffee Inn, St Anne Street. Only place open (bar Bewleys) you could get a coffee at ALL. They had weird 80's style plastic diner booths and served mugs of old Nescafe granule coffee! And Irish breakfasts! Crazy characters in there.

Bedside, very early start tomorrow because I'm going to finish very early and meet my 2 very best friends for lunch,there'll be at 3 hours of gossip and then stuff that we know wont go beyond the 3 of us,there's nothing else I prefer doing than sitting down with the 2 of them and sorting out our worlds.

All the talk of wild nights out is bringing back great memories, for me it was De Lacey house but mainly Chandras, we had fantastic nights but took some ridiculous chances, spins home from dodgy sources etc,I'd say if I met someone now I'd be super cautious, no cars,no up the back of the airport(ooh matron),I'd be convinced they were murderers or something, I'd be nervous of Tinder too lol..must get some cats I suppose lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside, chilled, TV on ...savouring a bar of Galaxy ripple. Nyom nyom!! :D:pac:
    It's polite to share..... Just saying like....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

All .must get some cats I suppose lol.

You could do a lot worse :3 😽

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

JupiterKid wrote:
    Couchside, chilled, TV on ...savouring a bar of Galaxy ripple. Nyom nyom!!

I read that as nipple! :pac:

Time for dreamland. Goodnight one and all.

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

0lddog wrote: »
    Whatcha interviewing for ?

( Everyone should wear PJs with dogs on them :) )

I’m interviewing for a job, working as one of the out and about/brand ambassador type people with a fairly big radio station down this way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You could do a lot worse :3 😽

Get a room you two :P

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside and wide awake, tomorrow shall be fun.

Might have a drink or 2 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope you're asleep now Leggy .

Watching NarcoWorld :Dope Stories here .
    Crazy stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hope you're asleep now Leggy .

Watching NarcoWorld :Dope Stories here .
    Crazy stuff .

Nope, having a drink but I can feel sleep approaching. Early night tomorrow for me.

Nope, having a drink but I can feel sleep approaching. Early night tomorrow for me.

Lol , well , enjoy the drink , you'll sleep well after it :)

• Advertisement

Bed with new sheets and new PJs, what a good feeling :D Early start tomorrow and a busy day, looking forward to it though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside being very, very quiet

Deskside being very, very quiet

You ok Grem ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

One of the toughest days i've done in a while but it's ok, thanks Mam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying in bed just after having dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, can’t get over the portions here it’s insane. No jet lag. Slept it off last night. Woke up a few times totally disoriented but fine all day.

Laying in bed just after having dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, can’t get over the portions here it’s insane. No jet lag. Slept it off last night. Woke up a few times totally disoriented but fine all day.

Hope you are having an amazing time there :)

• Advertisement

I am, hope work isn’t too bad tonight grem

I am, hope work isn’t too bad tonight grem

Work is fine, four more hours an dout of here, need bed badly. How long are you over there for?

Just over a week!! Black Friday shopping

Spend (and save) a fortune! I'm awful put out you didn't ask me to dogsit though :P

Hahaha the dogs are having hot breakfasts :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement