Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scrambled egg and smoked salmon no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Morning Grem,
    Kettle just off the boil. Fancy a cuppa?

Hey Shoes have a brilliant time in LA. What are you planning to do besides shopping?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea would be great, i've barely left the office all night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*sticks head in*

Did I hear tea being mentioned ?

Bedside just woke up

Wide awake listening to the wind and rain, just had a coffee, could stay snuggled up here all day given the chance.

Finishing line in sight. What a fcukin marathon of a day/night/morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finishing line in sight. What a fcukin marathon of a day/night/morning

Starting line in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Awake, Listening to the sound of rain on the roof. Feels like it should be Thursday already :eek:

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Awake, Listening to the sound of rain on the roof. Feels like it should be Thursday already :eek:

Amen to that.
    Oh Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote:
    Awake, Listening to the sound of rain on the roof. Feels like it should be Thursday already

You mean it's not Friday.

I'm too tired to get the gif, but

I'm getting too old for this sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Birmingham Airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Hope you have a better day Grem ((hugs))
    Shoes have a ball :)

Had a great date night and even managed to get the keys to the Beemer so she's for sale ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Eleysian wrote: »
    Morning Grem,
    Kettle just off the boil. Fancy a cuppa?

Hey Shoes have a brilliant time in LA. What are you planning to do besides shopping?

Today we just spent the day at the beach. Very warm but the locals are all complaining it’s cold. On Thursday we’re visiting family for thanksgiving, Friday is.black Friday and the weekend will be spent doing Disney and universal, prob spend the rest of the time doing touristy stuff, I’ve done it all on previous trips but this is luckiest mans first trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed worried I’m getting sick.
    Haven’t been in form for drinking since yesterday in airport. I’m always ****ed drunk by time I get on plane but just couldn’t stomach it. Last night had a glass of wine with dinner but wasn’t feeling it at all.
    Woke up during night soaking wet with sweat and felt like my throat was sore but it doesn’t hurt swallowing so I can’t describe it.

This afternoon my ears went all funny and I thought they just needed to pop, I was really dizzy, kept yawning to pop it and it popped so loud that luckiest man heard the fluid swish, he was really disturbed. He heard the ear pop!
    I felt awful dizzy for a few seconds after it but grand then.

My upper area feels weird but though it feels throaty it isn’t.
    Just there earlier my ear is jabbing sore. I have been moderately sober all day, telling sign to be honest.

Deskside with coffee ,unreal floods on the roads and still lashing rain, be careful driving this morning lads..have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...but it rings and I rise, rub the sleep out my eyes, the shaving razor's cold and it stings...

Morning all

Annnddd it's lashing 8C

Kitchen with coffee/porridge/coffee/toast....Auto thinks she got a key fob but...hmmm nice Christmassy duvet cover you got there...;)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Shoes- mind yourself. Will you check in with us later to let us know how you are doing? Check out your local urgent care as well.

I don't know if this belongs in TA but the number of crazy drivers out there this morning not watching their braking distances in this wet weather is crazy. As Duvet says safe driving out there.

Deskside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

At my desk on a Tuesday. Oh gad it's definitely the worst day of the week....le cry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking out the hotel window, how do you guys drag yourselves outta bed on days like this.

On a positive note, went to visit Butlers Chocolate factory last night, Milk Chocolate with Irish Cream Liqueur.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Deskside, clicking refresh on Parcel Motel hoping my deliveries arrive today.... im like a kid at christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sprawled in the wooden kitchen chair with cramps, it's my morning ritual :D I be bionic again in half an hour. Predictive text sneakily inserted Bubonic there. In great form. It's not that windy but it sounds dramatic from indoors. Class.

Soaked. To the skin. Waterproof jacket clearly isn't!
    Time for shower then work.

Waiting to see the results of adaptive tan drops. Will probably have photos taken later and I'm so pale at the moment my face is camera flash non-compliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work. I wore a big pair of plastic rain trousers over my work trousers on the way in to work this morning

I am sure I saw some obviously turned on women looking at me and wondering who that 30 year old was walking the street in plastic trousers....

Kinky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Looking out the hotel window, how do you guys drag yourselves outta bed on days like this......

Some of us dont :p

Home-side :D

Kitty, good luck with the interview

Kinky!

Sounds like U looking for Shenaniganz :D

Im oversubscribed for shenanigans as it is :)
    I can appreciate a man in shiny pants as much as the next person :)

Im oversubscribed for shenanigans as it is :)
    I can appreciate a man in shiny pants as much as the next person :)

** checks back to Triggers post **

We might be talking about men in wet pants here :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

0lddog wrote: »
    ** checks back to Triggers post **

We might be talking about men in wet pants here :p

Yup, wet baggy plastic trouser covers. But - ya know - whatever turns you on!

• Advertisement

I thought he was wearing waterproofs. Oops. *puts mind back in its box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside - just back in from running the dogs in the rain, (no waterproofs :o)
    Lots of work on again and another full day planned. But it's going well and I'm hoping to clear the decks by weeks' end and then hibernate for a while :D

Waiting to see the results of adaptive tan drops. Will probably have photos taken later and I'm so pale at the moment my face is camera flash non-compliant.

What in the heck are adaptive tan drops?

Nearly homeside, exhausted

What in the heck are adaptive tan drops?

Poop.

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Poop.

Ah now wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just offloaded a few bags of stuff at the charity shop and feel cleansed after it. It's good to dejunk.

Capitalising on lots of energy to give my house a winter clean. If you do it in short hard bursts one job or one are of a room (bookshelves, sink, fireplace, appliances) it doesn't drag.

Grem, I got these as a sample and there's no box to read about what they are about but I mistakenly used a load of the drops recently, thinking they were face oil and a tan developed and deepened gradually over 3 days so I think That's the adaptive part. Or else it's supposed to match your natural skin tone

I am finally in bed but too anxious or wound up or frustrated to sleep. Someone sing to me please?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside with a case of pre-interview jitters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Deep breaths. You will be fine. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

I am finally in bed but too anxious or wound up or frustrated to sleep. Someone sing to me please?.

Soft Kitty warm Kitty little ball of fur.....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Best of luck kitty you will be fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waiting patiently to hear how Kitty got on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Soft Kitty warm Kitty little ball of fur.....

That was the first song I thought of too :)

But seriously hope you settled down Grem and are catching zzzs now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good luck kitty, canteen side.

Just in from work.

Cup of tea for Grem
    Keen to hear how Kitty got on,
    Hoping Shoes feels better.

Shout out to Mam, finally getting around to doing those last packing boxes. It feels good!

Evening all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Starbucks-side, hopefully waiting to meet someone.

Interview went well, the lady interviewing said she’d be reluctant to let me give up the hotel over Christmas because the hours with them wouldn’t be as stable and I’d end up losing out money-wise, but to send her an email in January and we’ll set something up for February. So all in all, happy enough :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, at home, got in the door about 25 mins ago.
    Busy, long day. Chilling before getting dinner sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Delighted to hear that Kitty :) Grem and Shoes I hope you're both feeling better ((hugs))

Just home now and deciding what to have for the dinner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Nope. Heard of it but never.

OMG yes!!! Cheapest/most underage pints going :pac:
    Verrrry vague memories there now, was 15/16, in Dublin on holidays from the US I think, and well that was either the end or the beginning of something. :D
    Google tells me Hairy Lemon, never vibed on that place, but location adds up.

Dublin was the best. Still is in pockets/times!
    I remember another holiday/stint back here as a teenage, and discovering The Coffee Inn, St Anne Street. Only place open (bar Bewleys) you could get a coffee at ALL. They had weird 80's style plastic diner booths and served mugs of old Nescafe granule coffee! And Irish breakfasts! Crazy characters in there.

Bartleys was facing the William Tell that did indeed become the Hairy Lemon. Break for the Boarder is where Bartleys used to be. The William Tell was full of Cure Heads that you could also find in the Coffee Inn of South Anne Street. They did a great Hot Chocolate. One more spot for a coffee was the other side of Grafton Street - The Wildebeest in the laneway to the Powerscourt centre.

Laptop. Kitchen. Dinner. Hopefully finished work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement