Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Hey lads
    Feel weird today my granny died last night and I know she was a great age (93) but I’m so sad we were very close

Little bird cheering me up tho being all cuddly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry for your loss skybird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry to hear that Sky. No matter what age she was your granny and it’s normal to be sad.

Little bird seems to know exactly what you need.

HUGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sorry for your loss Sky x

Sorry to hear that Sky,grannys are special, xxx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah I'm so sorry for your loss Sky, keep little bird close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Listening to music and practicing my twerking. I'm the twerking queen! Abba should write a song about me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Sorry for your loss skybirdjb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry for your loss Sky .
    It's never easy , no matter what age they are , look after yourself too x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My sympathies Skybird

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hey lads
    Feel weird today my granny died last night and I know she was a great age (93) but I’m so sad we were very close

Sorry to hear that sky

*Hugs*

I've a house full of kids this afternoon, the adult kids are messing with the smallies so I said I was getting out the wooden spoon, smallies had never heard of the wooden spoon..skitting here now because the 5yr is asking "Wheres the slapper Duvet Day, I want the slapper"...I know I know I'm easily amused. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I called off my night to help someone who seems to have slightly exaggerated their condition.. OH working most of the night now.
    I'd quite like to see the Blizzards in Limerick but I anticipate there'll be a sudden relapse.flipping waste of a good dress.

Sending a gentle hug, Skybird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry to hear that Sky.

Tech desk closed. Now some domestic stuff to be done. I refuse to mention a certain word untill sundayðŸ˜

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Busside home, might stop off and get the auld hair trimmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Sky.

Tech desk closed. Now some domestic stuff to be done. I refuse to mention a certain word untill sundayðŸ˜

Happy Friday G :p

Alecto , good to see you back , hope all is good with you :)

In , but think I've to go out again , whenever someone makes up their mind , could be worse !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry to hear that Sky ((hugs))

Finally free from the coalface :D Bring on the toy show :D

Welcome back Alecto :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Alecto?. What am I missing here?. I have snot for brains so perhaps slow on the uptake..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Alecto?. What am I missing here?. I have snot for brains so perhaps slow on the uptake..

Cleo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Got a call This morning that someone walked out of my garage last night with a new fridge and dishwasher still in their delivery packaging.

Thanks to my wonderful builder leaving the door open, I can’t claim on insurance.

And of course the lovely guy didn’t show up as planned today or respond to messages or calls.

Beer time. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear that Skybird, be sure to celebrate such a long life as well as grieving for the loss.

Bedroomside wondering what shenanigans slapper Duvet has planned. :D

(Sorry DD, couldn't resist!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hey lads

I'm sorry to read this Skybird. Having lost an Uncle in the this week I know it can be very sad but personally I found it helpful to think about the good times we had together so hopefully you can do that with the great memories you have of your granny.

And I am happy to read that you have your little AC/DC loving bird with you to cheer you up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Damn you glitch

I am glad you are back Alecto/Succubus/Cleo though Succubus is one of my favourite user names ever so that is always how I will address you. :P

Homeside looking at all the chocolate and desserts Aldi will have in stores for Christmas. I obviously have to eat all of it so I will be obese with a month.
    Am now wondering how I can chat up women on New Year's Eve while looking like this

stay-puft-snowman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, feeling reflective

Sorry to hear that Skybird, be sure to celebrate such a long life as well as grieving for the loss.

Bedroomside wondering what shenanigans slapper Duvet has planned. :D

(Sorry DD, couldn't resist!)

Just as well I don't get offended easily, between yourself and Guy the Michelin man I'm growing a thick skin and no sign of my fiance to issue a few bans lol.

Couchside, lazy dinner in the oven, I suppose theres no need to mention what's beside me..My name is Duvet Day and I'm fond of crushed grapes 😛

Ahem... :D:P
    My name is Duvet Day and I'm fond of crushed grapes ��
    giphy.gif

Deskside waiting for cat hospital to begin :3 😸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    ... I refuse to mention a certain word untill sundayðŸ˜

Steak?

Busside home, might stop off and get the auld hair trimmed.
    Deskside waiting for cat hospital to begin :3 😸
    ...with a buzz cut?

Sitting on my bed wondering if I should consider a new way of life. I haven't felt at home anywhere for a year. All my 'thing's that I loved seem bleached of meaning. I don't really care what kind of house we should build. I've done it all before, fairy tale lives can go up in smoke. Hard to believe in the domestic dream a second time. I'm not really the roaming hippy type either though. I can't see us in a caravan or a campervan. Narrow boat? Ponder ponder. Time for Tea, said zebedee.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ...with a buzz cut?
    No his hair is now a furball. I'm not kitten, you I am fur real. His hair looks pawsome, purrfect even. These cat puns are clawful I know but I'm going to log off and listen to some mewsic fur a while. I'm feline like listening to Cat Stevens, Paw McCartney and Cat Benatar. Then I am going to watch a movie starring my favourite actor Catrick Swayze while I excitedly await the arrival this year of Santa Claws.

I'm going for a cat scan after reading that :)

Steak?

Nah DB. A word that I think only becomes relevant on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Sorry to hear that Skybird. My condolences.

The one beginning with 'w' and ending with 'k' :D?

...with a buzz cut?

Of course!

Guy Person wrote: »
    No his hair is now a furball. I'm not kitten, you I am fur real. His hair looks pawsome, purrfect even. These cat puns are clawful I know but I'm going to log off and listen to some mewsic fur a while. I'm feline like listening to Cat Stevens, Paw McCartney and Cat Benatar. Then I am going to watch a movie starring my favourite actor Catrick Swayze while I excitedly await the arrival this year of Santa Claws.

Get your coat Mr!

Get your coat Mr!

.....CAT FIIIIIGHT!!!

shocked-cat.jpg

• Advertisement

The one beginning with 'w' and ending with 'k' :D?

Nope not that one either!

Get your coat Mr!
    My fur coat? I hope you weren't offended Seph, I am just trying to amews myself while I sit here contemplating a holiday to Catmandu and reading my favorite book, The Great Catsby. Also looking at a catalogue because I'm buying a furrari, but that's just me being a glamourpuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

...with a buzz cut?

Or maybe a mullet? Ha!

Deskside watching the Irishman , will only watch an hour tonight and the rest tomorrow.

Popcorn ✔️
    Coke ✔️
    Favorite gal ✖️

😏😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Why can Garda horses crap on Grafton street, but a dog can’t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Sorry for your loss Skyb. I'd love to have had my granny meet my two, alas. Remember the day she died, my mam never really came back from it. Dunno your situation, mind your mam or dad if you can... Mind yourself too!

smurfjed wrote: »

Yeah that's messed up. Back home the police horses wear a catchment bag on their hindquarters.Guess they ain't ready for that here.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Ah get off your high horse Smurf, why the long face? Maybe ask your neighbours? If you are financially stable then your dog can poo anywhere and you can just pony up and pay the fine so you're not saddled with more responsibility. My voice is a little horse today, I was singing along to music from my subwoofer so I better hit the hay soon. Today has been ruff, my boss has me on a short leash and it has me dog gone tired. Still tomorrow should be better, I'm having a hot dog for dinner unless plans change and I find myself barking up the wrong tree! Though I have a dentists appointment in the morning over a loose canine. I hope it doesn't get removed but anything is pawsible!

Deskside watching the Irishman , will only watch an hour tonight and the rest tomorrow.

Popcorn ✔️
    Coke ✔️
    Favorite gal ✖️

😏😏

Watched it last night and found it very good. Plus realizing some of my favorite actors in it have aged worse than I have,Ha!

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah get off your high horse Smurf, why the long face? Maybe ask your neighbours? If you are financially stable then your dog can poo anywhere and you can just pony up and pay the fine so you're not saddled with more responsibility. My voice is a little horse today, I was singing along to music from my subwoofer so I better hit the hay soon. Today has been ruff, my boss has me on a short leash and it has me dog gone tired. Still tomorrow should be better, I'm having a hot dog for dinner unless plans change and I find myself barking up the wrong tree! Though I have a dentists appointment in the morning over a loose canine. I hope it doesn't get removed but anything is pawsible!

Get thyself to Forum Games GP ;)
    ...your active imagination can be put to (fun) use! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement