Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Caught up on spring cleaning today - oven scrubbed, hob done, floors, bookcases, I was like the duracell bunny - beginning to feel the energy drain now. Snuggling in for some Saturday evening viewing, might watch The Irishman on Netflix...(though might need to do it in installments)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finished work earlier than planned. I was just about to crack open a cold bottle of rockshore when a friend in serious need called. I'm soon on the way to Wexford and back again. The beer will be very very cold when I eventually get to have it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks for the offer Ted. I will keep that in mind!
    I’m actually a flat pack furniture queen, great at assembling them, but this was a floor to ceiling model so needed a second person. A few beers in exchange, a fair trade

I’m on the couch, cat on my lap, eyelids feeling heavy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside after going to watch Santa turn on the Christmas lights. Ran some errands and got dinner afterwards. Contemplating doing some college work now, have 3 essays due on Friday but have two of them done so I’m not really feeling the pressure. Maaaybe I’ll take today off...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Finished work earlier than planned. I was just about to crack open a cold bottle of rockshore when a friend in serious need called. I'm soon on the way to Wexford and back again. The beer will be very very cold when I eventually get to have it!

Well done to you, I'd praise you but, you know, rockshore :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Travel safe and hope your friend is ok G .

Watching Strictly , ham done for tomorrow , have chocolate no crisps though , enjoy your Saturday evening folks :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside listening to green Day.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Ted. I will keep that in mind!
    I’m actually a flat pack furniture queen, great at assembling them, but this was a floor to ceiling model so needed a second person. A few beers in exchange, a fair trade

I’m on the couch, cat on my lap, eyelids feeling heavy...

You could have called me as well poochie ......😏😏

I could have kept the cat company while you put it together 😃😸😜

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Evening all Hope ye all had a nice day ?

Mam when you mentioned chocolate I literally just remembered I have jelly tots and galaxys bought for me and mr bird :) happy days like

If only I could get the little scamp to go to sleep lol hopefully will go soon he’s just spent 10 mins laughing at a big bottle of ketchup :-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Deskside listening to green Day.

You could have called me as well poochie ......😏😏

I could have kept the cat company while you put it together 😃😸😜

Thanks Seph, that made me lol 😀

She’s inspected the handiwork and had given it her seal of approval 😸

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybirdjb wrote: »

If only I could get the little scamp to go to sleep lol hopefully will go soon he’s just spent 10 mins laughing at a big bottle of ketchup :-0

I feel like me and little bird would get on extremely well :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Guy, always love new friends. I'm a bit Amish at heart. They used to address pretty much everyone as "friend" which I found incredibly sweet.

Kitchenside being served dinner in a minute. Got slightly paranoid I'm still too thin as himself seems to have developed a thing for feeding me up, and someone else did it before him when I really was a rake. But it's for an entirely different reason... he bought me folic acid tabs too...! I'll be holding on tight to this one ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Celebrating the end of my healthy November with a glass (or three!) of vino ... Apologies in advance for any doddery musings which may follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

honeybear wrote: »
    Celebrating the end of my healthy November with a glass (or three!) of vino ... Apologies in advance for any doddery musings which may follow
    :D
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Deja Boo wrote:

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do tell honeybear , what's got ya so happy ?

Morning Seph! This little Bumbóg doesn’t tell much ... the trick is to ask those kinds of questions when she’s had a tipple!!!

So honeybear what had you so happy last sunday hmmm? 😛😃🐱

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Nowhere. :)

Deskside being extremely useful *beams*

Kitchen side,wondering why I wish the week away and right now I'd much prefer to be in work, how is it possible for one person to create so much upset and hurt in a house, to twist things around so much that I actually doubt myself.Sorry for the miserable Saturday night post and don't quote it but right now I'd rather be anywhere else.

Duvet sending you the biggest hugs i can muster, if you want to rant/vent/anything gimme a shout. Here all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm kid free. Myself and the husbag are drinking and riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Damn sorry to read that Duvet. If you ever want to talk about anything don't hesitate to send me a PM, I'm always willing to lend an ear and that goes for the rest of the wherers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's not you Duvet, it's them. Life and relationships with family and friends can be tricky at times. Tempers flare and subside all the time.

eviltwin wrote: »

Oooh enjoy! ;)

Echoing what everyone else has said Duvet .
    Don't let anyone make you doubt who you are as a person , it's a control thing with them , and you're worth so much more than that .

Thanks so much lads,its just one of those nights...of course I've 2 Christmas nights next weekend and guaranteed I'll be on here saying I don't want to go out..jesus maybe it is me after all😛.Needed a big cry anyway as its been a while. xxx

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »

Have i ever told you how much i love that you call him husbag??

On topic , I'm in bed , forgot to bring my book in , and I'm fecked if I'm getting back up to go get it . Will wait and see if son makes a move to go to the kitchen soon :pac:

And now I have my book !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Right I'm off to bed, I went to a local pub tonight in the area I moved to last month all by myself thinking I would have 1 pint and skulk away having talked to nobody but I ended up having 6 pints and talked the hole off any poor fecker who pretended to listen.

Again Duvet and wherers I say do not hesitate to send me a PM if you ever want to talk about anything that's bothering you or you just want to talk at all. I am a good listener when I'm not drunk.

Skybirdjb I hope that the next few days won't be too hard for you.
    Goodnight all :)

EDIT: Oh and congrats on the riding eviltwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading bedside after a wild night at the bingo :D won €30 so not too bad :D

Duvet you are a diamond and whenever I see wine I think of you :) We are here if you ever need to rant or rave of hire a hitman ;) That goes for everyone :)

• Advertisement

I know how you feel DD, I've a person like that in this house too as ye all know , it's makes me sick what there allowed get away with and how they treat the people closest to them . Dont let that clown drag you down, you're better than that, hugs for you x

That fcuking glitch will send me to an early grave! :mad:

If this thread was have a beers it'd be like the waltons it's so wholesome, but with a sprinkling of crazy running through the proceedings :D

Deskside listening to Infected Mushroom, ahem.. :o

Well done to you, I'd praise you but, you know, rockshore :p

Its now a very very very cold Rockshore. A tasty lager. Sick of the craft stuff.

Its now a very very very cold Rockshore. A tasty lager. Sick of the craft stuff.

Gah, heineken, erdinger, staropramen or hophouse, no?. Tried rockshore and handed my sample back..
    Reminds me of a joke -

What do drinking bud and sex in a canoe have in common?.

They are both fcuking close to water

(sorry)

Gah, heineken, erdinger, staropramen or hophouse, no?. Tried rockshore and handed my sample back..
    Reminds me of a joke -

What do drinking bud and sex in a canoe have in common?.

They are both fcuking close to water

(sorry)

Well fook ya and the beer keg ya rolled in on.:D I've been to Wexford and back! and this is the abuse I have to take as I sup my first one.:D

Well fook ya and the beer keg ya rolled in on.:D I've been to Wexford and back! and this is the abuse I have to take as I sup my first one.:D

Hope you got on ok with your friend, bloody nice of you. Still not retracting my remarks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Rockshore cider's not bad, though. Appropriately enough predictive text wanted that to be Rockshore "rider".

In bed listening to a very tired man making bizarre noises that go beyond anything that could be called mere snoring. It's very amusing but I might have to buy a lifetimes supply of earplugs before it stops being so funny:)

Hope you got on ok with your friend, bloody nice of you. Still not retracting my remarks :P

He broke down. Car towed to a local garage down there. Taxi fare was massive and I was apparently the only sober person to answer the phone. The fecker was drinking a pint when I got there.:eek:

Rockshore cider's not bad, though. Appropriately enough predictive text wanted that to be Rockshore "rider".

In bed listening to a very tired man making bizarre noises that go beyond anything that could be called mere snoring. It's very amusing but I might have to buy a lifetimes supply of earplugs before it stops being so funny:)

Quies ear plugs are the best. Well that's what Mrs G tells me.:D

• Advertisement

Haha i recorded the missus snoring the other night. :pac:

Haha i recorded the missus snoring the other night. :pac:

I once recorded myself to disprove Mrs Gs complaint. I failed and thats how I know the Quies are the best ear plug.

We both snore (or so i'm told) but luckily don't usually tend to annoy each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, having one of those nights (bad anxiety)

bedside, having one of those nights (bad anxiety)

Ack, sorry to hear that, hope it will ease in time..

We both snore (or so i'm told) but luckily don't usually tend to annoy each other.

One light sleeper is all it takes for it to go KABOOM!

Another Roc..., I mean lager type drink.:pac:

Enjoy yer drink :P

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Annnnnnnnd we are up again 🙄 I’m actually wreaked beyond wreaked at this stage
    Mabey I should have a wkd :)

Probably the last thing you need if baby sky is awake. :DNot surprised you're wrecked. Does the other half help out at all?

• Advertisement

You should the Oh up for a change, unfair that it's always you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement