Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Thanks Ted & Mam.I'm just glad I didn't post it in a serious thread. Also I don't have a dungeon. Just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I saw one about painting a dungeon somewhere.

Edit: It is in the TH thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111907786&postcount=585

Painting a dungeon?Well someone is getting their freak on.good times follow.Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks Ted & Mam.I'm just glad I didn't post it in a serious thread. Also I don't have a dungeon. Just in case.

You don't have a dungeon ?
    Dammit , there goes my thought of you as a Dominatrix :D
    (Am joking btw, before anyone gets offended !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You don't have a dungeon ?
    Dammit , there goes my thought of you as a Dominatrix :D
    (Am joking btw, before anyone gets offended !)

Maybe she uses the conservatory as the dominatrix room.

Adds an aspect of voyeurism to the act as well.

Painting a dungeon?Well someone is getting their freak on.good times follow.Ha!
    Im trying to achieve the authentic whorehouse look :D circa 1800s Paris. I'm still in the vital planning stages.

Mam, you wouldn't be the first if you thought that, seriously...used to be quite goth and they're one and the same thing to some people! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roomside........in denial that tomorrow is Monday........

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5f57644a74355448634d54536f413d3d2d3430383735343832352e313462633537313833656231356166363834303735383332373733382e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5f57644a74355448634d54536f413d3d2d3430383735343832352e313462633537313833656231356166363834303735383332373733382e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

**Bro-Hugs**

Only a 4 day week, but still not looking forward to it kickstarting.

Couchside channel hopping on the TV

My brother got engaged! Delighted for them, but inside, it kicks....... Am I
    terrible?
    I wouldn't ever show it & I am really happy for them..... Just makes me think too much about me & the ex.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    terrible?
    I wouldn't ever show it & I am really happy for them..... Just makes me think too much about me & the ex.......

Not terrible at all.

*hugs*

• Advertisement

Im trying to achieve the authentic whorehouse look :D circa 1800s Paris. I'm still in the vital planning stages.

Mam, you wouldn't be the first if you thought that, seriously...used to be quite goth and they're one and the same thing to some people! :D

Well then come visit my house after the paint scheme the missus suggested.You will see a whorehouse color scheme in all it's glory. Minus the red light out the front.Ha!

You're not terrible, I think That's completely natural Bubblypop.
    Was the same after my previous relationship ended. I see that one as a practise run now though! I wouldn't have believed at the time that I could feel that way again but I do.

I was only joking , and am glad you took it in the spirit it was meant !
    Let people think what they like is my motto , their imaginations probably ran riot when you were a goth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Started doing the going home shopping, lots of Nespresso, turkey stuffing and gravy, fresh Brussels sprouts, soda bread, Tayto, Quinoa etc etc etc.

Tomorrow is our last day here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

bubblypop wrote: »
    terrible?

Not at all. I always think that any announcements like that, obviously while we are really delighted for the people involved, kind of force us to review our own lives and where we are. My friend told me she was pregnant last week and while I’m genuinely delighted for her, I kind of freaked out a bit because by comparison my life is in the shltter lol. It’s perfectly natural, and it’s doesn’t make you a bad person or anything of the sort. Anyone who doesn’t compare is either lying or has their shlt firmly together :pac:

I’m at home. Just did some shopping in Aldi and the fridge is full. Gonna chill now and watch the toy show on record cos I missed it on Friday. Wine in hand obvs.

You're not terrible, I think That's completely natural Bubblypop.
    Was the same after my previous relationship ended. I see that one as a practise run now though! I wouldn't have believed at the time that I could feel that way again but I do.

Good for you in striving to be happy.To hell with anyone who tries to bring you down.They are just jealous of their own failings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

At home trying not to let Monday intrude on Sunday (distant rumblings of the Glenroes).

Your feelings are perfectly natural Bubblypop. It was the same when all around me were expecting babies and I just had miscarriages.

At home with my feet up, cosy and warm, enjoying the Christmas tree lights.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Started doing the going home shopping, lots of Nespresso, turkey stuffing and gravy, fresh Brussels sprouts, soda bread, Tayto, Quinoa etc etc etc.

When I was in the Balkans I always brought back parsnips & boxty!
    Very random, but my favorite things not available there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sitting in the Chinese waiting for my take away order

To thine own self be true

Did your house get sorted Smurfjed? It is hard to believe that your trip is over :rolleyes:

Eleysian wrote: »
    At home trying not to let Monday intrude on Sunday (distant rumblings of the Glenroes).

Sorry that was just me playing the glenroe theme down the road from you on the fiddle :o .

:pac:

• Advertisement

Sitting in the Chinese waiting for my take away order

What is on the menu?

Sorry that was just me playing the glenroe theme down the road from you on the fiddle :o .

:pac:

Best laugh of the day there Seph. Thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fireworks up the road from me earlier, on the way to the coalface now.

Listening to Bonnie Tyler "holding out for a hero" and mopping the kitchen floor. The glamour!

Nicole Sherzinger or whatever her name is ,just saw her singing on Xfactor and I think it should be renamed Xrated,I cant stand her anyway and if I was a man I definitely wouldn't, but seriously it's meant to be a family show,her outfit was horrendous..imo of course.

Did your house get sorted Smurfjed? It is hard to believe that your trip is over
    LOL, not every close, problem is that builder hasn’t delivered enough for the money that I have given him, so I can’t walk away from him. But I can see that happening once the extension is finally fitted with glass, unless this guy really gets his finger out.

26 days of hotels, really looking forward to getting back home to the wife’s cooking.

@Duvet..... just watched that performance and gotta say that she is HOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

But it isn’t?

What’s a Monday anyway?

[Setting alarm for Monday. :/]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hotel bar. Dinner drinkies and early night. Feckin freezin outside and I'm in Galway not the north pole.ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hotel bar. Dinner drinkies and early night. Feckin freezin outside and I'm in Galway not the north pole.ðŸ˜

Seconded, dunno how all the crowd are managing standing about in salthill looking at lights and fireworks. Will have to catch you for a pint ;)

• Advertisement

LOL, not every close, problem is that builder hasn’t delivered enough for the money that I have given him, so I can’t walk away from him. But I can see that happening once the extension is finally fitted with glass, unless this guy really gets his finger out.

26 days of hotels, really looking forward to getting back home to the wife’s cooking.

I was in my friends house Friday night, terrible old 70s bungalow. Done by the builder, start to finish, basically a new house, in less then 16 weeks.
    It's fabulous.
    Kick that builder up the ass! Tell him you're staying till its done.

But it isn’t?

What’s a Monday anyway?

If only that were true!

*sobs*

@Duvet..... just watched that performance and gotta say that she is HOT

I know lol,I just dont like her,total attention seeker imo,I still think that outfit is too much (or little) on that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Seconded, dunno how all the crowd are managing standing about in salthill looking at lights and fireworks. Will have to catch you for a pint ;)

You in Galway Grem! Never knew that. Feck it anyway. Up at 6.30 and heading out to Renvyle and more.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You in Galway Grem! Never knew that. Feck it anyway. Up at 6.30 and heading out to Renvyle and more.

Yup indeed, mostly avoiding the market and such!.

Deskside listening to the wireless

Will someone take that fiddle off Seph, I can hear a faint sound of the Glenroes here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’m operating on ignorance is bliss mode re work!

I'm in work AND ignoring it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Listening to Bonnie Tyler "holding out for a hero" and mopping the kitchen floor. The glamour!

Jennifer Saunders is my hero :D

Bonnie is still Lost in France

• Advertisement

OMG
    She can sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Heading bedside, just went outside for a look and there's a hard frost already after forming on the car, going to leave a bit earlier in the morning as the work commute could be dodgy so want to give myself plenty of time. Had a very successful weekend on the horses, €210 profit to be lodged in the credit union tomorrow for the holiday fund, happy days.

Gone Home , I love your holiday fund , may it continue to flourish and prosper for you !
    Tis feckin baltic here , even though the fire was lighting all day , heating going on for an hour now also :)

I'm not feeling the cold but everyone here has been saying how cold it is, and the butter in the drawer is too solid to spread which is unusual. So I guess it's Baltic here too.

Not doing a lot here just thinking about the few jobs I have to do tomorrow.

Watching Pat Shortt Music on d'telly,plenty fiddling on it,its hard to beat a bit of Irish music,I love the Fureys and they look so young on it..I'm also ignoring the Glenroes here.

Big mug of tae time.. I have the decembers here.. It's a weird ould time of year..

• Advertisement

3 weeks til it starts getting brighter every day thanks be to jeepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

''Tis Baltic down here too and I'm watching I'm a celeb and the spiders are freakin me out, I feel for
    Ian now

Autosport wrote: »
    ''Tis Baltic down here too and I'm watching I'm a celeb and the spiders are freakin me out, I feel for
    Ian now

Feck Ian
    He's an asshole

I am now readin the cast list of i'm a celeb. :o

Sweet dreams one and all. Early start in the morning and got to do a look see with the frosty driving conditions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement