Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Just awake from a long restorative sleep. Wondering where I am and what I should be doing?! When I sit up I feel dizzy so I am going to lie back down and take it hsndy as they say!!! Not fit for much else. Evening all folks.

Alecto wrote: »
    In a glass case of emotion.

I went and got my hair done even though I would have preferred to get my eyes gouged out. Treated myself to a bagel. Then went to Tesco and got chocolate, crisps, pizza, vodka and cider. Sweet, sweet food and alcohol. I will eat and drink every feeling.

I've been doing this for the last few weeks..... Now I'm getting very fat & it's even more depressing :)
    So diet & getting fit will be my New Year resolution

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside but............I think a cupan is needed!
    honeybear wrote: »
    Tired Bumbóg after a busy day. Fireside with the feet up.

I hope the christmas trees are behaving themselves honeybear?
    Eleysian wrote: »
    Just awake from a long restorative sleep. Wondering where I am and what I should be doing?! When I sit up I feel dizzy so I am going to lie back down and take it hsndy as they say!!! Not fit for much else. Evening all folks.

Mind yourself x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Seph, the Christmas trees are gas ... we had to repeat their “dance” after rehearsal because one of the trees was repeatedly complaining that another tree was banging into him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I now have my Christmas Tree!
    It's 3/4 way to being put together and branches straightened out , coffee break time feck it :)

Eleysian , really hope you're on the mend soon , mind yourself and take it as easy as you can .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In this bed thing. Might stay a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab. Soon to move to pool for laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Watching YT. Last of the shopping done apart from the folks. They have everything they need they'll say, a night away voucher beckons... again:-)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Holmfirth Picturedrome

Expecting Batty Nora to take the stage in another hour or so...

And here he is, wishing it could be Christmas everyday....

497433.JPG

The venture continues tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Looks like it’s synthetic vit D for me, because If I end up with osteoporosis I’ll be demanding a loyalty card from a and e.

I’m in work. Sun free and feeling good

It’s actually not so bad once you get into the habit of taking it. I’m on it myself because I have something similar to osteoporosis and because being an adult and all, having broken bones would be mighty inconvenient.

I’m in the leaba, will be heading to sleep very soon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside eating mash, it is my destiny to be a potato i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Deskside eating mash, it is my destiny to be a potato i think.

*knows what to send grem for chrimbo*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hahaha sure i'd only be cribbing about the price!

Right, kettle is on, place your orders (where is everyone, i lonely)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’d love a coffee Grem! Doggies walked. Cats fed. I’m drenched!

Order up!. Nice moon during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...So here it is Merry Christmas everybody's having fun, look to the future now, it's only just begun...

Morning all,

Raining cats and dogs 6C

Kitchen trying to wake up, I couldn't warm myself yesterday I hope I'm not getting some bug.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oh the weather outside is frightful, and my bed is so delightful.
    Off to work I go, here me moan, here me moan, here me moan ..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

T'was snowing as I drove back from Holmfirth to Glossop last night

Currently at Costa, Woolley Edge Services, M1 NB

Just woke up,went into a coma last night I think and I still feel shattered, no work tf,meeting my friend in Costa(not beasty lol)shortly if I can drag myself out of the leaba. I could sleep for a week.

• Advertisement

On the bus reading about serial killers. Hopefully a trip to costa today or tomorrow for the praline something something coffee..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've a later start today. Nice to wake up to daylight. Looking out of the window at birds nest in bare branches, the sheen of wet rooves and smoky clouds drifting above. Another few months and this is over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the bus reading about serial killers. Hopefully a trip to costa today or tomorrow for the praline something something coffee..

Hopefully not taking notes there Grem.

Deskside with a bowl of porridge.

OMG such a terrible day out there....... Walk time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, still hotel time for me but changed rooms last night as the other one had a drainage smell, its only day 6 so I can’t start to complain just yet :)

Headingley Stadium

It’s a bit soggy out there right enough.
    I got in to work nice and early hoping to leave nice and early but my damned brain forgot about a late meeting I need to be at. So a long day ahead.

Visiting some former mud people today (really, they were locally known as the mud people, when I was a child). I need to talk to one in particular for something I want to write about. I like taking my oh for a walk on the barking mad side. They're late risers so we won't rock up for a few hours yet.Some soggy outdoor jobs to do in the meantime. If this keeps up we'll need diving suits

Morning all. Finally awake after a long, long sleep. Don’t think I will be going back to work until Monday. Thank you lovely AHhourers for good wishes. When the chips are down you realise that simple things matter like a good cup of tea made for you. Have a good day one and all!!!

• Advertisement

The home of British Cycling

you didn't get to enjoy Leeds for long Beasty!!

Beasty wrote: »
    The home of British Cycling

You are in Halfords?!

On the way out the door to the car -side.

Pointless, unexplained anxiety attack. It's physical symptoms triggered by nothing, arriving when you're not under any stress; having a nice day, and have a calm mind?! Sore beaten-with-iron-bars feeling, wheeze chest, cold sweat, vague sense of doom.Delayed reaction to recent stress, maybe.

Or too much of Seph's magnificent coffee :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Auto was a busy little bee today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just in from out, was at the post office sending off my nieces dolly, I met a black kitten (they looked very young) on the way home and spent about 30 mins playing with them :3 who knew a blade of grass could give a kitten great entertainment :3.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    you didn't get to enjoy Leeds for long Beasty!!

Rain stopped play. Now in the Trafford Centre

We didn't find the people I was looking for...they weren't at home or we werent at the right place, but we had an interesting afternoon and good lunch. It's quite dark out...longing for fresh spring days :(

Tonight there is a COLD MOON, first time that I have heard of this, but it looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just in from out, was at the post office sending off my nieces dolly, I met a black kitten (they looked very young) on the way home and spent about 30 mins playing with them :3 who knew a blade of grass could give a kitten great entertainment :3.

Seph , have you ever thought of working with animals ? You'd be a natural at it , imo .

Back in again , cooker starting to light up , cuppa in hand , it's the little things :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seph , have you ever thought of working with animals ? You'd be a natural at it , imo

You are so right Mam about Seph.
    Awake again but this is a h**r of a dose. I,would like to feel better now thank you very much.

• Advertisement

Bedside with tea.

Off to Paris tomorrow night, was wondering if I could go the whole month without a beer, but it doesn’t look like it.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Tonight there is a COLD MOON, first time that I have heard of this, but it looks nice.

I love Hunters Moon & Flower Moon.

Sofa side post dinner, feeling like one of those snakes right after it swallowed a whole goat. With the obligatory Barry's tea...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at work, winding down for the day. Just a couple of emails to respond to and I'm off home!

Have to get ready & go to town. Very last thing I want to do, but have people staying with me tonight, so have to meet them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Up in the Big Schmoke staying with my sister for a couple of days. Going to the cinema at 9 but I'm already nodding off on her recliner couch with a blanket on me :D

The Theatre of Dreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair-side watching the Arsenal game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Off to work last night shift for a few days, and try not to constantly check on the UK election results coming in, off the weekend, to probably drown my sorrows after the results are in.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Just in the door, soaked to the bone. Stopped at the pavilions to collect a few bits she'd ordered for collection. Two largish paper bags, but nothing heavy. It started to piss from the heavens as I was heading for my bus. I got to the bus shelter and lit a smoke, and put the bags down like a dope. Bus approaches and when I pick up the bags the arse fell out of one of them. Stuff ruined. Hopefully they'll change the stuff tomorrow for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement