Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Have been abandoned by the family (parents visiting, brothers panic shopping) so I'm getting a head start on dinner prep for tomorrow. Two hams pre-boiling with aromatics on the stove, spuds, carrots, and parsnips for 12 peeled and chopped, and about to make a start on the stuffing, turkey, and lamb. All with Christmas carols blaring in the background. Going to head out to my great uncles' house for our traditional Christmas Eve lunch in about half an hour. Have a lovely day, all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am lol here at all the bj references , and so early in the day too !
    One way to put a smile on someone's face I'd say though :p

Happy Christmas Eve folks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bedside about to get up. Happy to hear Witchie and Duvet had such exciting hair appointments. I'm sorry I didn't leave mine until today ... :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jaysus I thought we were wild in the salon giving out prosecco :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am so out of the loop, had no idea today was trim and bj day for the ladies :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jaysus I thought we were wild in the salon giving out prosecco :D

You'll have to up your game next year, think of all the tips!

About to get my mind out of the gutter and start the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m armchair side with a slight headache (may or may not be alcohol related :o)

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

As the only born and bred sort of 'full atheist' Im trying to be around for anyone who believes in and loves Christmas but can't participate for various reasons. It's honestly another day to me and people close to me having days off is the only bit that piques my interest. I get an odd, impatient feeling ; I want to push through to the new year so we can start doing things again. Its nice to see people filled with the Christmas spirit, nevertheless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Afternoon all. Long time no see. :D currently bedside thinking of all I have to do for tomorrow. 12 for dinner, 10 for santy tonight and I've decided to buck tradition and cook the 8kg turkey overnight.
    Should be interesting.
    Happy Christmas all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm going to visit a friend in a bit who is having a difficult time this Christmas then home to do nothing. It's a low key Christmas for us this year, no fuss but that's exactly how I want it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You'll have to up your game next year, think of all the tips!

About to get my mind out of the gutter and start the day.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's me done with the internet for today! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, hoping to be 'going homeside' soon.

Fekkin Clients sending in random sh1te on Christmas Eve. I swear they have a quota of this stuff to do on their side & only realise met them.

Just ferried a few baskets of fuel in. Listening to the Sebastian Bohm version of Blue Monday.
    Looking for more physical stuff to do. All the sitting onone's bottom soupify's my brain.

cbyrd wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Long time no see. :D currently bedside thinking of all I have to do for tomorrow. 12 for dinner, 10 for santy tonight and I've decided to buck tradition and cook the 8kg turkey overnight.
    Should be interesting.
    Happy Christmas all.

Delighted to see your post cbyrd,was wondering how things were with you, still keeping busy I see lol,hope you have a fantastic Christmas and that all is good with the little man x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

cbyrd wrote: »
    Should be interesting.
    Happy Christmas all.
    also delighted to see you post. Merry Christmas

Inject the turkey with butter and soy sauce, set the oven to 150 degrees and leave it cook for about 10 hours, works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wishing you all the best cbyrd

Table side having veg soup and sriracha sauce made by my younger brother 😸

Wishing you all the best cbyrd

Table side having veg soup and sriracha sauce made by my younger brother 😸

Soup with sauce? Interesting, I've added cream, cheese, croutons and oil but sriracha, hmm, review please :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Soup with sauce? Interesting, I've added cream, cheese, croutons and oil but sriracha, hmm, review please :)

It was delicious, Well I gave him the idea for it 😎

may or may not be true 😛😃

I keep meaning to try Worcester on my minestrone but I forget..

I keep meaning to try Worcester on my minestrone but I forget..

*Steals idea and gives to brother*

😛😃

• Advertisement

*Steals idea and gives to brother*

😛ðŸ˜႒

Seasonal spirit there! :p

Seasonal spirit there! :p

🤣🤣😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Driving home for Christmas :) finally finished at the coalface and thank god for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    Driving home for Christmas :) finally finished at the coalface and thank god for that :)

*cue Chris Rea*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Homeward bound, watching Home Alone on the RTE Player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just after doing a few rounds with my pet pooch washing her after my lovely sister clipped her. She’s as cute as a button after it but has gone into hiding from the hairdryer! I’ve given up and am having a coffee.

Im currently balmed out on the couch and my favourite biyeen grabbed his book and wanted to come up to me and cuddled into me while we looked at his twinkle twinkle little star book :o

In the carpark having a stress before going to shops. I am seriously broke. Like 'how am I going to make ends meet' broke.
    Le sigh.

I’m after such a stressful day lord Jesus get me home quick so I can open my wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hibernating today and wallowing in self pity. Have had a very tough few years and need to let the tears flow now and again. I am usually able to keep up a positive outlook and will be fine again after a few hours. But i feel so alone today and miss my child and husband both of whom have died much too soon.

Tomorrow I will face the world again, but tonight I need solitude.
    I admire so many posters here who battle away and have more issues than I have.

Hope everyone sees Christmas through in peace.

• Advertisement

wildwillow wrote: »
    Hibernating today and wallowing in self pity. Have had a very tough few years and need to let the tears flow now and again. I am usually able to keep up a positive outlook and will be fine again after a few hours. But i feel so alone today and miss my child and husband both of whom have died much too soon.

So sorry to hear that WW

*Hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heartbreaking post wildwillow ... thinking of you & anyone else struggling

Wild Willow ... my heart goes out to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

wildwillow wrote: »

Very sorry to hear that

honeybear wrote: »
    Just after doing a few rounds with my pet pooch washing her after my lovely sister clipped her. She’s as cute as a button after it but has gone into hiding from the hairdryer! I’ve given up and am having a coffee.

Need NEED a pic please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting with a coffee and a smoke , all gone home with the little ladies , all tired and hyped and excited for Santa. I love Christmas Eve , it's when we are all together at the one time :)

Must remember to buy a bigger ham next year , there's none left for tomorrow :D
    (Daughter cooking one tonight , crisis averted !)

I was running around most of the day. At home with a beer now enjoying the quiet before my lot get home from work.

I am very sorry wildwillow xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

So sorry as well wildwillow. Thinking of you and anyone else who’s struggling.

Homeside waiting for dinner. We decided we’d go all out and have fillet steak for dinner. Very excited for it and all the food I’ll eat over the next few days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ham cooked. Little G showered and Christmas Eve box opened. Music playing. Sitting at home bar enjoying a beer. But as its christmas my sibling is up to the usual crap with my parents. Invited them this evening and all we got was hall a hour. I invited my folks for Stephens day dinner
    Got turned down. But the pox head sister is running the show so what's the point. That's where they' ll be now and Thursday.

But chez G is bigger than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So very sorry WildWillow ((hugs)) xxxx

Thinking of some posters who I haven't seen post in ages xxxxx

WW, you mind yourself and have whatever sort of day that you will be able to cope with. You are of course always welcome to post in here, everyone is lovely and you can be as grumpy or happy or sad as you want!

I’m at home drinking wine from the bottle, wouldn’t be like me

I'm home, Shhhh, I left a wee bit early!!
    Will have some wine myself soon I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Home after a busy but very fun Christmassy day. Met great people and listened to great tales of bygone days.

Relaxing now with a drink and some Star Wars nonsense on TV.

A happy Christmas to all and thank you for the company, laughs, and bewilderment all year. You're a tonic.🎅🎄🍾🤶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Sitting by the tree. Beer in hand. Classical music of the Christmas variety playing. Aside from the lights on the tree the only other lights are two candle holders which belonged to my great grandmother and I only light them Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas folks.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm home, Shhhh, I left a wee bit early!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5843462

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

At home, teetering on the ledge between Christmas bliss and deep despair as to the absence of my parents.

That being said, I nailed my family's traditional Christmas dinner, so at least the smells of Christmas past are there :) The Christmas playlist helps as well ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Ah Christmas. The strangest time of year.

Listening to Rhianna's "Umbrella". It's a beautiful song.

Thinking of my fiancee and how work might be for him tonight.

Time for a nicotine infusion :)

Couch side with tea and crisp sambos.

After a crap few days I'm feeling a bit better. I just had a lovely phone call with my mother in law, she always knows the right thing to say to make me cheer up. I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Home also.
    Didn't stir today, had a rest after a lot of going all week.
    Going to start cutting the vegetables now to be ready for tomorrow.
    Happy Christmas Eve friends xx

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement