Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aperitif time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Pretzill wrote: »
    I remember many years ago ........

Cant be that many years ago..........for most of my life wages were paid in cash ( with the option of being paid by cheque ) every friday.

@Sephers, you have every right to be very very P****d off about this.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Homeward bound for weekend.

Well deserved after a hard weeks moding.

Do Boards pay* you by the week or month ?

* "pay" as in Beasty type Costa vouchers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finished up at the tech desk. Did a solid 9 hours and ate on the job. Uploading now. That will keep that particular hierarchy busy this weekend.:D

On the road tomorrow to the sunny south east for a few hours graft to keep a different hierarchy happy. Weather forecast looks great.:cool: For now its a modest few early beers and some striploin steak later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

0lddog wrote:
    Do Boards pay* you by the week or month ?

If I told you how much, you wouldn't believe me.

I never said what mode of transport I'm using to get home.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Homeward bound for weekend.

Checks cameras are operating there :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roomside

On the way home from work......another day another dollar :3.

I should change this too "another day another mug they got free labor off of"

Temporarily homeside before heading out again for grocery shopping, just checked and the alcohol stock pile is nearly critical levels.

Seph, you money might be through now, something it takes til close of business.

Still nothing in there 😔

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside in my living room, tired after a very busy but productive day. Looking out at the beautiful Phoenix Park through my patio doors - beautiful September evening! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Oh Dear! Out of beauty salon thinking she went a bid mad with the spray gun ...

honeybear wrote: »
    Oh Dear! Out of beauty salon thinking she went a bid mad with the spray gun ...

Golden bear or more of a Bronzed bear ;)

• Advertisement

Heading out the door shortly, will definitely be home early tonight, 10.30 is my curfew, have a lovely evening lads,vino posts later no doubt 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitchenside making dinner. Heading to the cinema with my friends later tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

0lddog wrote: »
    Cant be that many years ago..........for most of my life wages were paid in cash ( with the option of being paid by cheque ) every friday.

@Sephers, you have every right to be very very P****d off about this.

It was over 20 years ago - does that count as many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed fuming, a relation had asked me to do her a favour today (no other day suited) I said I would have to see and today, I couldn’t do it. She didn’t have the manners to respond to what I said, message was read and ignored. However, she commented on a post I made last night where I had tagged myself and luckiest man being out for dinner and she said “thought you were busy?”
    A) the ****ing cheek of her.
    B) she used my mother and had my mother doing things for her. My mother got sick on the Friday before she died and was not well enough to do something for this woman, text her and told her sorry but I can’t, I’m unwell (seriously unwell as it ended up happening) and this relation didn’t text her back to even ask how she was, sulking because she was let down. The next time she saw my mam was while she laying dying in ICU, racked with guilt.
    C) I work so very very hard and at almost 31 I don’t need to explain my whereabouts or agenda for the day when I take a day to myself, get to ****.

I was 18 when my mother died, my little brother was 16. It’ll be 13 years this year. Not once did any of my mothers family offer to do anything for me or my brother in the past 13 years, it was always my dads nieces that made sure we weren’t alone for Xmas, or that would check in on us making sure we’re okay. I am absolutely livid at the absolute nerve of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Cut her out of your life Shoes, no one needs that crap. Sorry to hear about your mother, must have been awful when you were both so young.

Oh she’s cut, I only hear from her if she wants something or someone dies on their side and she thinks I should go the the funeral but I apply the same logic.
    That’s why I didn’t commit to today and the cheek of her to try catch me out on Facebook. I am not my mother I won’t justify why I can’t/won’t do things. Gittt ta fuuck. Thanks for the kind words �� x

It was over 20 years ago - does that count as many?

'Suppose
    :o Lady D died over 20 years ago ... and that still seems like yesterday to me :o

I'm homeside :)

Feeling a little sad that I won't be able to enjoy the booze/food filled craic that happens here later. Its always a great read including the innuendo.:D I'll be late in tomorrow night and you'll all be scuttered drunk. So many Summer Saturday nights/very early Sunday mornings, I've spent on this thread just waiting and waiting, I'll post and then more waiting and waiting.:D

Enjoy your weekend folks. Try to be happy. Eat, drink, watch TV, be merry and stay cool. Be safe and be nice too!

'Suppose
    :o Lady D died over 20 years ago ... and that still seems like yesterday to me :o

I'm homeside :)

22 years ago she died. I was driving to Cork on a Sunday morning listening to the news on the radio. I really don't feel like it was yesterday.:( Wish it was. Wish I had a time machine.:eek:

That said I appreciate and love how it seems like yesterday to you. The years seem to get quicker after you turn 30 odd.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

'Suppose

I know Olddog the years are just flying by - thinking on - It might 30 years ago - it was late 80's and the first time I'd ever got wages paid directly into the bank (American company) - That was probably how it got all messed up! There's no excuse for it nowadays but there are still blunders :o

I know Olddog the years are just flying by - thinking on - It might 30 years ago - it was late 80's and the first time I'd ever got wages paid directly into the bank (American company) - That was probably how it got all messed up! There's no excuse for it nowadays but there are still blunders :o

First time I ever got paid money into my bank was my student ESF grant in 1990. That's the European Social Fund Grant to the younger people. I had a part time job in Xtravision back then as well and was paid in cash from the till.:eek: A few months later, Xtravision was taken over by an American company and I had to pay tax and my wages went into the bank weekly.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I was 18 when my mother died, my little brother was 16. It’ll be 13 years this year. Not once did any of my mothers family offer to do anything for me or my brother in the past 13 years, it was always my dads nieces that made sure we weren’t alone for Xmas, or that would check in on us making sure we’re okay. I am absolutely livid at the absolute nerve of her.

Very sorry for your loss Shoes. You haven't had an easy time of it at all. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Grandeeod wrote: »
    22 years ago she died. I was driving to Cork on a Sunday morning listening to the news on the radio. I really don't feel like it was yesterday.:( Wish it was. Wish I had a time machine.:eek:

That said I appreciate and love how it seems like yesterday to you. The years seem to get quicker after you turn 30 odd.:D

I went into labour the night Diana had her crash. We drove from Carrickmacross to Dublin listening to news updates in shock. Went into the rotunda knowing she had died. Was in labour all day. Then at about 7 in the evening, it just stopped. Wee a$$hole wasn't born until the 7th of October.

Am drunk as fook. Found my tribe in KL. A group that of amazing people in a cool venuzelan bar bear my house. A few weeks before I leave. Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

First time I ever got paid money into my bank was my student ESF grant in 1990. That's the European Social Fund Grant to the younger people. I had a part time job in Xtravision back then as well and was paid in cash from the till.:eek: A few months later, Xtravision was taken over by an American company and I had to pay tax and my wages went into the bank weekly.:eek:

I remember when I first came to this country, our salaries were paid by cheque and our local bank literally had a big written ledger, the guy would do the credits/debits by hand, we then had to take papers from that guy to the teller for cash and another guy for bank drafts. Considering that everyone using that bank branch got paid on the same day, this whole process took half a day.

Now the whole process is done by a phone APP in seconds.

How times flies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My love, we will go, we will go, I and you
    and away in the woods, we will scatter the dew

Watching the open fire with himself. Well he's also watching tv and I'm watching him haha. He took a photo and in it there's a violet blur floating in front of the fire. No trickery, honest

(The above Yeats poem was all we could think of when trying to recall the one about the old man nodding asleep beside his fire, thinking about his lost love...anyone want to help with the name? doesn't count as cheating if not google

• Advertisement

Hens & ducks safe and sound from Mr. Fox. Chillin waiting for first batch of lovely family visitors to arrive very late tonight. (My tan is developing at an alarming rate!)

smurfjed wrote: »
    ......this whole process took half a day.......

Yup, thats how it was here and didnt the lads negotiate paid time off for it :D

Shutting down laptop. I may change to my phone. Mrs G and little G are doing a late night Friday. I'm doing an early night Friday and early Saturday morning. Story of my life!

Had striploin steak with champ, peas and pepper sauce. Twas delish. All Ireland football final replay tomorrow. I'll see bits of it or all of it depending on how work goes. Nervy!

Stay cool folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Watching the open fire with himself. Well he's also watching tv and I'm watching him haha. He took a photo and in it there's a violet blur floating in front of the fire. No trickery, honest

(The above Yeats poem was all we could think of when trying to recall the one about the old man nodding asleep beside his fire, thinking about his lost love...anyone want to help with the name? doesn't count as cheating if not google

When you are old and grey and full of sleep
    And nodding by the fire
    Take down this book and slowly read and dream of the soft look your eyes had once...

That’s all I can remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Back in for the night now , anyone see the moon tonight ?( it's a bit hard to miss it in all honesty :D ) Absolutely stunning , love nights like this !

Maybe I'm just a werewolf :p

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Back in for the night now , anyone see the moon tonight ?( it's a bit hard to miss it in all honesty :D ) Absolutely stunning , love nights like this !

Maybe I'm just a werewolf :p

Glad I'm in bed! Mrs G goes nuclear during a full moon. May the TV be good to her tonight!

Glad I'm in bed! Mrs G goes nuclear during a full moon. May the TV be good to her tonight!

Does she like Dermot?

Ha , it's the week leading up to it that affects this house , downward spiral , but once it's full , happiness (of a sort!) returns :)

Is Grem ok ? Or have I just missed her posts?

Does she like Dermot?

I doubt it honey! Her and little G are thick as thieves downstairs watching something on netflix.

Sure Dermot has enough admirers!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha , it's the week leading up to it that affects this house , downward spiral , but once it's full , happiness (of a sort!) returns :)

Is Grem ok ? Or have I just missed her posts?

I have a nice pic for grem but not seen her these last few nights.

Does she like Dermot?

Who’s after my man :P

I’m now couchside for the evening patiently waiting for Dermot :D

I have a nice pic for grem but not seen her these last few nights.

I hope she's ok , I wasn't sure if I just wasn't seeing her posts or not tbh .

Poochie05 wrote: »

When you are old and grey and full of sleep
    And nodding by the fire
    Take down this book and slowly read and dream of the soft look your eyes had once...

That’s all I can remember!

Thank you so much, that's actually made me so happy :)

I think Grem is on holidays the last week.

Autosport wrote: »
    I think Grem is on holidays the last week.

Thanks Auto :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How's the ankle Auto, hope it's not disrupting the stalking. Lucky you have the cameras really.

Anyone else really tired?

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Maybe I'm just a werewolf

Back in the olden days I used to turn into a wolf on full moon nights but happily I don't have that problem nnowwwwooooooo.... :D

At a restaurant drinking wine, it’ll either kill me or cure me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

How's the ankle Auto, hope it's not disrupting the stalking. Lucky you have the cameras really.

I am actually. Busy day picking apples and digging vegetables. Everything seemed to be ready for harvesting at once.

Sitting with a wee G&T now.

At a restaurant drinking wine, it’ll either kill me or cure me

On a couch drinking wine. Cheers Shoes :D

This awesome harvest moon is shining through the branches of my mystery tree right outside my window. Killarney Strawberry tree is the best guess. Anyway. Got my legs over his lap, a book on my kindle app (the king's witch), no pressure or need to constantly talk, or constantly pay unswerving attention to him and we could both sleep like this here near the fire. No alcohol needed to relax us either. Truly peaceful, floaty and deeply happy for the first time in a long time.

Ankle is better thanks, didn’t use the crutches today and nothing comes between me and my stalking ;):D

I’m abit errmm Bannon, Tubs and Gavin :eek:

I am actually. Busy day picking apples and digging vegetables. Everything seemed to be ready for harvesting at once.

No Tiffin :eek:

Levi Scary Disk don’t let me down ;)

Shoes you enjoy your wine :)

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

:)

May there be many more of them
    I'm heading bedside, y'all behave. There is to be no perving of poor Dermot

• Advertisement

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

:)

May there be many more of them
    I'm heading bedside, y'all behave. There is to be no perving of poor Dermot

Sorry OD but I can’t guarantee anything ;)

Still couchside munching on taytos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement