Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Strange what pops into your head .
    (Well , mine anyway !)

Murcurochrome .
    For cuts and grazes , applied with a feather :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Jaysus I'm like a pig in sh!te with the moon tonight lads. I'm tempted to head down to the beach. :D sense will prevail and I'll head to bed thankfully :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    (Well , mine anyway !)

Murcurochrome .
    Keep off that gin, there Mam.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Still couchside munching on taytos

I approve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jaysus I'm like a pig in sh!te with the moon tonight lads. I'm tempted to head down to the beach. :D sense will prevail and I'll head to bed thankfully :pac:

BRING ME BRING ME
    I’m home now, ready to get myself into some devilment. No Xanax tonight. I was on deaths door all day, so devilment but not too much.

• Advertisement

Wizzy , go to the beach and take some pics , moon and sea , perfect combination , magical !

Purple Mountain , you haven't lived until you've had the red stuff applied to a graze on your knee :p

Mam, I thought you'd made that murco thingy up, I've never heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch having a nice cup of tea. Went to see IT Chapter 2 tonight with my friends, it was pretty good :)

Geez not a hope would I make something up Leggy :(

I think it got taken off the market years ago as there was Mercury or something in it . Although it could be back new and improved at this point !

That brings me back Mam of 4! Made with mercury. Banned in most places now.

They used to nearly bathe us in it when I was a kid :D My mother thought it cured everything, and would pull it out at the hint of a scratch on you :pac:

• Advertisement

We got germolene or TCP, you'd smell it for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I remember iodine (that was red too) was that the same stuff Mam? It was like an antiseptic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

(Well , mine anyway !)

Murcurochrome .

Effing iodine though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night all, I’m off to have a quick peek in at Ted and Seph ;):D

Cali_girl wrote: »
    That brings me back Mam of 4! Made with mercury. Banned in most places now.

They used to nearly bathe us in it when I was a kid :D My mother thought it cured everything, and would pull it out at the hint of a scratch on you :pac:

Exactly !!
    Out would come the bottle and the white feather and you'd get painted with it , hilarious :D

Leggy , ye were posh getting Germolene :p
    TCP , vile stuff , you'd stink for a week with that alright !

We got germolene or TCP, you'd smell it for days.

Couchside, and I swear I can feel the TCP smell just from reading your sentence:eek:

Mercurochrome stained your skin a weird orangey brown for a few days. A high cred badge of honour amongst the street hardened under10 crowd back in the day... :P

Exactly !!
    Out would come the bottle and the white feather and you'd get painted with it , hilarious :D

Leggy , ye were posh getting Germolene :p
    TCP , vile stuff , you'd stink for a week with that alright !

Ha ha we're in sync tonight Mam!

Pretzill wrote: »
    I remember iodine (that was red too) was that the same stuff Mam? It was like an antiseptic.

I'm not certain , am open to correction Pretzill but I think they were two different things ? Probably done the same job , and I know I got the spelling of it wrong also , sorry :o

Grem , good to see you :)

Ha ha we're in sync tonight Mam!

Definitely are Cali Girl , must be the effects of the moon :D

Leaba time, night wherers.

• Advertisement

In stitches here now texting my mother: her other 70's / 80's obsession was DabItOff. Also now banned...

I swear it came out for everything too, it was like she had Mercurochrome in one pocket and DabItOff in the other. DabItOff was a weird solvent (carcinogenic) stain remover that cam in a little glass bottle with a wee cushiony dispenser thing on top. Worked on EVERYTHING. Curtains, couch, carpets, clothes, I think the poor dog used to get it on occasion.

Surprised we've lasted this long with all the chemicals and bad 70's 80's food :D

In stitches here now texting my mother: her other 70's / 80's obsession was DabItOff. Also now banned...

I swear it came out for everything too, it was like she had Mercurochrome in one pocket and DabItOff in the other. DabItOff was a weird solvent (carcinogenic) stain remover that cam in a little glass bottle with a wee cushiony dispenser thing on top. Worked on EVERYTHING. Curtains, couch, carpets, clothes, I think the poor dog used to get it on occasion.

Surprised we've lasted this long with all the chemicals and bad 70's 80's food :D

That's brilliant , although I've never heard of it tbh !
    It's crazy alright isn't it ? Your mam probably made the hot poultices (sp?)too :D

That's brilliant , although I've never heard of it tbh !
    It's crazy alright isn't it ? Your mam probably made the hot poultices (sp?)too :D

Seriously, I do remember a weird paste for chicken pox? Probably the same one the horses legs got when they were tired/banged up :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh calamine lotion nonsense for chicken pox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I'm sleepy, oh.. so... zzzzzz.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

On the luas and a bit wobbly...

Seriously, I do remember a weird paste for chicken pox? Probably the same one the horses legs got when they were tired/banged up :D

Lol , don't know anything about horses Cali !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chill'n poolside after swimming laps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for bed 😴😴

• Advertisement

Heading for bed 😴😴
    Did you check your bank account after midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On my sofa annoyed. Washing machine seems to have decided to pack it in halfway through a wash. Can't get it open now. Need my clothes too. Dammit.

Surprisingly unhungover after a night of beers, margaritas and tequila shots. Do it all over in a few hours while watching Liverpool play. I love when games are 7.30 here instead of midnight. Gives me an excuse for a few early pints and can get drunk after the game. Yeeeooo!

Work drudge
    Look like another lovely day weather wise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

God I miss the old pink stinky Germolene ointment, cured all cuts and got thorns out overnight. The version we get these days is a pale imitation and useless.

Morning all, brekkie then a walk. Shaping up to be a beautiful day. Have a good Saturday folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, I get to go to work today so totally happy, and will be home in time for kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dogs walked. Cats fed. It’s a beautiful morning. Happy Saturday All!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Kitchenside with a coffee deciding what to do for the rest of the day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Beautiful morning for a run and a swim, so guess what ol' Mak is doing in awhile :)

Might get a BBQ on for the game.. I'm on a 24 hour shift tomorrow so won't be over doing it with the BBQ and beers.

Beautiful morning and looking out over Portmarnock, the sea is like a mirror!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Homeside. Just saw off himself. He has work today and tonight and my ex is coming over today. The complete opposite kind of person. Thinking of trying new age sage smudging to get rid if his evil vibes when he leaves :D

I'm going to need coffee now...lots of strooong coffee

Forgot to say, anyone notice a green tint to the moon and its halo?

Ps.For thorns or splinters, you can apply fat. Olive oil, vegetable oil, butter etc. A rasher of bacon rubbed over the puncture is traditional :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's a beautiful day out there, so lots going to be done. Not sure exactly what or when but I suspect a good old fashioned busy day ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a breakfast in bed day for me. Got a blank slate to work with today which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...there's a strength in being together like a steel bar that won't bend, never mind the strangers cos I'll always be your friend...

Morning all

It's a nice sunny morning 9C

Couchside with tea, scrambled eggs soon I think

Seven Worlds will Collide

All my gang are just gone for the day,I made packed lunches and breakfast for them ,silent house here now and I'm back in the leaba for 5mins,feeling great,think I might go for a bit of retail therapy and then tackle the house later and watch the match, out again tonight...what a gorgeous day ,the weather definitely lifts the spirits..have a great one lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just back in from a walk it's a lovely day. Deskside now as there's still work to be done this week - Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

My favourite day of the week. And all the sweeter when there's lovely weather like today. Have a good one lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A couple of cars washed and gleaming. Coffee is brewing, so time for a break with Java, biscuits, and a book in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Glorious day out there, got a two mile walk done at 8.30, been tipping away at gardening/outdoor jobs since, just in now for a ham and cheese sandwich and a cuppa. Want to get all my jobs done by about 4.30 to get in and showered before heading out to the local to watch the Kerry/Dublin replay.

Afternoon all, lazy day ahead of a BBQ and drinks, perfect drinking weather today.

I am in deepest Ballsbridge.

Go on Kerry!! :D

I am in deepest Balls.
    Fixed your post, Perse, you minx. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement