Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Only had a couple of beers so it makes the difference.

Same as that, had a handy few pints in the local watching the match and home in bed by 9.30. Got my two mile walk in this morning, heading to town now, put on a few bets on the racing, buy the Sunday papers and pick up something tasty from the deli for dinner later, nice relaxed Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downstairs feeling a bit loopy after all the coffee I had 🤪🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At an antiques fair and tempted to stress my flexible friend. Like really stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roadtrip time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

At an antiques fair and tempted to stress my flexible friend. Like really stress.

Watching Bargain Hunt atm. What are you thinking of bidding on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Roadtrip time :)

Where are we going?

Where are we going?

Crossing border lines :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kitchenside debating what to make for Lunch, then going to settle down to watch the Curragh Racing. Hope to have some luck:D

Crossing border lines :D

I'll bring my passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Downstairs feeling a bit loopy after all the coffee I had 🀪🀪

No change there then...

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll bring my passport.

You'll need at the border to get into rebel land ........that's where she's headed ...

I'm in Dunnes

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No change there then...

:P

Oh you boys...😛

Troops fed,4fm on,loads to do but feeling lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Quiet day pottering & tidying. Much needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside enjoying listening to tunes on my new toy! Nice Sunday! :D

You'll need at the border to get into rebel land ........that's where she's headed ...

I'm in Dunnes

Yea and Seph I hope your ready for dinner tonight ;) don't forget your wallet :D

Yea and Seph I hope your ready for dinner tonight ;) don't forget your wallet :D

Hope yer not going to the same restaurant as myself and Tedo,could be awkward.

:eek: :eek:

Oh so thats how it is..........😔

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Couchside keeping Kleenex in business. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)

fmpisces wrote: »
    Couchside keeping Kleenex in business. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)

:eek::eek: with a cold I hope ...

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: with a cold I hope ...

Yep, smothered. Think it's time for the Benylin Day and Night :rolleyes:

fmpisces wrote: »
    Yep, smothered. Think it's time for the Benylin Day and Night :rolleyes:

A lot of people seem to be smothered, plenty of rest, fluids and self pity needed.

Hope you feel better soon.

DD good choice. Seph would like this place.
    Autosport wrote:
    :eek: :eek:

I've left room for later.

Fighting a losing battle to keep up with ye lot. Dodgy internet coverage.

A lot of people seem to be smothered, plenty of rest, fluids and self pity needed.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Leg. It's doing the rounds in school so it was only a matter of time, thought I was getting away lightly but it really took hold of me yesterday. Nothing like a good dose of feeling sorry for myself :D I'm doing as little as possible and though I hate calling in sick will see how I feel in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Love this Auto , another one for my collection :)
    Well , the link I meant :p

Fmpisces , hope you feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Taking a pause from hoovering.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

About to take the homemade burgers and chips out of the oven.Closest thing to junk food I'd ever cook but it smells really nice. Tomorrow night and Tuesday is my fiancees weekend so we're celebrating. He's had wonderful health news and I've reached a nice weight (was underweight). So tonight the hairwashing, beautifying marathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Me Mrs G and little G enjoyed catching up with friends over lunch today. I got to have a decent chat about the game too. Having a celebratory pint now to officially mark a piece of history.

Kitchen side.......making a steak dinner for one......😔

😛

• Advertisement

Kitchen side.......making a steak dinner for one......😔

Ah thanks Seph..

Are you not having any yourself?

I'm sitting waiting on Auto to pick me up, she must be lost.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus, on my way in to see the new Downton Abbey film. Rotten filthy day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm sitting waiting on Auto to pick me up, she must be lost.

Auto is busy with her favourite man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

About to head in to town for a chinese, don't think i'll be having a Prawn Curry:D

• Advertisement

Auto is busy with her favourite man :)

I'll take my coat off so. :(

votecounts wrote: »
    About to head in to town for a chinese, don't think i'll be having a Prawn Curry:D

Get battered prawns instead , delicious :D
    (I know that's not what you meant though !)

votecounts wrote: »

Say “ *hic* sorry hun do you mind de pooping them please?”
    And you’ll be grand

I’m gone to the dogs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At home and wishing the weather was a sunny as my personality.

• Advertisement

Deskside rubbing my belly after dinner.

mind de pooping them please?”

Ewww gross!

I’m gone to the dogs :(

What's wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm gardenside having aperitif after a road trip, glorious sunny day here.
    Sorry to hear it’s raining at home :cool:

:pac:

Couchside, listening to the rain. Just chilling' on a Sunday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside eating pizza after a day of listening to tunes, tidying and fixing things! :) Oh! and breaking boxes!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Me Mrs G and little G enjoyed catching up with friends over lunch today. I got to have a decent chat about the game too. Having a celebratory pint now to officially mark a piece of history.

G , forgot to ask , did you get things straightened out with the school afterwards ?

Kitchen , which is box city at the minute , organised chaos ha , about to have red thai chicken curry and rice :)

Back at the kitchen table. Suppin on a nice can of Rockshore lager. Partial lie on in the morning. I've pre-ordered a Thai Green chicken curry with noodles for later.:D

I hate food being misrepresented. In relation to prawns and the poop shoot, its a wrong way to describe it and unfair on any restaurant to have it described that way. The dark line on a prawn is the digestive tract, but its nothing like the intestine of a human which IS full of poop. Like most mammals. The dark line on a prawn is more than likely sand that it has ingested. That's what they do. In my college years I worked in a posh Dublin restaurant that served fresh prawns on the menu. They used to devein it (remove the dark line) otherwise there was a slight gritty taste from a small amount of sand that some customers would notice.

Prawns should be deveined. If there not, the texture can be different. But a prawn with a black line is not a prawn full of ****E:D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    G , forgot to ask , did you get things straightened out with the school afterwards ?

Kitchen , which is box city at the minute , organised chaos ha , about to have red thai chicken curry and rice :)

Red Thai chicken curry? Homemade or takeaway?

Payment being made this coming week in person and then words will be exchanged. Funnily enough it happened the same week that a Government advisory group complained about something similar. Kids being denied locker space and homework journals based on a payment that is voluntary.

Tell me more about that Thai Curry!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

They still turn my tum Grandeeod - the description is accurate but the other one sticks longer in my mind - *that's another few years off prawns for me. I'm very easily swayed when it comes to offputting things. Someone needs to say something that puts me off chocolate, cream and toffees :D

Couchside, just after bidding a bittersweet "see you later" to my son. First time in ages I shed a tear after he left (that sounds like I'm normally rejoicing :D - I'm not)....but normally I knew when I'd be seeing him again. Now that's no longer the case. He's off doing his own thing, which I am delighted and so proud of him for, but it finally *hit* me that he's all grown up. 21 in a few weeks. And I'll be doing it all again in a few years. This parenting malarkey, as wonderful as it is, sometimes is a royal pain in the ass.

Pretzill wrote: »
    They still turn my tum Grandeeod - the description is accurate but the other one sticks longer in my mind - *that's another few years off prawns for me. I'm very easily swayed when it comes to offputting things. Someone needs to say something that puts me off chocolate, cream and toffees :D

Ah P I have nothing to offer on the sweetie front except Cadbury's doesn't taste the same anymore. But I still eat it.:eek: Love cream, never liked toffees.

Frozen prawns are great as they've been processed to feck. Jaysus what I'd give for an old fashioned Prawn Cocktail now. Mamof4 got it right earlier with Prawns in batter. Delish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement