Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I'm jumping threads here......

@Kitty, what is your degree in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Every time I see smurfs dog, I think of that mr blue sky song. I bet that would be the dogs theme tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bedside, should really get up and start the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

About to head to the pub to watch Utd, not that bad outside.
    To those heading off on holiday, I am now jealous as i'm putting the thoughts of work tomorrow out of my mind:D

Bedside, should really get up and start the day.

Stay put. Seems like you had a tough week.

I'm stuck to the couch. I've been here since 10am. Going in to town for a wander would be nice but all I have is €30 to my name. Le sigh.

Tae anyone? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Seems to be a flu going around? Visitor coughing and runny nose earlier. Gave some elderberry syrup. Currently trying to decode the mysteries of fridge defrosting. Mine does so automatically and drips water onto everything. Soggy pizza anyone?

Time for coffee I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

smurfjed wrote: »
    I'm jumping threads here......

@Kitty, what is your degree in?

New Media And English Smurf :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stay put. Seems like you had a tough week.

I'm stuck to the couch. I've been here since 10am. Going in to town for a wander would be nice but all I have is €30 to my name. Le sigh.

Tae anyone? :)

You read my mind poly.......Barry's right?

This is my Sunday.
    https://ibb.co/3RKwZh8

Bap they are dinky deckers
    Need to stop drinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This day has me worn out already. I will be going back to work tomorrow for a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Being a domestic goddess and doing the laundry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Zonked after arriving home from a great hen. There was no shutting us in last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Hotel-side in Lisbon. Lying on the bed.. the hotel is bizarre... the corridors are just long and dark.. I walked right past the door of my room!

Hotel-side in Lisbon. Lying on the bed.. the hotel is bizarre... the corridors are just long and dark.. I walked right past the door of my room!

That looks like a morgue, are you sure you're still alive? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

That looks like a morgue, are you sure you're still alive? :eek:

I was thinking its a document archive and MetalD was staying in a filing cabinet but now think Leg is right

0lddog wrote: »
    I was thinking its a documet archive and MetalD was staying in a filing cabinet but now think Leg is right

I see dead people's posts ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Shiver down my spine thinking about seeing dead people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Shiver down my spine thinking about seeing dead people!

Dont worry! Everything will be OK. Have just received an invitation to a "Resuscitation Conference" ( at least thats whats in the spam folder ) :D

Homeside

Somewhere over the atlantic heading on holliers. First stop Chicago, Then we head west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hi all! Sitting in the Departure lounge having a couple of beers! Heading to a better location with nicer beer and drier too.

TRANSLATION

Sitting in the kitchen having two cans of lager. Heading out to the pub for some nice draft Rockshore and sitting facing the bar so I can't see the feckin rain while a sip a few.:D

For those away, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pretzill , enjoy the holidays next week !

In , such beautiful rain we're having today ,and of course today would be the day that things had to be moved from outside , such is life :D
    After that what else could we do but go to Mizzonis :p

Anyone heading for veers or wine , enjoy , kettle going on here if anyone else fancies a cuppa !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Homeside, miserable day outside.
    Gonna relax on the couch and watch some netflix with a few beers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from a day of running, swimming, jacuzzi, steam room etc.. ie a mega big fvck off, chill da fvck out day.

Bringing Richo to the beach for a walk, then binge watch season 7 of Suits.

Oh, and my daughter rang to say she's booked us a few nights away in London in November, can't wait. We've been before but I love breaks with her :)

honeybear wrote: »
    Zonked after arriving home from a great hen. There was no shutting us in last night!

Where were ye and what did ye get up to?

Heading into town to meet my favorite human for birthday drinks, luckiest man is the best, driving me the whole way to Dublin so as I can have fun. He’s going into work and will bring me home. He’s my second fav human

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, back in my folks house for a night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching F1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

GH's Sunday went as follows: Up at 7.30, nice hour long walk, home for tea and toast, three beers watching the rugby, big fry and back to bed for a lovely nap, up and watched a bit of racing, takeaway ordered now so going to have another couple of beers :P Not my usual Sunday routine but "working" from home tomorrow so no early morning commute, got to love it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

One word - Tron

Walkies side, work soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Dave if you see a child riding tricycle down that corridor, please check out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside trying not to fall asleep. Waiting for dinner which smells good, hopefully it’ll be ready soon

Where were ye and what did ye get up to?

We went to Dublin LER. Good fun. Couldn’t be doing it every weekend ...

Leg! It’s 100% like a morgue! That seriously made me laugh!

I’m gonna wait until it gets dark and go for a suss! It used to be aN iron foundry, defo ghosts in this place! :D I’ll post pictures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside watching F1 :)

Just remembered it's on, and Monterey IndyCar too .
    Then motd2, evening sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Home from the pub, refreshed and thinking about dinner. Actually I made it earlier! Cooked up lasagna this morning while watching the Rugby. As little G doesn't like it, I used spare mince to make her a burger. They are done and dusted. Never mentioned that in earlier posts! Cornflakes and waffles with cheese were good and kept me going.

Personally, I'd have rather had 4 cans this morning for the craic and not gave a feck about any of that cooking lark. Gone back to bed, got up, hit the pub for a few more and then arrived home to a slap up feed. Maybe someday!

Having more beers. I've earned it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside wondering how in the name of jaysis is it sunday night again already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Welcome to the work drudgery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Desksicde super tired. matchsticks and head sling time

Tell me about it!

Tell me about it!

Ok honeybear I will.................but first you have to tell us about your hen shenanigans from last night first 😛😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I was making dinner earlier - roast, crushed potatoes, roast chicken topped with tomato and cheese and I decided to throw in some brocolli tossed in a little olive oil and some chilli flakes - went to take the chilli flakes down off the press the jar lid flew off a million chilli flakes went up in the air most landing on me, in my hair, down my top, up my nose, I feel like half of me is on fire and I haven't stopped sneezing since. And not one f*cking flake for my roast brocolli. :(

Ok honeybear I will.................but first you have to tell us about your hen shenanigans from last night first 😛😀

Memory suddenly a bit hazy ... must be old age

Ohhhh very convenient honeybear 😛

What happened on hens , stays on hens , nice one HB !
    And congratulations on your good news that you shared in the TH thread :)

(Cue everyone going to check out your posts :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Heading for bedside. Serious dose of the Glenroes tonight. It’s been a great 2 weeks but need to remind myself that I go to work so I can afford holidays (and wine) :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What happened on hens , stays on hens , nice one HB !
    And congratulations on your good news that you shared in the TH thread :)

(Cue everyone going to check out your posts :p)

Nice try Mam! :cool:

:o

Pretzill wrote: »
    I was making dinner earlier - roast, crushed potatoes, roast chicken topped with tomato and cheese and I decided to throw in some brocolli tossed in a little olive oil and some chilli flakes - went to take the chilli flakes down off the press the jar lid flew off a million chilli flakes went up in the air most landing on me, in my hair, down my top, up my nose, I feel like half of me is on fire and I haven't stopped sneezing since. And not one f*cking flake for my roast brocolli. :(

That dinner sounds ammmmaaaazzing!!!

At least it wasn't chilli powder! I have a million run ins with chilli powder and paste (accidentally rubbing my eyes after mushing it into meat.. I know.. g#b****e..).. but I never learn because I love chilli(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bed. Made a wool pillow since they're a mad price to buy. Bolster pillow (also diy, wool filled) under my neck. Brushed flannel duvet cover. Quite comfy. Listening to the radiator humming behind me and the rain crashing down outside. I will sleep, I will I willIwillIwill.

ps. in case you're wondering if I have a fetish for wool, memory foam gave me an asthma-type incident.

Nice try Mam! :cool:

:o

It actually wasn't a trick Seph. HB posted a happy the other day and I forgot to say congratulations to her :(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It actually wasn't a trick Seph. HB posted a happy the other day and I forgot to say congratulations to her :(

ohhh sorry mam!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement