Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Heading for bedside. Serious dose of the Glenroes tonight. It’s been a great 2 weeks but need to remind myself that I go to work so I can afford holidays (and wine) :pac:

Poochie. Glenroes here too-you are not alone! Could we rechristen them the Dermots? (even though I’m watching Grand Designs atm!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a post meal drink in a not very nice bar.
    Where's me knukledusters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

honeybear wrote: »
    Poochie. Glenroes here too-you are not alone! Could we rechristen them the Dermots? (even though I’m watching Grand Designs atm!)

A dose of the Dermots sounds as if it belongs in the etiquette thread! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Having a post meal drink in a not very nice bar.
    Where's me knukledusters...

Oh i do love a good rough ould pub. Pool cue or beer bottle are the usual weapons of choice :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oh i do love a good rough ould pub. Pool cue or beer bottle are the usual weapons of choice :P

Or a small stool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Or a small stool.

One for the etiquette thread again :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pretzill wrote: »

Exactly what i thought :pac:

Pretzill wrote: »

If you start throwing that, no-one will come near you either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Or a small stool.

source.gif

Pies too are a good choice of weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Unbelievable on Netflix , or trying to , drunken muppets outside next door , hardy boyos , as if , now I wish the rain hadn't stopped ..

Well Holy God! There must be something in the air! Went out to shut in the REAL hens (& ducks) and met a man with a rifle. I nearly feckin died! (I HATE guns!) He said he was out hunting for foxes. Now, I love my hens & ducks but ... I also love foxes. I politely nodded and ran into the house. Now think I’m living in the Wild West!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching who wants to be a millionaire with a Glass of OJ and and a pack of Tayto

couchside watching mr right
    i love anna kendrick. i think her love interest in this is 20 years older though

eta i have now stopped because that is too creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching Unbelievable on Netflix , or trying to , drunken muppets outside next door , hardy boyos , as if , now I wish the rain hadn't stopped ..

Second mention today Mam! Rebel songs and horses earlier. Now they're drunk! How do you live with it? Honestly? I'd have the gun out by now. Is your young lad okay?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Second mention today Mam! Rebel songs and horses earlier. Now they're drunk! How do you live with it? Honestly? I'd have the gun out by now. Is your young lad okay?

They've stopped now , must be on curfews or something . Son's ok G thanks for thinking of him , he's just annoyed and fed up of it too tbh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s room to improve time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Full of shots really sad and wondering what the point is to everything and having to make such an effort for things constantly that seem to come natural to everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Full of shots really sad and wondering what the point is to everything and having to make such an effort for things constantly that seem to come natural to everyone else

That's just the alcohol talking Shoes, try to sleep it off, it won't do you any good going down that rabbit hole.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hear ya *hugs*

That's just the alcohol talking Shoes, try to sleep it off, it won't do you any good going down that rabbit hole.

What Leggie said.

Alcohol has a bad effect on moods. All you have to do is read this thread to know we all have our own issues.

Virtual hugs going your way.

Have a sleep & you will feel better.

• Advertisement

Just caught up here ,out all day and I'm wrecked, went to the pub with 30 other women this afternoon and I was the first to leave after 3 drinks, felt so virtuous like I deserved a halo or something lol,i cant drink when its sunny and it was a gorgeous day here today, not a drop of rain.

Trying to sort the lunches here now,like old mother Hubbard the cupboards are bare,well theres loads there but not lunch stuff, will have to go to the shop at 7am ffs.

The Dermots are looming in the background but I'm in such good form they're not really affecting me....the morning will be a different story lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

About to go to the land of Nod, Night all and take it easy.

Deskside whining up a storm.

Hitting the leaba. Codladh Sámh!

Sleep well Honey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Having a great sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam, do you want some of us to come over next weekend and sit on your wall and look menacing?
    I can borrow a rotweiller?

To thine own self be true

Mam, do you want some of us to come over next weekend and sit on your wall and look menacing?
    I can borrow a rotweiller?

Thanks PM , I wouldn't like the poor dog to get poisoned if it bit them though :D
    Has been quiet now for a few hours , bliss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting in the airport car park waiting to collect the wife as she battles her way through a massive immigration queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sitting in the airport car park waiting to collect the wife as she battles her way through a massive immigration queue.
    Some reunion loving tonight so? :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In the leaba, struggling to get the brain to shut down so I can get some sleep

Deskside, contemplating what feels like could be a very long and tedious week..

Same feeling here too, just about to get out of bed.

At the coal face crying

Same feeling here too, just about to get out of bed.

I have the same feeling .

I’m having my own pity party here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...On Monday I wished it was Tuesday night so I could wish for the weekend to come...

Morning all,

It's a bright but cool one 7C

Kitchenside with coffee getting ready to face my old nemesis Monday

Seven Worlds will Collide

...On Monday I wished it was Tuesday night so I could wish for the weekend to come...

Morning all,

It's a bright but cool one 7C

Kitchenside with coffee getting ready to face my old nemesis Monday

You’ve nailed it again Crowded!

Troops gone out the door, no one had the energy for arguing so it was a very silent morning, I'm not going to work until lunchtime and have a heap of housework to do yet here I am lying on the bed on my phone...Monday morning you're a b*tch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Can certainly tell that the missus is back, amazing smell of beef randang wafting around the kitchen, certainly beats my my attempts at cooking.

• Advertisement

Hot and cold. Hard to know if I've caught a flu as I sometimes run a fever anyway if I have pain. Fevers are good for burning off a bug, I find. Our germ defense system is amazing. Fever dreams are excellent!

At home today and not obliged to go anywhere. Might see Oh later once I know if I'm sick or not. Don't want to pass on any illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

In work with stage 5 manflu. Pray for me :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work with stage 5 manflu. Pray for me :pac:
    Sounds serious. You are a hero for making it into work and you deserve to be promoted to executive level and use the executive bathroom.

#livestrong

I am thinking of setting up an exclusion zone around my desk. Electric barbed wire with dogs.
    Deterrent to stop people trying to small talk to me. However -there will be cake later so I am sure I will be up for chatting to them then.

I am thinking of setting up an exclusion zone around my desk. Electric barbed wire with dogs. Deterrent to stop people trying to small talk to me. However -there will be cake later so I am sure I will be up for chatting to them then.

If this is a success, can you send on the plans for this.

Noisy neighbour is back in work & now regretting not working from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

• Advertisement

In work coming up with random things in my head that I think are hilarious but are probably completely unfunny to most people.

If this is a success, can you send on the plans for this.

Noisy neighbour is back in work & now regretting not working from home.

Something like this...without the doorway!

BarbedWireFence_c_000000.jpgCDB0B3EE-9502-4AE5-9975-E32C15D504C1Large.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Arghhhh the glitch :mad:

The day goes too fast if you have to go somewhere you're reluctant to go, later. I've been putting something off til now. I can't fly to England before I do this

Time for some fortifying tea and nicotine.

How're you getting out, Trig?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement