Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The way I see it is they’re paying you a wage the same as they’re paying him, it’s above his pay grade to reprimand you or address you in any way regarding your work, unless he’s a manager. Even at that he’d have to follow procedure. He sounds like he lacks the brains and education to express himself in a professional manner, so don’t take it to heart, it’s no way a reflection on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Listening to Nick Cave and the bad seeds new album - Ghosteen. Amazing. Worth reading up about a lot of the influence behind it to fully appreciate it. Amazing album.

They're streaming it for free on YouTube for anyone who's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Stopped off for grub. I can nearly taste that cold beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

In depth review required I'm batfan....

Grem, one word: Superb. I’m going again tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Seph definitely go to HR and have everything that he has said to you, date and times and if there were any witnesses, You need evidence to build a case against him. You need a hitman I might know someone ;)

Yes Ted I am rather busy with my favourite man who isn’t you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having the buzz on can only help work :D

I don’t know if I was buzzed or what but work was grand today, everything went great!

Homeside now, on the couch with a cuppa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Seph definitely go to HR and have everything that he has said to you, date and times and if there were any witnesses, You need evidence to build a case against him. You need a hitman I might know someone ;)

Yes Ted I am rather busy with my favourite man who isn’t you ;)

But we have established that I am him in the other thread.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I don’t know if I was buzzed or what but work was grand today, everything went great!

Homeside now, on the couch with a cuppa

The most important thing is work was ok! Whatever the reason :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Stopped off for grub. I can nearly taste that cold beer!
    You've had a long day, you deserve a beer.
    Bedside, night all and take it easy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Quiet night. I'm just sat here trying not to think but failing terribly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning Grem. The night can be a lonely place sometimes. Hope your thoughts turn lighter and you get some sleep today.
    I’m in bed, getting through my mental to do list. If I could translate it to reality I’d be on fire! But think I might have a little nap...:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Recent upheaval and the coming fallout from it is on my mind.. Missus still unwell too, that may take time, feel awful for her. This too shall pass but not effing soon enough, know what i mean?.

That’s a lot going on. Change in work is hard, but things always end up coming full circle, despite each manager thinking they’re bring radical.
    Hope your missus feels better soon.

Kettle's on, fancy a brew?

Gwan i'd love one, fancy some toast too?

Gwan i'd love one, fancy some toast too?

Toast, now there’s a plan!

• Advertisement

Feck it, saturday morning, be nice to ourselves or some such..

With lots of melty butter! Think I have to get up to make toast now...

Toast needs to be pretty pale, real butter right to the edges.

Morning Grem, Morning Poochie! :D edit and HB!

Why is it my brain is awake this early? I suspect it’s trying to guilt into getting up and studying!

Morning Dave! Morning Honeybear! Sorry about the crumbs...

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Morning Dave! Morning Honeybear! Sorry about the crumbs...

Not to worry!! All this talk of toast is almost enough to get me up to make some!

Think there will have to be toast when I get home..

Think there will have to be toast when I get home..

You should have all the toast when you get home!

You should have all the toast when you get home!

Don't tempt me, oh the heartburn :o

Don't tempt me, oh the heartburn :o

One Rennie or slug of Galviscon for every slice! That’ll solve it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning all! Dogs walked. Cats fed. It’s lovely out. Having my first coffee of many ... and toast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes....

Morning all,

It's a grey but brightish morning 12C

Couchside with coffee, but I will have toast too shortly with either scrambled or poached eggs :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lovely choice Crowded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

honeybear wrote: »
    Lovely choice Crowded!

My sister gets me real free range eggs from a woman she works with and they're delish.

Still couchside though

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Just back in from a tidy of the garden with the wee one. My favourite way to spend a Saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

....I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes....

Morning all,

It's a grey but brightish morning 12C

Couchside with coffee, but I will have toast too shortly with either scrambled or poached eggs :)

So do I CH, the arthritis has me shook :D
    In bed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with freshly brewed coffee and it tastes damn good !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On my second cup and feeling loopy again 🤪🤪🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

After all the talk of toast, I had toast, bacon, egg and tomatoes with fresh apple juice and a mug of tea for breakfast. Set me up for the day just done 5k on the exercise bike and have yet to get out for a morning stroll with the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back after volunteering at the Parkrun and cheering on Mrs S, our granddaughter and son-in-law. Their 15th Anniversary today, so congratulations and thanks to all who make Parkruns possible everywhere.

Coffee's on, paper's to hand, and time for a bit of R&R.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drinking chicory coffee. No rush, no crash afterwards. It's lashing rain but so warm the windows have steamed up. I'm going out soon. Limerick city or further afield depending on how hungry we are.
    In bad form but it's easily cured.

Drinking chicory coffee. No rush, no crash afterwards. It's lashing rain but so warm the windows have steamed up. I'm going out soon. Limerick city or further afield depending on how hungry we are.
    In bad form but it's easily cured.

There was a "fireball" in the sky over Limerick last night. Anyone see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Saw it on TV3 news this morning, looked impressive - they said it was space debris

Pretzill wrote: »

Saw it on TV3 news this morning, looked impressive - they said it was space debris
    Oh cool. I missed that, don't watch tv. I googled though and there's been a number of similar sightings over the years, which makes me wonder. Al
    So wonder, where did it land and did it do damage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sad to hear of a tragic accident last night not too far from me :( life is precious

Afternoon all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear that, Auto.

Just out of the shower about to start the day.

So I won the euro millions...

... well 20 quid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm desperately seeking the energy and motivation to get off my arse and do stuff.

I'm desperately seeking the energy and motivation to get off my arse and do stuff.

Just get up and do it! Once you’re going you’ll be grand Trig!

Home from shopping with mammy :o

Deskside still shocked by something I read in the Q and A thread last night :O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The gliiiiiitch :mad:

Kitchenside, having a late breakfast. Will hopefully be a lazy but productive day, want to get some college reading done, and go the the gym but also taking it handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....Deskside still shocked by something I read in the Q and A thread last night :O.
    :confused:
    Spill the beans

( in your case it was probably in the tea leaves :p )

Homeside, brain has taken today off :o

Drinking chicory coffee. .......

Whats it called ?

Was Irel coffee based on chicory ? ( :confused: Something to do with Devs trade war with the UK. - Bet S. will know that ins and outs of it )

Think I heard that you can make similar based on dandelions...

and thats another thing.....The French have been known to eat dandelion leaves in a salad. How is it we never seem to do that over here ?

So do I CH, the arthritis has me shook :D
    In bed

When do you start on the Biologic ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Drinking chicory coffee. .......

Whats it called ?

Was Irel coffee based on chicory ? ( :confused: Something to do with Devs trade war with the UK. - Bet S. will know that ins and outs of it )

Think I heard that you can make similar based on dandelions...

and thats another thing.....The French have been known to eat dandelion leaves in a salad. How is it we never seem to do that over here ?

I'm not sure about Irel but there's one called Camp, it's a bottle of syrup and I'm told it's an old fashioned drink that's been around for decades.
    This brand is Chikko Not Coffee, it's in powder form.
    We don't seem very into wild greens here. I love the French for Dandelions. Dents de lion...lions teeth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement