Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

0lddog wrote: »

Sephers - Tea Taster

:D

It better not involve tasting watery muck like lyons or supermarket own brand tea bags........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jeepers i stumped someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Jeepers i stumped someone!

A wicket keeper ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Definitely not, can't make head nor silly mid of that game

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

On the couch OH stuck on Working Mums? I think it's called. Sorted my presents to the kids for Christmas on Amazon, job done :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hitting the hay. Night All! Codladh Sámh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside Hey guys!! Been a little while. Sh!t couple of weeks, lost one of my best friends. So I’ve been dealing with that. I’m on the mend though. Good people around me. Hope everyone is well! Gonna take some time and read back and catch up on all you folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't know tbh .
    What are those things with sleeves , pockets , that fasten down the front and were worn over your clothes called then ? I always thought they were the house coats :o

Genuine question btw , I blame Grem for mentioning them :p

Well a quick Google :) wiki refers to hilda ogden: with her trademark curlers and a pinny :)

Phone not letting me copy and paste.

Another Google: housecoat is a loose dressing gown for women.

Jesus Christ what have my Saturday nights become??:) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

On the couch OH stuck on Working Mums? I think it's called. Sorted my presents to the kids for Christmas on Amazon, job done :-)

Go away with that level of organisation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Go away with that level of organisation :)

Normally not me! Feels weird, no suspense in the will it won't it arrive in time drama I'm accustomed to Christmas week.

Like the grinchy grem i am there's barely anything bought for the festive season here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm in bed. I'm so tired, I'm finding working and studying means I'm getting sod all sleep during the week. I'm off next week though and I'm planning on doing nothing but chilling. And tomorrow is my first lie in in weeks, it's the little things isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Preparing myself to snore. :D

Lucky, lucky feckers i just couldn't rest earlier :o Ah well, have a wink or two for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am three sheets in the wind...

• Advertisement

I didn't go out,couldn't find my mojo and glued to the couch,despite having a million Sky channels and Netflix I'm here watching The Folk Awards on RTE and its actually a great accompaniment to my first glass of wine in about 2 weeks,tbh I don't think I'll even finish it just felt I should be having one on the weekend...if we ever have a meetup it will have to be at lunchtime, we wouldn't be able for a night out lol.

Duvet i think you did well, walk before you run kinda thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Metal Dave, so sorry for your loss, look after yourself.

I am tucked up in bed, looking forward to that extra hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Couchside Hey guys!! Been a little while. Sh!t couple of weeks, lost one of my best friends. So I’ve been dealing with that. I’m on the mend though. Good people around me. Hope everyone is well! Gonna take some time and read back and catch up on all you folks.

I'm so sorry, Dave. 2019 started by taking my two closest friends and then my favourite aunt from me. I was in shock and on autopilot all year...sometimes I still am. Trying to power through the grief without feeling it only comes back to bite you so don't feel pressured to be ok straight away. Always welcome to pm me for a chat if it would help.
    The world will feel very different for a while x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Well anyway,

What "jobs" would each be best suited to ?

I'd take a stab at a few

DD - Supermarket buyer - Wine

Auto - Part of a new car test group ( you know the teams that go all over the world trying camouflaged new models in different countries )

Snareem, Witchie, Smurf, HB - Have they already arrived ?

Trigger - Travel writer ?

Myself - A companion for Mutt ? ( cant see Mutt being enthusiastic )

Sephers - Tea Taster

Grem - I'm totally stumped ( what would you like to do, Grem ? )

Suggestion please ...

What about me? Am I on the dole? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Well anyway,

What "jobs" would each be best suited to ?

I'd take a stab at a few

DD - Supermarket buyer - Wine

Auto - Part of a new car test group ( you know the teams that go all over the world trying camouflaged new models in different countries )

Snareem, Witchie, Smurf, HB - Have they already arrived ?

Myself - A companion for Mutt ? ( cant see Mutt being enthusiastic )

Sephers - Tea Taster

Grem - I'm totally stumped ( what would you like to do, Grem ? )

Suggestion please ...

and me?:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside at home, Graham Norton on the box.

Got a great, long, much needed sleep last night after a very busy week. Got up at 1pm, and headed to the beautiful Russborough House in Wicklow with my OH. Hadn’t been there in over a decade - the art collection is breathtaking - no wonder it was robbed three times, in 1974 by the IRA, in 1986 by Martin Cahill aka “The General” and finally in the middle of a tour in 2001.

After Russborough, we drove out to Mount Wolseley in Carlow for dinner and then back home. Wonderful day! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night all :)

Old Dog I love my driving job ;) it's me to a T :D

Enjoy the extra hour sleep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just in the door from a job in Belfast. Long long day. Having a beer and telling the body it's only half eleven.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't forget the clocks, peeps.
    Goodnight :)

To thine own self be true

Extra hour at the coalface here..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴😴

Only seeing this now sorry to hear that bro

*Bro hugs*

night all heading to bed, I'll be awake a while I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

t. Lord save us if my brother was my guardian he’d have me swapped for two goats and a roll of fencing wire

Only two goats and some wire, that sounds a bargain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Aspie is in a time warp!enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I'm off to bed. I've just this minute come across a story on twitter, it is like a bed time story for an adult. Maybe you have all read it today,but if not.....google/search twitter for " Jon Ronson" .. "I've just told the best story that has ever been told on twitter..."

Sweet dreams all!

triona1 wrote: »
    Aspie is in a time warp!enjoy

what's a time warp?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Look at your last post time to everyone else's? Its happening to lots.

triona1 wrote: »
    Look at your last post time to everyone else's? Its happening to lots.

ahh yes, I see it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Extra hour at the coalface here..

Ah that’s tough on you Grem.
    Slides mug of hot chocolate across...

That's very kind :) Frustrating night in here, protocols vary now with a new regime but i am not really in the loop..

Ah Grem - sorry to hear that.
    Sliding a pain au chocolat across to you.
    Why am I still awake - stupid arthritis pain that’s why!!

Argh ouch, hot water bottle to you! The cold kinda crept up on me and i'm pretty slow to get moving when i get up now too.

• Advertisement

Bedside just woke up 😵
    Eleysian wrote: »
    Ah that’s tough on you Grem.
    Slides mug of hot chocolate across...

Anymore hot chocolate going ?

*Hopeful face*

😛

Ah i'll sort you out for it so Seph, halloween time got you too spooked to sleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would love to be a travel writer. Focus on the dark underbelly of any city I go to. And their fancy dan restaurants.

Grem could be in charge of 'Poster assurance'.
    ie, patting people on the back and motivating them to keep going!

Really?. I figured myself as more of a negative nancy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Up bright and early to see off a few of the lads (and lassies) I train with, they're on their way in to run the Dublin City Marathon.. Some its their first and others have over a hundred marathons!.

I've never done it but I get super excited for it and can't wait to take my spectator place at the RDS (I usually stand at Roly's, if anyone else is going in!).

I even have my little plastic hand clappers, they're great craic :)

Damn I'm like a children clock watching here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My pet pooch didn’t know the clocks went back! Doggies & cats happy out. Happy Bumbóg too. Have a great day guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Cup of tea and toast in bed. Contemplating getting up in a bit.

Good luck to everyone doing the marathon today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....the new October man he takes the rains and early frosts upon his shoulders...

Morning all

It's a calm sunny one presently 4C, but dropped to 1 overnight.

I'd say I'll have to break ice on the rain barrel to have a wash :D

Couchside with coffee

Seven Worlds will Collide

Sliding a mug of hot chocolate across to you Seph. Enjoy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just home after one of 'them' nights..
    What age am I again ???
    Beautiful morning in East Clare....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement