Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget hotel Liffey Street/Abbey junction

Options
  • 31-08-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭

Anyways, I just found this out today.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/work-to-begin-on-310-room-budget-hotel-on-liffey-street-1.3727655

And at the same time the protesters stopped traffic going on to the Quays from Liffey Street (upper/lower?) just like Sth William Street recently. I support them fully.

Just looking at the state of the roads and the pavements around there. It is unreal. Hopefully things will improve. I know the Liffey/Quay stretch is to be pedestrianised and that is good.

But the state of the place. Hopefully DCC will improve things very soon.

I don't know what I am posting here really, apart from hoping for a bit more room for pedestrians, improved pavements/ pedestrianised areas. Could be lovely really.

And of course there will only be a small stretch of Liffey Street for pedestrianisation, because the car parks have objected re access.

Should be compulsorily purchased for apartments or something. DCC is not proactive.

Will it happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The car park objections do not mean it won't be pedestrianised.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

L1011 wrote: »
    The car park objections do not mean it won't be pedestrianised.

AFAIK the plans are to pedestrianise the strip from Strand Street Great to the Quays. Anything further up Liffey Street (to junction with Abbey Street) is being objected to due to lack of access to Strand St. for exit onto the Quays. Even though that means driving all the way to Capel Street, or Jervis Street if going North, the poor crathurs.

Advertisement