Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Douglas - See Mod note in post #506

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Kearys in on it aswell🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Avoncore ltd is the company behind the Douglas shopping centre and that company is intertwined with majority shareholder Canmont Ltd and the majority shareholder of Canmont Ltd is Shipton Ltd. All these companies share the same address at 48 Upper Drumcondra rd, Dublin 9.
    I walked past this address last week and there was an Opel Zafira parked up the the road.

Suspicios!

airy fairy wrote: »
    Kearys in on it aswell🙄

Oh jesus yeah! I never thought of them.

Bet the majority of the damaged cars were Hyundai, Renault or BMW the cars kearys just happen to sell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Word on the street in Douglas is that the shopping centre was struggling financially so what better way to set it ablaze and get the insurance money before the company goes bust.

That shopping centre will be shut for years and be an eyesore

Nice to see the concern for those who have lost livelihoods here.

pwurple wrote: »
    Nice to see the concern for those who have lost livelihoods here.

I don't think Avoncore Ltd care as it's just another faceless company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

I don't think Avoncore Ltd care as it's just another faceless company.

Why are you on here with the last day just attempting to cause trouble? People's livelihoods, belongings etc are all up in the air and you've spent the last 2 days acting a joker

lfc200 wrote: »
    Why are you on here with the last day just attempting to cause trouble? People's livelihoods, belongings etc are all up in the air and you've spent the last 2 days acting a joker

I'm not love, I recognize the distress and devastation.

I just want the truth and whoever is culpable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Entire complex to be closed for the foreseeable future it seems unfortunately.

EDejXStW4AAkRBC?format=jpg&name=medium

Edit: igCorcaigh beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Our 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I paid £950 for my car. This year's insurance premium is £1200.

The Car and insurance market in the UK is very different to here.

• Advertisement

I hate to say I told ye so!
    That'll take years to sort with insurance, planning etc

But is it just the car park that'll be closed or the entire shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

mikeecho wrote: »
    Imagine if your car was vandalised, that's not your fault.
    Yet you would still have to claim off your own insurance, and risk losing your NCB.

Now, if the person responsible was identified, you could take a civil action, but your NCB will still be affected.

Imagine that was in anyway relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I hate to say I told ye so!
    That'll take years to sort with insurance, planning etc

But is it just the car park that'll be closed or the entire shopping centre?
    Try reading the rest of the notice before commenting.

That shopping centre was flooded in 2012

7 years later goes on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Word on the street in Douglas is that the shopping centre was struggling financially so what better way to set it ablaze and get the insurance money before the company goes bust.

I think you'll find that's called libel

I think you'll find that's called libel

Not if it's true.

Plus you can't bleed a stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Oh jesus yeah! I never thought of them.

Bet the majority of the damaged cars were Hyundai, Renault or BMW the cars kearys just happen to sell!!

I'm told that there was one Zafira and all the Dacia Sandero Accesses in the country in there. All destroyed thankfully

I'm told that there was one Zafira and all the Dacia Sandero Accesses in the country in there. All destroyed thankfully

Noooooo!!

Actually Kearys sell Dacia too so they're fairly prudent so they'll import Sandero Accesses, the one with no radio or electric windows/mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That isn't the word on the street......at all. Poor attempt at trying to get a reaction out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Noooooo!!

Actually Kearys sell Dacia too so they're fairly prudent so they'll import Sandero Accesses, the one with no radio or electric windows/mirrors

No power, no comfort, no fun either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That shopping centre was flooded in 2012

7 years later goes on fire

Apparently the owners organised the heavy rainfall that caused the flooding too.....

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That isn't the word on the street......at all. Poor attempt at trying to get a reaction out of people.

You must be on the wrong street.

I'm on Patrick's street

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Apparently the owners organised the heavy rainfall that caused the flooding too.....

Are you serious?

Avoncore Ltd?

Are you serious?

Avoncore Ltd?

Invested heavily in rainforest burning and HAARP.
    But I'm sure you knew that already :rolleyes:

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Invested heavily in rainforest burning and HAARP.
    But I'm sure you knew that already :rolleyes:

I think you're taking the piss

You do realise that over 400 people lost their jobs there and all you can do is joke??

I think you're taking the piss

You do realise that over 400 people lost their jobs there and all you can do is joke??

Says the man who thinks a freak accident fire and a flood was an inside job:confused::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@dia Anseo, you are barred from posting again on this thread, you posted enough useless rubbish here already, and attempting to libel others is not permitted. Failure to abide by this instruction will result in a ban - any queries should be done by pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hopefully the businesses in the Shopping Centre can return to normal as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

mikeym wrote: »
    Hopefully the businesses in the Shopping Centre can return to normal as soon as possible.

I can't see how a business can survive an extended down time. What happens the workers, supplier contracts etc? On top of the lost business and cost if repairs.

Hopefully I'm wrong. At least most outlets are large chains from what I can see, so maybe the funding to carry the business over the down time might be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,996 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/corks96fm/status/1168583393149427717?s=21

Statement from the operators of the shopping center.

Advertisement