Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying bridish airways plane fly circuit around castletroy

• 31-08-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey guy anyone know what the flying so low and slowly ? I presume it for Shannon it looped around going back over the city again going for Shannon.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It was a new A350 doing circuits at Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shannon airport makes an excellent facility for both plane testing and pilot training. It's runway is wide/long enough for big planes and is of international standard while it also has quiet periods to allow training/testing. I remember as a child watching the Air France Concorde do regular pilot training there including dust offs where it would touch down and then take off again in the one run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

irbx wrote: »
    Hey guy anyone know what the flying so low and slowly ? I presume it for Shannon it looped around going back over the city again going for Shannon.

Check out Flightrader24; Live Flight Tracker and you can watch all the trial runs it did today over Clare,Limerick,South Galway and North Kerry.
    Its been virtually on the go all day long with an odd touchdown, probably for refueling.

washman3 wrote: »
    Check out Flightrader24; Live Flight Tracker and you can watch all the trial runs it did today over Clare,Limerick,South Galway and North Kerry.
    Its been virtually on the go all day long with an odd touchdown, probably for refueling.

I love that app. Can spend all day watching it. Better again when I know someone is on a flight.

I clearly live a very exciting life :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

irbx wrote:
    Low flying bridish airways plane fly circuit around castletroy

Bridish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I noticed this too over Birdhill so got it up on Flight Radar to see it was looping back into Shannon. Assumed there was an issue on board, didn't realise it was going around all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

gozunda wrote: »
    Bridish?

I'll never forget the day that young wan Bríd got her pilots license....
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Shannon airport makes an excellent facility for both plane testing and pilot training. It's runway is wide/long enough for big planes and is of international standard while it also has quiet periods to allow training/testing. I remember as a child watching the Air France Concorde do regular pilot training there including dust offs where it would touch down and then take off again in the one run.

I read somewhere that Shannon is often picked for training runs where they want to assess handling with a strong crosswind on the runway...... Presumably the flat terrain/shannon estuary combined with our lovely weather helps with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bazz26 wrote: »

So long that its a designated emergency landing runway for space shuttles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

phill106 wrote: »

Except that there is no such thing as a space shuttle anymore.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Except that there is no such thing as a space shuttle anymore.

[Noparse]BuzzKillington.jpeg[/Noparse] :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement