Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Area guide] Haydens Park Lucan

Options
  • 31-08-2019 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Can anyone offer any opinion or information on Haydens Park Estate in Lucan. Would it be considered a nice quiet estate, or is there any issues being beside Griffeen Park?
    Is it in walking distance to shops, or well positioned on the bus route for commute into town.

Looking to buy in Lucan and the houses here tick a lot of boxes for us, and it appears to be well looked after by the residents but its difficult to tell just driving through. So hoping someone might have some local knowledge on above ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Haydens Park is fine. Nicely maturing now it is nearly 20 years old. Bus stops at the main road (Griffeen Avenue) so just a few minutes walk. I haven't heard much of untoward stuff going on in or around the Park either. It's not lit at night, which probably helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gingernut78

thank you unkel appreciate the reply that's good to note
    Would you happen to know if Griffeen Ave is very congested currently in the mornings about 7.00 am?
    , I would be heading into south side city centre I'm not sure what route I would take yet going to try do a Trial run.

Is the Clonburris development likely to affect traffic for residence on that stretch of road it looks to be extending to the back of Tullyhall from the maps?

Would you happen to know if Griffeen Ave is very congested currently in the mornings about 7.00 am?

That early it's fine. But in bad weather in winter the traffic builds up very quickly after about 7:30 - 7:40AM. After some re-jigging of the main traffic light on the R136 a few years ago, it is nowhere near as bad as it was though. Even at about 8AM.
    I would be heading into south side city centre I'm not sure what route I would take yet going to try do a Trial run.

You planning to drive in? Not take the bus? Herself commutes to Stephens Green on 25B - not the worst route
    Is the Clonburris development likely to affect traffic for residence on that stretch of road

Probably. But when we bought our house off the plans 20 years ago, everybody said there would be council flats the next year. Didn't happen. Then about 10 years later, there was full approval for Clonburris. It didn't happen. Fast forward another 10 years and again full approval, but nothing is happening yet...

Yes unkel I will be driving most days, but will use the bus when I can so thats great news, I'll check the route of the 25b so thanks, I know the 25x will go right by my work place so will look at that too to see how it works out, but its a limited service from what I've read and seems to run the other end of Lucan so probably no use if we bought in Haydens. If they ever open that train station in Kishogue it might be another option for getting to town too further down the track.Google map has it at a 20 min walk.

That's typical re Clonburris I thought it was a new proposal didn't realise its been on the cards that long I won't let it unduly put me off so.

Would you walk to and from from Haydens to the Village if you were heading for pint the weekend or would it be unsafe in that regard?

Would you walk to and from from Haydens to the Village if you were heading for pint the weekend or would it be unsafe in that regard?

Can't see why not. The area is generally thought to be safe. I personally wouldn't mind taking a shortcut through the unlit parks :)

• Advertisement

thanks a mil for all your help unkel

No probs!

And welcome to boards.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hi
    Can anyone offer any opinion or information on Haydens Park Estate in Lucan. Would it be considered a nice quiet estate, or is there any issues being beside Griffeen Park?
    Is it in walking distance to shops, or well positioned on the bus route for commute into town.

Looking to buy in Lucan and the houses here tick a lot of boxes for us, and it appears to be well looked after by the residents but its difficult to tell just driving through. So hoping someone might have some local knowledge on above ?
    Thanks

I live on the opposite side of the Park from Haydens. Park is grand, run there alot. Only reason we didn't buy there was for the parish in relation to the schools. Kids not going to school in Lucan after all of that!!!

Hi thanks for the feedback appreciate it

Advertisement