Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

A total of 3.2mm rain recorded today. It's currently 15.6C. The high today was 15.9C an hour ago, the lowest high since early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deep peaceful silence out here... a slender moon lying on its back contemplating space..... tiny far away stars winking..... not a sound or a whisper as the world sleeps. Bliss... west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I heard forecasts recently saying that this week will feel 'autumnal' :confused: I only wish June and the first half of August were as warm and pleasant as today!
    19.5c and good sunny spells and obviously feeling a LOT warmer in the sun.
    23mm since the dry spell ended on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I heard forecasts recently saying that this week will feel 'autumnal' :confused: I only wish June and the first half of August were as warm and pleasant as today!
    19.5c and good sunny spells and obviously feeling a LOT warmer in the sun.
    23mm since the dry spell ended on Sat.

Certainly doesn't feel 'autumnal' here. Humidty well into the 90s for over 24hrs now, high Td's and low hanging drizzle clouds with zero drying. Hard to believe we had summer like deep blues only a few days ago!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice day in Letterkenny, warm and calm with plenty of sunshine, far more summery than most days in the actual summer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a nice day here in Meath, plenty of heavy showers today and ground still very much wet. Our road is now starting to get covered with leaves, Autumn is well and truly getting going here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

tomorrow to Sunday looks horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Weather in Cork City is a real mix, one of those days where you need about 20 different outfits. Heavy showers bring along some cold winds, but the sun came out earlier and was warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    not a nice day here in Meath, plenty of heavy showers today and ground still very much wet. Our road is now starting to get covered with leaves, Autumn is well and truly getting going here.

Was dry all day here, mostly sunny to, i managed to get the garden cut, will try get the lawns out the front cut tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Probably way to early to tell... but flying from Dublin to London and London to New York on Sunday ...some saying we could be looking at wind warnings over the weekend. Would these be significant enough to cause flight issues.
    I have to be the unluckiest person when it comes to travel and the weather...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Was dry all day here, mostly sunny to, i managed to get the garden cut, will try get the lawns out the front cut tomorrow

got the lawn cut Saturday morning. Not a hope of our lawn being cut for a while now, pure squelch in our garden with so much rain over past 3 days.

got the lawn cut Saturday morning. Not a hope of our lawn being cut for a while now, pure squelch in our garden with so much rain over past 3 days.

Our garden was squelchy in 1 place which was not as bad as i taught considering the amount of rain we got since saturday, guessing because it slopes away is the reason it was dry enough to cut

A deeply peaceful night. Utter silence after some heavy showers and low cloud now. Never saw darkness as it is out here in cloudy nights. Like being blind. west mayo offshore

ground is finally starting to dry out a bit now, however I don't think this dryness is going to last very long! A mild, cloudy day here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

ground is finally starting to dry out a bit now, however I don't think this dryness is going to last very long! A mild, cloudy day here so far.
    With solar radiation rapidly diminishing now, so too do evaporation rates. We're moving into that time of the year when one good deluge of rain can take days to recede. In about a months time, we'll have reached the stage where the ground just doesn't dry out completely unless we get an exceptionally long dry spell. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Roads and paths nearly dry in cork city now but it's meant to rain again later apperantly. Mild, cloudy day here too and also feels quite humid!

Sun is out after a cloudy and misty morning, mower is at the ready, although the bbc forecast tomorrow for us has showers from the west dying out before reaching the east coast so might get the lawns cut tomorrow if not today.

Edit: just watched ME's forecast for the next few days, after the news, there will be Sunny spells that could feel warm, showers that could merge into longer spells of rain, might be a risk of thunder to, some heavy rain at times, and feeling fresher.

Sun is out after a cloudy and misty morning, mower is at the ready, although the bbc forecast tomorrow for us has showers from the west dying out before reaching the east coast so might get the lawns cut tomorrow if not today.

Edit: just watched ME's forecast for the next few days, after the news, there will be Sunny spells that could feel warm, showers that could merge into longer spells of rain, might be a risk of thunder to, some heavy rain at times, and feeling fresher.

so......….clouds, mist, warm sunny spells, showers, spells of rain, thunder and feeling fresher (all we're missing is snow).......typical Irish weather in other words :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was some nice sunshine here for a while a short while ago. It's all overcast now. The temperature reached 18.3C. It's falling back now. Currently 17.9C.

The wind is waking, stretching its lungs after sleeping all day... darker now after even some sunshine earlier... a bit of everything today.. We shall see what the night holds.west mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    There was some nice sunshine here for a while a short while ago. It's all overcast now. The temperature reached 18.3C. It's falling back now. Currently 17.9C.

Still a bit of sun down in Arklow, mostly cloudy with the lightest loveliest breeze
    Great to be working outside today
    Very pleasant!

so......….clouds, mist, warm sunny spells, showers, spells of rain, thunder and feeling fresher (all we're missing is snow).......typical Irish weather in other words :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep, typical irish cover all bases weather forecast ;)

On a separate note, Cloudy, and feels a wee bit chilly in the breeze, still dry, thankfully Lawns are cut, and the garden cut again, didnt think i'd get them cut as i expected rain

Hard heavy solid rain. Dark …. snug inside! Stay dry! west mayo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

A momentous day for ME. John the Eagle Eagleton has just given his final weather forecast on RTE before his retirement. I am quite sure many tears will be shed here.

We've just had a burst of heavyish rain here. It has died off now. There was nothing recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Gone very gusty...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

highdef wrote: »
    With solar radiation rapidly diminishing now, so too do evaporation rates. We're moving into that time of the year when one good deluge of rain can take days to recede. In about a months time, we'll have reached the stage where the ground just doesn't dry out completely unless we get an exceptionally long dry spell. :(

This. And add those remaining ghastly orange streetlights shining on it during the longer dark hours would drive one to a dark room with a bottle of whisky...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Had a trip out west today. Geez, Galway is one damp county. Drove from the city to Tooreen and crossed some low lying hills on the N83 coming into Clonfad and it was like someone flicked a switch. Roads dry and some bright/sunny spells. Checked the radar and there was nothing in the Galway region, yet moderate drizzle all along the N83 to the Roscommon border.

Meanwhile, a drop of rain pushed through here in South Laois just now. 0.6mm and that looks like being the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Danno wrote: »
    This. And add those remaining ghastly orange streetlights shining on it during the longer dark hours would drive one to a dark room with a bottle of whisky...

Not long left for the remaining orange ones.I find the LED's are much better for driving, light up the road and little light escaping upwards.

• Advertisement

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    We've just had a burst of heavyish rain here. It has died off now. There was nothing recorded.

1.5mm now.

Advertisement