Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Bitterly cold wind with showers again in Donegal, very wintry feeling these past few days. Radar doesn't seem to be picking up the showers properly as we've had a couple bordering on torrential yet radar is mostly clear

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Beautiful weekend in the West, hope we get more of these spells this Autumn/Winter/Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

pauldry wrote: »
    Theres been 9mm of rain in Sligo today n yesterday when Met Eireann said scattered showers. We had 15 showers in Sligo today. Thats not scattered. We had 8 scattered showers yesterday. So 23 scattered showers. Met Eireann "a few scattered showers in the Northwest" Is 23 a few Met Eireann?

Scattered officially means a 40-60% chance of showers at a particular location. Sounds about what you got.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nice chilly day in Cork city centre.
    Wouldn't call it cold as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Sickening the amount of likes and shares this got on Facebook, no doubt hardly any of them actually read the article. Basically says we may get a frost. We've had a few already. Met Eirean will get dogs abuse next week .

https://www.irelandbeforeyoudie.com/irish-weather-forecast-temperatures-to-plummet-this-week-as-sub-zero-conditions-hit-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

IT IS SO COLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway yesterday 05.00
    EZmKJpC.jpg

OrdgrXx.jpg

ArU6dPV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice bright morning here in Castlebar . 6 degrees. Moderate easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Salthill galway 29/10/19 temperature 8°C
    dVAelg3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Windier then expected in cork city currently. A chilly breeze too. Very overcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What is it with the ME forecast on the news tonight they show the next few days at the end and they show a full sun over the South for Sunday and clouds and Sun over the rest of the Country yet on their website for the weekend they say unsettled wet and windy. I just can't figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

FFS, both ME and YR keep oscillating back and forth between a total washout Halloween night and a very dry one. Even just today, each forecast update has changed Thursday evening from dry, to raining, to dry, and now to heavily raining :D :mad: Which is it gonna be lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Storm 10 wrote: »
    What is it with the ME forecast on the news tonight they show the next few days at the end and they show a full sun over the South for Sunday and clouds and Sun over the rest of the Country yet on their website for the weekend they say unsettled wet and windy. I just can't figure it out

They do this with their summary forecast chart after the weather on tv too...during the forecast they show sunny weather sometimes and then when the forecast is over the summary chart shows the opposite kind of weather rain and wind or something...that way they can never be wrong :pac:

In all my years watching the RTE forecast I've never managed to make sense of those summary charts they show at the end, a good 50% of the time they're totally at odds with what they've just forecast

Anyway, back here a beautiful day and equally beautiful night with clear almost cloudless skies, spotted a meteorite while out for a walk earlier :)

Still strong gusts of wind in cork city this morning and now it's raining too.

Raining all day in cork city. Rotten. Weather showed that it's been dry since 6 on met eireann basically, Shannon radar affecting that too.

Beautiful day again with blue skies and sunshine, best spell we've had since early September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Dry and dull so far in Athenry, feels milder than recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dark, dull, mild and raining now Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wet and miserable here in Meath, but the chill of the past week has gone out of the air. However the mild of the next 3 days is only temporary. Turns colder from Monday with first half of November looking quite chilly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Gonzo wrote: »
    wet and miserable here in Meath, but the chill of the past week has gone out of the air. However the mild of the next 3 days is only temporary. Turns colder from Monday with first half of November looking quite chilly.

Mildness is pointless when the weather is this awful. Give me cold and dry any day over this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Misty, dark, and just miserable, i know its milder then previous days but im not feeling it, stove will be lit shortly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Misty, dark, and just miserable, i know its milder then previous days but im not feeling it, stove will be lit shortly

heating on here all day. House was freezing after the cold of the past week. Unfortunately there is no comfort with the forecast over the next week as it's about to get much more unsettled than it is right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow
    Rainfall Warning for Galway, Clare, Kerry and Limerick

Spells of heavy rain will lead to accumulations of 30 to 40mm during the period, with higher totals possible in upland areas.

Valid from 14:00 Fri, 01-Nov-2019
    Valid until 14:00 Sat, 02-Nov-2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Gonzo wrote: »
    heating on here all day. House was freezing after the cold of the past week. Unfortunately there is no comfort with the forecast over the next week as it's about to get much more unsettled than it is right now.

It couldn't possibly get any worse than it has been in Cork for the past two days. Rainfall totals might not be anything special but the relentless driving mist and dense cloud is depressing.

Sky has that "stormy" look and colour to it this morning in cork city. We've had some strong gusts for the last 2 or 3 days really here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Misty, moist, mysterious. There are no mountains, no fields; the cats vanish as they reach the end of the drive.. Still and snug.... utter silence..

It is rather comforting. Not seen this kind of fog for years...wraps around like a warm blanket.

West mayo offshore

poured rain here most of the night, back to a waterlogged driveway and very wet garden. I guess the past few dry days wasn't nearly enough to properly dry out the very wet conditions generally over the past 5 to 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I don't think any Yellow warnings should get their own thread here, especially at this time of the year. Yellow is not really a warning of anything serious, just a heads-up that some weather will happen. Up to 60 mm in the mountains of Kerry or gusts of 110 kph is nothing of note. The title should clarify that this will be a southern England/Channel/Northern France event. That'll prevent the "what storm?" comments.

An Orange is when people should be sitting up and taking note. We're going to have Yellows probably at least weekly throughout the winter, so is a thread going to be started for each of them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Met Eireann yellow warning is the usual county line nonsense, how does Kilkenny escape entirely in this set up?

2Ynr1.jpg

Advertisement