Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number port disaster from Eir to Vodafone

Options
  • 01-09-2019 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a number port messed up? I am worried that my number is now lost.

Here is what happened.

Went to Vodafone store last Thursday and asked to port from Eir bill pay to Vodafone PAYG and was given a SIM card and told it will take up to 24hrs to port as I have Eir broadband on the same account.

Went back to store on Friday as port never happened. I was told port was denied and they will do it again as an Eir ‘single line’ transfer and again wait for 24hrs.

Saturday morning I finally got a text to say port in progress & this is where the fun starts.
    I went to a different store to get my number topped up, put the sim in and it has a different number assigned to it already and it is on bill pay.
    I can still receive calls on my Eir number but it’s barred from outgoing calls.

Today my Eir sim is completely de-activated and my number is lost.

I do have someone else’s Vodafone sim with their number and have access to their bank, passport and address details on the myvodafone account which is a major GDPR breach from Vodafone.

Yesterday if I tried calling my number from this other persons phone I got an invalid number message, but I could still receive calls and texts from other networks. I got a guy in a Vodafone store to try calling my number too, and he got invalid number error too.

Today my number has vanished.

I went into 2 different Vodafone stores yesterday who could not help and called customer care who could not care less about my situation. The store that carried out the port would not answer the phone all day yesterday. I tried to call over 10 times during the day.

When another store tried accessing my port their display says access denied to this port details.

I know Eir has system issues yesterday, but my port went through at their end.
    I reckon the problem is that Vodafone tried to assign my number to an active SIM card so the number is now lost in their system.

Has anyone else gone through this and managed to get their number back?

Advertisement