Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which RAM for Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE

Options
  • 01-09-2019 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a new Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE and my current ram, a Patriot Viper 4 3400mhz is giving me some compatibility problems.

Can someone recommend me a good RAM for that mother board? budget is 100€ - 120€

Thanks in advance

Comments

Don't think there was any need to start a new thread. As i said in your other one, I'm using Hyperx Predator and have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

Don't think there was any need to start a new thread. As i said in your other one, I'm using Hyperx Predator and have no issues.

Sure, I wanted some alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There is nothing wrong with your current RAM. XMP is just auto overclocking so since auto doesn't work for you just set it manually.

Set it memory speed to 3400Mhz and then mess with the timings. To get it up and running stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't read your first post in this thread properly. So I assume 3400MHz is not holding. If so set it to 3400Mhz as I told you in the other thread then boot into Windows and download CPU-z and show me a picture of the memory tad and also the SPD tab inside CPU-z. As when you set the RAM to 3400MHz they way I told you the timings are set to auto and I want to see what the bios is setting them to automatically as if too set too tight it can cause instability issues.

Advertisement